她不会放弃表演的
Why, she couldn’t give it up.
表演是她的生命 不能没有它
It’s her life. She couldn’t live without it.
而且有人照顾你 她就放心了
And now that she knows you’re taken care of…
别哭了 亲爱的
Don’t cry, honey.
两情相悦是天经地义的事
People can’t help falling in love.
爱情来了 挡也挡不住
It comes to you no matter what you do.
我爱你
And I love you, dear.
我爱你 艾迪
Oh, and I love you, Eddie.
我们是天作之合
You were just meant for me.
首场在皮奥里亚演出 一天四场秀
Opening in Peoria. Four shows a day.
扎尼说六个月就可以把我捧红
Zanny said he’d make me a star in six months.
听着
S- Say, listen.
我们宁可在奥什科什…
It’s better to star in P- P- Peer…
奥什科什…作秀 也好过在百老汇饿死
In P-P-Peor…in Oshkosh t-than to starve on Broadway.
胡扯
That’s a bunk.
你听我说 小呆瓜
Say, now, you listen to me, stupid.
事情包在我身上
I’ll handle things.
不用六个月 我就让你重回百老汇
Yes, and I’ll have you back on Broadway
到碧丽宫戏院登台表演
and in the Palace in less than six months.
没骗我吧?
No fooling?
当然 小事一桩
Why, it’s cream in the can, baby.
没错
S-S-Sure.
小…
It’s c-c-ere…
小…事一桩
Cre…It’s c-c…It’s in the can!