Eddie… There’s something I need to say.
停车 伙计
Stop the car, mate.
什么
What?
停下来 停车
Stop, stop the car.
澳大利亚 1970年
带着你那傻里傻气的妈妈 从哪儿来的回哪儿去
Go back to where you came from and take your stupid looking mum —
埃迪
Eddie,
过来好吗
come here, please.
这是给你的
This is for you.
不管被打倒几次 他总是会站起来
It always gets up.
一会儿 一个来自退伍军人联盟的好人
Very soon, a nice man from the Returned Servicemen’s League
会过来帮我们除草
is going to come and cut our grass.
我希望你可以帮助他 好吗
I want you to help this kind man, OK?
妈妈 你在害怕的时候会做什么
Mom, what do you do when you’re scared of something?
在我害怕的时候
When I’m scared,
我会闭上眼睛想想我的家人
I close my eyes and I think about my family.
想那一刻能得到的最好的结果
And I think about the best outcome in that moment.
不管我多害怕 我都会强迫自己微笑
No matter how scared I am, I force myself to smile.
然后我再睁开眼睛
Then I open my eyes.
就这样吗
Is that all?

Yes.
下次 如果那些傻瓜男孩叫你的外号♥
The next time, when silly boys call you names,
你要微笑着说些聪明的话
smile and say something intelligent.
傻瓜不喜欢听到那些
Silly people don’t like that.
早上好
Good morning.
嗨 谢谢你能来
Hello, thank you for coming.
我的丈夫泰德会很感谢你的
Ted, my husband, he’d be so grateful.
这是34号♥对吧
This is number 34 right.
是啊
Yes.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
对不起
Sorry.
他不是要来帮我们除草吗
I thought he was going to cut our grass.
可能他忽然想起来还有其他事情要做吧
Perhaps, he remembered that he had something else to do.
争球 兰德威克喂球
Scrum, Randwick feed…
哟 看看你
Well, look at you.
我们都知道亚洲人打不了橄榄球
Everyone knows that Asians can’t play rugby.
注意点形象吧 伙计
Suit yourself, mate?
如果我们是地♥产♥经纪 你就是街上
If we were real estate, you’d be the cheapest house
最便宜的那栋房♥子
on the street.
连你队友都这么想
Even your teammates think you’re run down.
你这个混♥蛋♥
You bastard.
出局
Get off.
重装一下自己吧 伙计
Get a renovation, mate.
谢谢
Thank you.
埃迪 手放下去
Eddie, elbows.
房♥产经纪那个很搞笑
The real estate line was funny.
你也在吗
You were there?
亚洲人打不了球
Asians can’t play?
你会怎么说
What would have you said.
生活不是一场人气比赛 埃迪
Life’s not a popularity contest, Eddie.
你尽力了
You do your best.
只要你自己知道就行了
And if only you know that, that’s enough.
你尽力了吗
Did you do your best?
国际象棋起源于六世纪的印度
Chess originated in 6th century India.
那时咳嗽也是一种策略吗
Was coughing a strategy back then?
不 但是思考很重要
No, but thinking was important.
明确你的目标很重要
Knowing your objective is important.
保持你的士气也很重要
So is maintaining your morale.
好玩吗
You having fun?
该你了
It’s your move.
你要咳嗽了吗
Are you going to cough?
取决于你需不需要咯
Depends if you need me to.
将军
Check–
这就像生活一样 你不觉得吗
It’s like life, don’t you think?
尽一切可能留在游戏里
Do what it takes to stay in the game.
你没有咳嗽啊
You didn’t cough.
你没有好好思考
You didn’t think.
但是他需要找一份新的工作了
But he need to find a new career.
埃迪 你在医院
Eddie, you’re in hospital.
你中风了
You had a stroke.
别胡说八道
Bullshit.
我还要和那些黑人比赛呢
I hope to play with the All Blacks.
忘记那些黑人吧
Forget the All Blacks.
