Good morning. – Hello, Jimmy!
这首歌♥是你这辈子
Listen, I’ve got the hottest song
听过最棒的歌♥
you ever heard in your life.
真的吗?- 当然啦
That so? – Yes, that’s so.
好了吗?准备好了没?
Got it? Have you got it?
吉米 叫那群人安静点
Jimmy, if you can get this crowd to keep quiet,
我好唱给你听
I’ll sing it for you.
加点和声怎么样?- 好
How about a little harmony? – Oh, fine, a little harmony.
我们现在来唱一遍
Now, listen, let’s go through it.
第一段和第二段
One and two, you know?
第二段副歌♥ 要加一点爵士
The second chorus, a little jazz, a little pep
和欢乐的味道 明白吗?
and everything, you know?
我等你好了就开始 开始吧
Come on, I’ll vamp until ready. Let’s go.
好 – 开始啦 赫伯
Alright. – Go on, Herb.
就是这样
That’s it.
和声要升F调 – 升F调?
The chorus in F- sharp. – F- sharp?
正点
Hot dog!
姐妹 如果我们能唱到这首歌♥
Listen, kid, if we can get that number,
肯定能一炮而红
we’re a cinch for the Palace.
试试那个 好吧
Try that one, alright.
你好 小妞 – 你好 艾迪
Hello, girls. – Hello, Eddie.
嗯? – 艾迪
What? – Listen, Eddie.
给我们唱这首歌♥ 包你大红大紫
We’ll take that song and smack it over for you.
没错
Sure!
不行 扎菲尔德已经买♥♥下这首歌♥
Oh, no. Not this song, babies.
当作新歌♥舞剧的主题曲
Zanfield’s bought it for his new revue.
而且从西部来的梦荷妮姐妹
And the Mahoney Sisters are coming from the West
也要跟我一起表演
to put it over for me.
艾迪
Aw, listen, Eddie,
你不会让这么一首好歌♥
you’re not gonna waste a swell number like that
被没没无名的姐妹给糟蹋了吧
on a small- time sister act, are you?
别白费心机了 萝西
Nix cracking, Rosie.
这两姐妹里的其中一个
Half of that sister team is going to be
是未来的卡恩斯太太
the future Mrs. Eddie Kearns.
噢 – 慢着
Ooh! – Wait a minute.
等等 艾迪
Wait a minute, Eddie.
把歌♥交给我们
If you want to be made overnight,
保证让你一夜成名
just give us a crack at that number.
不行 不行
Oh, no. Oh, no.
绝对不行
Oh, no. No, no, positively not.
我得回饭店去了
Ooh, I’ve got to get back to the hotel.
她们在等我呢
The girls are waiting for me.
不过 想要好歌♥的话
Oh, but, listen, if you want a song,
去找乔治·科汉
see Georgie Cohan.
他也挺会写歌♥的
He writes good music too.
歌♥怎么样 吉米?
How about it, Jimmy?
我来拿 谢谢
Oh, I’ll take that, thank you.
天啊 这里真高级
Gee, this is elegant, ain’t it?!
等我看到床再说
Tell you better when I get a peek at the beds.
小声点 早叫你
Quiet! I told you to pack
把锅碗瓢盆放在车里的
that cooking outfit in the trunk!
是吗?我才不想冒险
Yeah? Well, I’m taking no chances.
万一没钱付房♥租 车子又被饭店扣押
If we can’t pay our bill and the hotel holds the trunks,
至少我们还有饭吃
we still eat.
宝贝 不吃饭你哪来的卡路里?
And, baby, when you don’t eat, you lose a lot of calories.
卡路里?是干嘛的?
Calories? What are they?
学聪明点 你这个大笨蛋
Oh, acrobats, you big sap!
反正吃你做的菜也吃不饱
Well, I never got fat on your cooking.
是吗?自己一脸菜色
No? Well, you never got that complexion
还敢怪在我做的菜上
from the Greeks, I can tell you that.
不准你用这种口气说话 – 别吵了 别吵了
Don’t talk to me like… – Ixnay, ixnay.
给我们多一点毛巾
Leave us plenty of towels, too.
我已经给了 而且我有数过总共几条
I did. And I counted them.
