that made me come to New York.
还记得我本来心灰意冷 想要放弃一切
Remember when I wanted to quit and give the whole thing up,
多亏你要我坚持下去
and you made me stick it out?
啊哈 – 现在换我
Uh- huh. – Well, now I’m going
报答你了
to do something for you.
扎菲尔德买♥♥下我的新歌♥《百老汇旋律》
Zanfield’s bought my new song, “The Broadway Melody.”
把歌♥舞剧也取这个名字
And he’s naming his revue after it.
我已经向他推荐你们了
Oh, but I’ve already spoken to him about you.
你觉得我们有希望吗?
Oh, do you think we’ve got a chance?
希望?别傻了
Chance? Don’t be silly.
我说是你们 就是你们
One word from me, and you’re in.
奎妮 太棒啦
Oh, Queenie, ain’t that great?
要是真的就好了
Sure, if it’s true.
真的?你不了解我在扎菲尔德身边的地位
True? You don’t know how I stand with Zanfield.
那我们要表演什么?
Well, if it’s all fixed and we’re in, what do we do?
什么时候开始? – 薪水多少?
When do we start? – And how much do we get?
你们要跟我一起唱《百老汇旋律》
You’re going to sing my “Broadway Melody” with me.
梦荷妮姐妹与艾迪·卡恩斯
“The Mahoney Sisters and Eddie Kearns.”
艾迪·卡恩斯与梦荷妮姐妹
Yeah, “Eddie Kearns and the Mahoney Sisters.”
这首歌♥怎么唱…
Oh, dear! Well…Well, how does it, um…
这首歌♥怎么唱?
How does it go?
怎么唱?我先唱一段主歌♥
How’s it go? Now, listen, I sing a verse,
然后你们在副歌♥的地方加入
and you come in on the chorus.
接着我们唱另一段副歌♥ 然后跳一段舞
Then we do another chorus, and then go into a little dance.
示范一下
Uh- huh. Well, give us an idea of the dance.
好 – 我来示范一下
Yeah. – I’ll give you an idea.
精彩吗? – 太棒了 艾迪
Good? – Oh, swell, Eddie.
再来一次 – 很高兴你喜欢
Do it again. – Glad you liked it.
再来一次
Oh, sing it again!
把桌子搬到后面
Let’s move back this table, kids.
我们来跳舞
We’ll go into our dance.
准备好了吗?- 啊哈
You all ready, girls? – Uh-huh!
一起来吧
Come on, now, let’s go.
就是这样
There you are.
奎妮 你怎么不看我的脚?
Queenie, why don’t you look at my feet?
看看她
Look at Hank.
做得好
Attagirl!
喜欢吗?
Hey!
不要弄我
Don’t do that!
不要弄我
Don’t do that!
等一下 等一下
Hey, wait a minute, wait a minute. Wait a minute.
你的左脚怎么搞的?
Listen, toots, what’s the matter with the left leg?
我头痛
Well, I’ve got a headache.
去坐下 别想东想西的
Well, go on and sit down. Take a load off your mind.
不要用这种态度跟我说话 我不舒服
Don’t talk to me like that. I don’t feel well.
不准顶嘴 听到没?
Listen, don’t answer me back, you understand?
过来
Come here.
艾迪在那里 你好 嗨
There’s Eddie. Hello, hey.
你们的拍子都错了 我教的不是这样
Your rhythm is all wrong. Nothing like I showed you.
看好
Alright, now watch.
你好 艾迪 – 你们 孩子们
Hello, Eddie. – Hello, kids.
还好吗?奎妮
How are you? Hello, Queenie.
我们好不容易才进来
You know, we had a tough time getting in.
什么时候表演? – 再等一下
When do we show the act? – In a few minutes.
我还来不及跟扎菲尔德提这件事
I haven’t had a chance to talk to Zanfield yet.
没问题吧?- 我们会上场吧?
Well, it’s okay, ain’t it? – We’re in, ain’t we?
当然 包在我身上
Sure, it’s in the bag.
我说可以就可以
Whatever I say goes.
嘿 卡恩斯
Hey, Kearns.
什么事?
Yes, sir?
我们可不想整个下午
Listen, stick around. We don’t want to take
只排一支舞
all afternoon to set one dance.
是的
Yes, sir.
