破碎之家
根特 2006年 六月
Ghent, June 2006
手臂伸开
Round your arm.
看着妈妈
Look at Mummy.
会有点疼
It’ll feel a bit tight.
不怕 宝贝
Keep still, sweetie.
不哭不哭
Don’t cry.
打完了 打完了
All done. All done.
已经打完了
Don’t do that. It’s all done now.
医生现在要见你们
Right. The doctor will see you now.
-我和小姑娘待会 -乖 好么?
And I’ll stay with this little lady. -Be good, eh?
你好啊 小姑娘
Hello, little lady.
-这是什么 -我的背包
What’s this? -My rucksack.
-这是只大瓢虫哎 -这是背包啦
No, it’s a giant ladybird. -It’s a rucksack!
大瓢虫
A giant ladybird!
-你好 医生 -请进
Hello, doctor. -Come in.
自己待会好么
Can you watch on your own for a moment?
爸爸妈妈出去会儿
Mummy and Daddy are just popping out.
真乖
There’s a good girl.
我们能说好么
Can we agree on one thing?
要哭回家哭 在这就开心点 好吗
We do our crying at home. When we’re in here we’re positive, OK?
好啦
OK.
走吧
Come on.
你看她
Look at her.
-她没事的 -对
She’s fine. -Yeah…
不是么
Isn’t she?
我们明天就打死它
We’re going to shoot it dead tomorrow.
-我们要做什么 -把癌症打死
What are we going to do? -Shoot the cancer dead.
对 对
Yes! Yes!
撞下脑袋
Bump heads!
睡觉啦 小笨蛋
Go to sleep now, you silly sausage. -That’ll do.
七年前
7 years previously
-这都是你的? -对
Does all that belong to you? -Yes.
-真好 -但还要好好装♥修♥一下
Wow! Very nice! -But it needs a lot of work done to it.
所以我现在睡在那里
Still… -So for now I sleep… there.
那是大篷车?
In that caravan?
-你真是个牛仔 -我竭尽所能
You’re a real cowboy after all! -I do my best.
-这匹马也是你的? -对 它叫厄尔
Is that horse yours too? -Yes, that’s Earl.
还有鸡哎!
Chickens!
-它脾气坏吗? -不坏 很温和
Is he bad-tempered? -No, he’s very sweet-natured.
JD克罗和新南方 还有托尼·赖斯乐队
J.D. Crowe and The New South. Then the Tony Rice Unit.
《曼扎尼塔》 我最喜欢的CD
Manzanita is definitely my favourite CD ever.
他以前声音很好听
He used to have a fantastic voice.
后来不行了 真可惜
But he lost it. It’s such a shame.
我不知道怎么回事
I don’t know how.
因为生病或者酗酒吧
Following an illness or something. Or a bit too much whisky!
你为什么弹班卓琴
Why do you play the banjo?
弹吉他太傻 曼陀林又很闷
I’m too stupid to play the guitar and too dumb to play the mandolin.
开玩笑的 我以前是朋克摇滚歌♥手
No, no. I used to be a punk rocker
班卓琴很明快 让我想起朋克摇滚
and a banjo sort of snarls, which reminds me of punk rock.
我非常喜欢
I love it.
你怎么会有这么多纹身?
How come you’ve got so many tattoos?
爱丽丝?
Elise?
你好啊 牛仔
Hi, cowboy.
看到你不喜欢纹身…
Seeing as you don’t want a tattoo…
你喜欢吗?
Do you like it?
是的
Yes.
梅布尔
下午好
Good afternoon. -Shhh, shhh.
我们在这吃中饭
Here we are with lunch.
-她刚睡下 -医院有规定的时间
She’s just fallen asleep. -The hospital has its set times.
-梅布尔病了 -亲爱的
Maybelle is ill! -Sweetheart…
-病了 -亲爱的
Ill! -Sweetheart…
-迪迪埃 你也吼几句啊 -吼什么啊
You could say something too, Didier. -Say what? Eh? What?
对不起
Sorry.
对不起
Sorry.
嗨 梅布尔
Hey, Maybelle.
