And thank you for being so nice to me.
我还想对你更好
Not half so nice as I’d like to be.
今晚我帮你办了一个生日派对
Oh, I’m arranging a little party tonight for your birthday.
我的生日派对?- 是的
A party for me? – Yes.
请进
Come in.
你不该这么做的
Oh, but you mustn’t do that.
为什么?
But why not?
我不想这么麻烦你
Because I don’t want you to.
别傻了 一切都安排好了
Well, now, that’s silly. I have everything arranged.
你一定要来 – 别这样
You must come. – Oh, please don’t.
你好 艾迪 – 你好 奎妮
Oh, hello, Eddie. – Hello, Queenie.
你好 – 你好
Oh, hello. – How are you?
汉克呢? – 出去了
Where’s Hank? – She’s out.
我在这里等她回来
Then I’m gonna wait right here till she gets back.
看来我还是走好了
Well, it looks as if I’d better take the air.
我晚点再打给你 好吗?
I’ll give you a ring a little later, shall I?
好
Fine.
再见 – 再见
Good bye. – Good bye.
谢谢你送的花
Oh, and thank you again for the flowers.
我觉得会亲女孩子手的男人
Well, I’ve got my suspicions about any guy
都不怀好意
that kisses a girl’s hand.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
他晚点再打给你
He’ll give you a ring later.
他晚点再打给你…
He’ll give you a ring…
可不是打支戒指给你 是打电♥话♥
on the telephone, but not here.
你有什么好生气的?
Well, what are you burned up about?
他又没对你怎样
He hasn’t done anything to you.
他敢
No.
给我试试看
And what’s more, he ain’t going to.
坐下来 消消气
Oh, sit down and cool off.
汉克很快就回来了 你找她出气好了
Hank’ll be here in a minute, and you can start raving to her.
艾迪 别老爱发脾气嘛
Oh, Eddie, don’t be such a crab.
你干嘛跟那种家伙走那么近?
Why do you let a guy like that hang around you?
你有完没完啊?
Say, will you lay off him?
我讨厌你一直说教
I’m sick of hearing you crab all the time.
我要揍他一顿
I’ll give him a sock in the nose.
你要找几个帮手?
You and how many others?
不需要帮手 我要亲自动手
I don’t need any others. I can do it all by myself.
怎么样?
What do you think of that?
我懂了
Uh-huh. I-I know.
你还是没有机会出场
But you haven’t anything to do in the show.
我可以帮你再找个金发女孩
H can team you up with this blonde
一起用梦荷妮姐妹的名义表演
and still book you as the Mahoney Sisters.
不了 我要留下来盯着奎妮
Nope. I’ve got to stick around and keep an eye on Queenie.
奎妮?她怎么了?
Queenie? What has she been doing?
她变了好多 杰叔
Oh, she’s changed, Uncle Jed.
再也不跟我谈心事了
She don’t tell me things anymore.
每晚都跟乔克·瓦里纳鬼混
Night after night she’s out with Jock Warriner.
要不是担心奎妮
Oh, if it wasn’t for Queenie,
我就是世上最快乐的女孩了
I’d be the happiest girl in the world.
因为和艾迪吗?
W- With Eddie?
啊哈
Uh- huh.
听我说 汉克
Now, now listen, Hank.
你不如帮艾迪一个忙 嫁给他吧?
W- Why don’t you give Eddie a break and m-marry him?
也许我会
Hmm, maybe I will.
也许
Mm- hmm. M- Maybe.
说不定奎妮就是希望这样
M- Maybe that’s just what Queenie needs…
看见你和艾迪快快乐乐的
to see you and Eddie happy.
你这么想吗?
Well, do you think so?
这就是我想要…
I- I- It’s exactly what I’ve been trying to…
当然啦
S-Sure.
奎妮 我不是故意
Queenie, I didn’t mean to get all burned up
要发乔克·瓦里纳的脾气
about Jock Warriner.
奎妮 我整夜都不能睡
Queenie, I couldn’t sleep at all last night,
不停想你
thinking of you.