你数学够好吗?
How high can you count?
一切都打点好了 还需要些什么吗?
Well, everything’s okay. Will there be anything else?
对了 食物
Yeah, food.
我猜他可能会要小费
I think he may stall for a tip.
你先到窗边 待会给我个暗号♥
Get to the window and give me the high sign.
汉克 我不要啦
Oh, Hank, I don’t want to do that.
别这么吝啬嘛
Don’t be such a Cheapskate!
快去
Screw!
我看上面什么都没有
Say, did they run out of everything
就是钱的符号♥最多?
but dollar signs on this thing?
一杯咖啡 一份煎蛋
One coffee, one order of fried eggs.
煎蛋一份里有两个蛋 对吧?
There’s two in an order, ain’t they?
是的 – 还要一份面包
Yep. – And one order of rolls.
汉克 – 什么事?
Hank! – Yes!
快来看 这里好美喔
Come look at the elegant view.
这样就好了 谢谢
Oh. That will be all, thank you.
一杯咖啡 一份面包 两个煎蛋
Cup of coffee, order of rolls, a couple of eggs!
成功了
It worked.
噢 奎妮 纽约耶
Oh, Queenie, New York.
我们梦寐以求的地方
The place we’ve dreamed and talked about.
太好了 不是吗?
Ain’t it swell?
是啊
Yeah.
但是我总觉得
But there’s something about it
有点害怕 汉克
that kind of scares me, Hank.
害怕?
Scares you?
没什么好怕的
Well, there’s nothing to be afraid of.
我们好像太冒险了
Well, it seems like we’re taking an awful chance.
我们在西部发展得很好
We were getting along so well out West.
工作多又稳定 还可以存钱
Plenty of work, small jumps, a chance to save money.
而且每次表演都很成功
And the act always went over big.
但是这里
But here?
没半个人认识我们
Nobody knows us.
我好怕
Oh, I’m afraid.
别紧张 甜心
Aw, now, don’t lose your nerve, honey.
可是我们的钱又不多
But we haven’t got much money.
汉克 不如我们回去 再一年就好?
Oh, Hank, couldn’t we go back, just for one more year?
回到那些剧院 还有活动中心?
Back to those opera houses and town halls?
那些廉价旅馆和它那可笑的大堂?
Those cheap hotels and their lobby comics?
自己煮饭
Cooking our own food,
洗衣服 在镜子上烫衣服
washing our own clothes and ironing them. On mirrors.
每天搭臭气冲天的公车
Riding in those smelly day coaches.
夏天脏的要死
Going ragged all summer
冬天冷的要命
and then darn near freezing in the winter.
何必呢?
And why?
还不就为了存钱
Just to save money enough
来纽约表演吗?
to get to New York and show our act.
亲爱的
Oh, honey.
就凭你的美貌和我的才华
With your looks and my ability…
我不会让你吃苦的
Aw, I wouldn’t steer ya wrong.
放心吧
Oh, now, don’t worry.
你看到那个BVD的广♥告♥招牌了吗?
You see that electric sign of the fellow in BVDs?
嗯 – 他们将在那里
Yeah. – Well, right there,
放上梦荷妮姐妹的招牌
they’re gonna have “The Mahoney Sisters.”
穿着BVD吗?- 是啊 BVD广♥告♥
In BVDs? – Yes, in BVD…
他们要是够聪明
Baby, they were plenty smart
就知道得把你打扮得漂漂亮亮的
when they made you beautiful.
趁艾迪还没到 我们先梳洗一下
Come on, let’s get cleaned up before Eddie gets here.
我帮你放水
I’ll run a tub for you.
梦荷妮姐妹的BVD广♥告♥
The Mahoney Sisters in BVDs.
你在唱什么?
Hey, what are you singing?
丽仕的泡泡歌♥
The bubble song from Lux.
要一起唱吗?
Will you join me?
何必让两个人都湿哒哒的
No use of us both getting wet.
可以帮我洗吗?
Will you wash mine?
也好
I might as well.
除了自己的脖子 你什么也没洗过
You never wash anything but your…neck.
我都要帮你洗了 还得帮你捡起来
I not only wash them, I got to pick them up?
汉克 我不是故意的