You’ve only just got the job.
内德 如果我们队不赢 我就不会有工作了
Ned, if we don’t win, I won’t have a job.
不知不觉中 世界杯就开始了
Before you know it, the World Cup will be here.
而且你知道的 一支优秀的球队在世界杯上
And you know a good teams do to
会怎么碾压日本队
Japan at the World Cup.
1995年 新西兰145比17打败了日本队
In 1995, New Zealand beat Japan 145 points to 17.
球队怎么才能克服那次惨败呢
Now how does a team get over that?
整个国家都被影响了
It affects the whole country.
埃迪 别说了
Eddie, stop talking.
我是认真的
I’m serious.
我也是 我之前告诉过你 生活里有些事情
So am I. I’ve told you before, there are some things in life
我们无法控制
we can’t control.
不可控制的 埃迪 生活就是这样
Uncontrollables, Eddie, that’s life.
你小时候 那些孩子们给你起各种外号♥
Those kids that used to call you all sorts of names
你能控制他们吗
when you were young, could you control them?
不能
No.
那你能控制你的反应吗
Could you control your reaction?

Yes.
埃迪 着眼于你能控制的 休息一下
Focus on the controllables, Eddie, and get some rest.
你没法每天都工作20个小时
You can’t keep doing 20-hour days.
休息一下吧
Get some rest.
我会的
I will.
很抱歉在你离开这么久之后给你打电♥话♥
I’m sorry to call when you’ve not been there so long.
我给你哥哥打电♥话♥了
I called your brother.
我告诉他不要和那些男孩在一起
I told him not to be with those boys.
他撞车了
He crashed his car.
他死了 迈克尔 他死了
He’s gone, Michael, he’s gone.
你还好吗
You OK?
我没事
Yeah, I’m fine.
对了 我差点忘了 你能来我的英语学校吗
Oh, I almost forgot, could you come and visit my English school?
学生们总是问你能不能来
The students always ask if you can.
我只是个打橄榄球的
I’m just a rugby player.
你应该找个打棒球的
You should get a baseball player.
但你是他们唯一认识的名人
But you’re the only person they know that’s famous.
而且你上过电视
And you’ve been on television.
对他们来说 你就是名人
To them, that means you’re famous.
就二十分钟
Just 20 minutes.
好吧
OK.
谢谢你
Thank you.
好 我们继续写这个吧
Now, let’s get back to it.
你写得不错
You’re writing looks good.
作为一个在新西兰长大的混血儿
Growing up in New Zealand as a half caste,
迈克尔·利奇本人
我付出很多努力去适应
I struggled to fit in.
所以我搬到日本之后 我面临同样的问题
So when I moved to Japan, I came across the same struggles.
不好意思
Excuse me.
你是什么时候来日本的
When did you come to Japan?
十年前
Ten years ago.
哦 你有身份证
Ah, you’ve got ID.
检查一下
Check the details.
请检查…
Please check…
人们往往以貌取人
People would often judge on the appearance.
在国外失去身份
And to lose your identity in a foreign country
迈克尔·利奇本人
是很危险的事
is a dangerous thing.
别惹麻烦
Stay out of trouble.
对我们来说幸运的是,我们的比赛被棒球和足球新闻淹没了。
Lucky for us, our game got drowned out by baseball and soccer news.
比赛也许是的 但是新闻发布会一直被重播 埃迪真的疯了
The game maybe, but the press conference keeps getting replayed. Eddie’s crazy.
只有我一个人收到他凌晨两点发的消息吗
Am I the only person he sends texts to at 2 a.m.?
凌晨2点28分
2:28 a.m.
我们都收到了 别抱怨了
We all get those. Stop complaining.
而且 总得有人说出来
Besides, somebody had to say it.
我们表现得令人无法接受
Our performance wasn’t acceptable.
什么不可接受
What’s not acceptable?
我们想和你谈一下世界杯
We want to talk about the World Cup.
我也是
Well, me too.
关于新的助理教练有任何消息吗
What’s the update on the new coaches?