对不起 甜心 妈妈不该那样吼
Sorry, sweetie. Mummy shouldn’t shout like that, eh?
对不起
Sorry.
-对不起 -没事
Sorry. -It’s alright.
我们尽可能坐稳了
Now we’re going to do our best to sit very still.
你会觉得有点刺痛
You’ll feel a little prick.
做的好
Well done.
准备好了
OK, ready?
好痛
That hurt.
-你知道这是谁给我的? -你妈妈
You knew, eh? Who gave it to me? -Your mummy.
在那之前是我妈妈的妈妈
Before that it belonged to my mummy’s mummy.
之前是我妈妈的妈妈的妈妈
And before that to my mummy’s mummy’s mummy.
我现在把它给你
And now I’m giving it to you.
因为我是你妈妈
Because I’m your mummy.
等你长大了再给你的女儿
And when you’re grown up, you can give it to your little girl.
但在那之前 如果你感到伤心…
But until then I want you to hold on tightly to it when you feel sad,
害怕或者孤独 就抓紧它
or when you’re scared or when you feel lonely.
然后闭上眼睛想些快乐的事情
Then close your eyes and think of something nice.
要试一下吗?
Shall we give it a try?
世界各地卑微贫贱的猎人
Dirt-poor fortune-hunters from all over the world
都来到阿帕拉契山脉
were there on the Appalachians,
踩在那些石板上 那里对我而言很艰难
on that slate that was bloody difficult to mine.
西班牙人有吉他 意大利人♥弹♥曼陀林
The Spaniard had a guitar, the Italian a mandolin,
犹太人拉小提琴 非洲人演奏班查儿
the Jew a violin and the African a banjar,
后来成了班卓琴
from which the banjo is descended.
为了战胜饥饿和苦恼 他们开始唱歌♥
To combat the hunger and the misery, they started singing songs
歌♥颂他们对那片希望土地的梦想
about their dreams of a promised land,
抒发对死亡的恐惧
often about their fear of dying,
表达对来世美好生活的憧憬
their hope for a better life in the hereafter
他们的不幸 他们的艰难
and their sorrow, their hard life.
迪迪埃
Didier?
迪迪埃
Didier?
爱丽丝 亲爱的 能过来帮个忙吗?
Elise, can you come and help me, sweetheart?
你在哪?
Where are you?
迪迪埃?
Didier?
怎么?
What?
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
你不舒服 亲爱的?
Are you alright, sweetheart?
我怀孕了
I’m pregnant.
三个月了
Three months.
怎么?
What?
也许我没准备好
Maybe I don’t want that.
这怎么可能? 怎么可能?
How did that happen? How come…?
我安全期一直不规律
I… I’ve never been regular.
你怎么想?
What do you think?
你觉得我故意怀孕的?
That I knew? That I’ve tricked you into this?
也许我不该替别人做决定
Maybe I don’t want to make decisions about someone else’s life.
我不知道
I didn’t know.
你想带个孩子在大篷车里过日子?
D’you expect us to carry on living in that caravan with a baby?
-你好 梅布尔 -你好 医生
Hello, Maybelle. -Hello, doctor.
我喜欢你的脸谱
I love your face.
-你明天就能回家了 -是的
You can go home tomorrow. -Yes!
很棒 对吧 但你几周后还得回来
Great, eh? But you have to come back in a few weeks.
-就像我说的 好吗 -好
Like I told you, eh? -Yes.
我们要看看化疗队长能不能打个胜仗
Then we can see if Captain Chemo won the fight.
谢谢你 医生
Thank you, doctor.
-你画的是什么? -老虎
What are you? -A tiger.
老虎
A tiger.
-你妈妈画的是什么? -蝴蝶
And what is Mummy? -A butterfly.
老虎会做什么
What do tigers do?
那是什么?
What’s that?
你能听到吗 我听到有人在我们屋里
Can you hear what I can hear? There’s someone in our house.
你敢去看一眼吗 我可不敢 去看看
Do you dare go and take a look? Cos I don’t. Go and see.
你想去看看吗?
Are you going to go and see?
你看到了什么?
Well? Can you see anything?