我们最好去换衣服了 走吧
Maybe we’d better get undressed. Come on.
好了 山姆 弹吧
Alright, Sam, let it go.
乔治
Oh, George.
暂停一下 在这里停住 山姆
Wait a minute, hold it there. Hold it, Sam.
布景都弄好了 就等你检查 扎菲尔德先生
Uh, the sets are all ready for your okay, Mr. Zanfield.
这只是个粗略的排舞 让您大概看一下
Mr. Zanfield, that’s just an idea of what it’s going to be.
看得出来 的确很粗糙
I can see that. It’s just an idea.
是的 是的
Yes, sir. Yes, sir.
别担心 我会改进的
But don’t worry, I’ll fix it.
布景没问题 – 是的
Okay on those sets. – Yes, sir.
提醒我早上来看排演
Remind me to see that rehearsal in the morning.
好的 先生 – 记下来
Yes, sir. – Make a note of that.
遵命
Yes, sir.
我要在纽约客吃午餐
I’m having lunch at the Knickerbocker.
遵命 – 扎菲尔德先生
Yes, sir. – Oh, Mr. Zanfield.
没有金的布料
This material, I couldn’t get it in the gold design,
只有银的
only in the silver.
是不是很美呢?
Isn’t it lovely?
还可以 但我要金的
Hmm. It’s fine. Get it in the gold.
记住 我要用金色
Remember, I want that in the gold.
遵命
Yes, sir.
扎菲尔德先生 不好意思
Oh, Mr. Zanfield. Pardon me.
可以请你看一下梦荷妮姐妹的表演吗?
Will you take a look at the Mahoney Sisters right now?
马隆尼姐妹?
The Maloney Sisters?
是梦荷妮姐妹
No, the Mahoney Sisters.
她们是谁?从来没听过
Who are they? I never heard of them.
就是我上次跟您提过的姐妹团体
It’s the sister act I told you about.
她们在哪?
Where are they?
就在舞台对面
Right over there, across stage.
好吧 叫她们进来
Alright, wheel them in.
跟乔治说 我要看一下她们的表演
Tell George I’ll take a look at the act.
谢谢您 扎菲尔德先生
Thanks, Mr. Zanfield.
小家伙们 准备好了吗? – 是的
We||, kids, you all set? – Yeah.
音乐呢? – 是的
Got your music? – Yeah.
去跟他说要弹什么
Well, go over there and tell him what you want.
好的
Alright.
猛和泥姐妹来了
The Baloney Sisters?
先弹一段前奏
Now give us a pickup in introduction
再弹几次副歌♥ 然后加强结尾
and a couple of choruses, and swell to the finish.
跟着我们的节拍
But you follow us, not us you.
是的 女士 – 山姆 看来
Yes, ma’am. – Sam, looks like
马戏团少了对台柱啦
some carnival lost a good act.
我一定要把那个女人揍得
Oh, in a minute, I’m gonna lay that dame
像麻花卷一样
like a roll of linoleum.
汉克 在这里要收敛一点
Hank, you can’t pull that around here.
汉克 先别闹事
Hank, don’t start anything now.
到更衣间再收拾她
Wait till you get her in the dressing room.
当然 来吧 站好位置
Sure. Now, come on. Get together.
准备好了吗?
All set now, huh?
噢 等等
Oh, wait a minute.
我可以把它放下吗?
Don’t mind if I put this down, do you?
没问题 女士
No, ma’am.
我会先抓拍子再开始 别忘了…
I’ll vamp till ready, and don’t forget…
我们要配合无间
we do things intimate.
好了
Yeah.
一切就绪 – 一切就绪
All set. – All set, fine.
好 – 让他们大开眼界
AIright. – Babies, smack it over big.
没什么好担心
You ain’t got nothing to worry about.
你们是最棒的
You’re as good as in now.
我去那边 看老板觉得怎么样
I’ll go and see how the boss likes it.
好
Alright.
好了 开始吧
Well, alright, shoot.
继续弹 好吗?
Well, play it, will you?
钢琴出了点问题
Something’s wrong with the piano.
难不成要我帮你弹吗?
Well, do I have to come over and play it for you, too?
好吧 开始吧
Okay, go ahead.
她们怎么搞的?
What’s the matter with them?
是钢琴有点问题