说真的
On the level.
奎妮
Queenie.
这首歌♥是写给你的
I wrote it for you.
我写的人也是你
I wrote it about you.
全都是你
It’s you.
你还不懂我的心意吗?
Don’t you know what I mean?
别说了 还有汉克
No, no! Hank!
奎妮 我…
Aw, Queenie, I…
你怎么想乔克·瓦里纳我不管
You keep your thoughts to yourself about Jock Warriner!
我喜欢他
I like him!
奎妮 不可以对艾迪这么没礼貌
Oh, Queenie, don’t be so mean to Eddie.
你们最好不要再管我了
Yes, well, you two both better lay off me from now on.
我受不了你们唠唠叨叨
I’m darn sick of being nagged!
每次我提到那个人
Oh, she’s just the same with me, Eddie,
她也是这么凶我的
every time I mention his name.
你看
But look it.
“生日快乐 奎妮”
“Happy birthday, Queenie.”
太好了 汉克
That’s great, Hank.
更棒的还在后头
And wait till you see what’s coming up.
这是我以前的戒指 我帮她重镶过了
It’s my old ring. I had it re- set for her.
她一直想要个钻戒 这还是纯铂金的耶
She’s always wanted a diamond, and it’s real platinum, too.
很漂亮 汉克
That’s pretty, Hank.
今晚我把大伙儿都请来了
I’ve invited the whole gang over tonight.
有杰叔 舞台监督
There’s Uncle Jed and the stage manager,
法耶·凡切特 还有飞行傻瓜
and Faye Fanchett, and the Flying Fools.
我要办一场最棒的生日派对
Oh, I’m gonna give her the swellest party she ever had.
艾迪 我真的很爱她
Oh, Eddie, I love her so.
你人真好 汉克
You sure are regular, Hank.
乔克·瓦里纳送的
Jock Warriner.
我想单独跟她谈一谈 艾迪
Oh, I want to talk to her alone, Eddie.
今晚在剧院见
I’ll see you later at the theater tonight.
好吧 汉克
Alright, Hank.
再见 汉克
Goodbye, Hank.
奎妮
Oh, Queenie.
你们看 很简单 – 自己滚动
It’s very simple. – Ah, rolling his own.
就这样 你们看
That’s it. Now, watch this one.
我告诉你
That’s clever, I’m telling you.
老天爷
Ah!
要是你把我老婆也变走 那有多好
Boy, if you could do that with my wife.
表演更精彩的 新的花样
Say, give us something good, something new.
你能不能从这里变出兔子来?
Say, can you pull a rabbit from that?
大家好
Oh! Hello, everybody.
我带收音机来了
Oh, I brought the radio along with me.
乔 里面有什么?
Joe, what have you got there?
连芝加哥都听得到
Oh, gee, I can get Chicago with that.
芝加哥?那有什么稀奇
Chicago? Why, that’s nothing.
我昨晚还听到苏格兰呢
I got Scotland last night.
你怎么知道是苏格兰?
How do you know you got Scotland?
因为我听到有人唱
Why, I heard the guy singing
“人生最好的事往往是免费的”
“The Best Things in Life Are Free.”
噢 – 噢
Ohhh! – Ohhh!
把蛋糕拿到隔壁
Take this cake in the other room,
当我们喊”惊喜”时
and when you hear us yell “surprise,”
点上蜡烛拿出来
bring it back lighted.
好 – 记住啦
Okay. – Now, don’t forget.
好的 – 给我一点
I won’t. – Hey, give me a few
分给我一点
of those things.
嘘
Shh!
有人来了 准备好了吗?
Someone’s coming. Are you all set?
安静 安静
Quiet, quiet.
嘘
Shh.
大惊喜
Surprise!
大惊喜 大惊喜
Surprise! Surprise!
奎妮呢?- 奎妮在哪?
Well, where’s Queenie? – Yeah, where’s Queenie?
她出去了? – 她为什么没来?
Is she outside? – Why didn’t she come?
她去参加另一个派对