你之前说马克·达·马索很疯狂
Marc Dal Maso: 前法国橄榄球联盟球员 现为教练
Well, you said Marc Dal Maso is crazy.
但你还是想要他吗
But do you still want him?
他很疯狂 但他可以取得成绩
He is crazy, but he gets results.
世界上有30个国家
There are 30 countries in the world
比我们竞争更激烈
with a bit of scrum than ours.
我们在那里就像傻子一样
We look like idiots out there.
埃迪 都有一个过程的
Eddie, there’s a process.
我知道有个过程 伙计
I know the process, mate.
每四年 日本都会输掉世界杯
Every four years, Japan loses every World Cup game.
就想象一次吧
Just for once, imagine what it would
如果我们赢了世界排名前三的队伍会怎么样
be like to win against a top three ranked team in the world.
你们能想象吗
Can you at least imagine that?
我们谈谈斐济比赛之后的事吧
Let’s talk about things after the Fiji game.
迈克尔·利奇从伤病复出了
Michael Leitch is back from injury.
埃迪 我们的球员已经尽了最大努力了
Eddie, our players are doing their best.
他们的努力还远远不够
Well, their best isn’t good enough.
世界冠军走的是捷径
The world champions are taking the easy way.
但更糟糕的是 他们觉得自己会输
But worse than that, they expect to lose.
这才是不可接受的
And that’s what’s not acceptable.
埃迪 你不能就这样离开
Eddie, you can’t walk out.
闭嘴
Bullshit.
结果不会改变的 因为这儿什么都没变
Results don’t change because nothing around here changes.
如果我留下来 我也为那些不改变出了力
If I stay, I contribute to that.
你们必须停止处理失败
You lot have got to stop managing failure
改变你们的想法
and change your thinking.
我们有很好的球员
We’ve got good players.
但是如果我们认为他们会输 他们怎么可能会变得优秀
But how can they be great if we expect to lose?
之前有人在我们面前直接走掉过吗
Has anybody ever walked out on us before?
我们很体谅他 是吧
We’re considerate, aren’t we?
非常体谅
Very.
我们在试图帮助他
We’re trying to help him.
我们很快就会知道在世界杯要和谁比赛了
Soon, we’ll know who were playing in the World Cup.
不管是谁
It doesn’t matter who it is.
我们都会赢
We going to win.
从今天开始 JR 你相信我们会赢吗
It starts today, JR. Do you believe we can win?
你得更会撒谎才行 伙计
You’ll have to lie much better than that, mate.
我正在努力
So work on it.
把那些教练给我请来
Just get me those coaches.
这次斐济比赛之后我一定要见到他们 可以吗
I want them all here after the Fiji game, OK?
别失败 JR
Don’t fail, JR.
你可能会好奇为什么他们都叫我JR
You might be wondering why they call me JR.
为什么所有人都叫我JR
JR本人 JR: Japan Railways(日本铁路)的首字母
Why everybody call me JR, which is I’ve been
因为虽然我是日本人
lost Japan Railways in Tokyo, maybe more than 100 times,
我已经在东京日本铁路线里迷路无数次了
even though I’m Japanese.
真的很丢脸
It’s really a shame.
我们和房♥产经纪约的是中午
Our appointment with the estate agent is at noon.
我们12点在咖啡厅见面吧 – 埃迪
对不起
Sorry.
可以下周吗
Can we do it next week?
真的对不起 啦
I’m really sorry.
谢谢你能来 伙计
Thanks for coming, mate.
没事儿 伙计
All good, mate, all good.
点一杯你想喝的吧
Grab yourself a drink.
我喝咖啡
I’ll have a coffee.
我想和你谈谈现任队长的事
I want to talk about the present captain.
太老了 太慢了
Too old, too slow.
如果你想 队长就是你的
It’s your job if you want it, mate.
去拿喝的
Grab those drinks.
迈克尔·利奇本人
The real Eddie wouldn’t do that.
真正的埃迪不会那样的
他会怎么做
What would he do?
迈克尔·利奇本人
吓死你
Blow your head off.
埃迪·琼斯本人
谢谢你能来 伙计
Thanks for coming, mate.
没事儿 伙计

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!