怎么可能忘记那些混♥蛋♥
How can you forget those bastards?
等药效消了 我就要离开这里
When this drug wears off, I’m out of here.
不是因为药
It’s not a drug.
你需要很多治疗
You need a lot of therapy.
治疗室在哪里
Where’s the therapy room?
把这个拔掉
Take this out.
距离橄榄球世界杯还有732天
琼斯先生
Mr. Jones,
七点前这里不开放
nobody should be here before 7.
我知道
I know.
距离橄榄球世界杯还有721天
你不应该用这个机器
You are not supposed to be on that.
距离橄榄球世界杯还有696天
治疗室 早上七点到下午五点
琼斯先生 已经快半夜了
Mr. Jones, it’s nearly midnight.
我快结束了
I’m nearly finished.
埃迪 我很好奇 是什么一直在激励你
Eddie, I’m curious, who inspires you?
是我的父母
My parents, mate.
我能问为什么吗
Can I ask why.
我妈妈是出生在加州的美日混血
My mother was born in California, Japanese-American.
珍珠港事件后 她被拘留了
After Pearl Harbor, she was interned.
我从来没听她说过任何人坏话
I never heard her say a bad word about anybody.
你父亲呢
And your father?
因为他的另一半是亚洲人 所以人们辱骂他
People abused him because his partner was Asian.
当他从越南回来后 他们疯狂辱骂他
Then they abused him when he came back from Vietnam.
我从来没听他说过任何人坏话
I never heard him say a bad word about anybody.
你提到了越南
You mentioned Vietnam.
我听说你小时候是在白人社区长大的
I heard you grew up in a white society at the time.
那段时间怎么样
How was that?
还行吧
It was fine, mate.
距离橄榄球 世界杯还有687天
我们的工作是负责好这个国家的橄榄球
Our job is to take care of rugby in this country.
我明白
I understand.
我们需要一个新的教练
We need a new coach.
我们已经有新的教练了
We already have a new coach.
现在埃迪病了
And now Eddie’s sick.
我们有一个临时教练 这才过了一个月
We have a caretaker coach. It’s only been a month.
你之前说埃迪想让迈克尔·利奇当队长吗 因为广濑是个好队长
Did you say that Eddie wants Michael Leitch as captain? Because Hirose is a good captain.
我知道 但是埃迪认为迈克尔更合适
I know but Eddie wants Michael.
上届世界杯上 我们有太多的非日本球员 媒体总因为这个做文章
At the last world cup, we had too many non-Japanese players. The media attacked us.
这和媒体怎么说没关系
It’s not about the media.
是没关系 但是迈克尔·利奇不是日本人 我们的教练也不是
Of course not, but Michael Leitch isn’t Japanese, and our coach isn’t Japanese…
这应该是个日本球队
This is supposed to be a Japanese team.
埃迪是日本混血
Eddie’s half-Japanese.
混血也不能算 他是澳大利亚人
Half-Japanese doesn’t count. He’s Australian.
迈克尔·利奇是
And Michael Leitch is?
新西兰混血
Half Kiwi.
和哪儿的混血
What’s the other half?
斐济的 现在怎么混血又有关系了
He’s half Fijian. Why does half count now?
过去的好时光都去哪儿了
What happened to the good old days?
你是说我们输145分的时候吗
You mean when we lost by 145 points?
请不要解雇他
Please don’t fire him.
亲爱的埃迪 我不会问你的身体状况
Dear Eddie, I won’t write about your health,
因为我知道你会照顾好自己
because I know you’ll be taking care of that.
也许你想过改变你的职业
But perhaps you’ve had thoughts about changing your career,
或者有人这么建议过你
or maybe others are suggesting it.
那些混♥蛋♥专家们什么都不懂
All those damn experts don’t know
他们不知道自己在说什么
what they’re talking about.
埃迪 最重要的是
What people do when nobody’s watching,
在没有人能看见的地方 你做了什么
that’s the key, Eddie.
很多人就那么放弃了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!