他现在下课了 – 这么大的声音
That’s the end of his lecture. – Thunderous ovation.
他认为训练越接近实战越好
He believes in keeping our training as close to real life as possible.
华登少校 – 嗯?
Major Warden, sir? – Yes?
很高兴见到你
Good of you to come.
他们待你还好吧? – 确实是的
They took care of you? – They certainly have.
谢谢你 跟我来
Thank you, staff. Well, come along, then.
格林上校要见你
Col. Green is looking forward to meeting you.
这个地方还不错吧?
Fascinating place, isn’t it?
我不知道这里还是一所军事学校
Didn’t know it was a commando school.
我们尽量不用这种称呼
We’re trying to discourage the use of that word.
那样会制♥造♥紧张空气
Such a melodramatic air.
你在这里干什么?
What do you do here?
爆破 摧毁一类的事情
Sabotage, demolition, that line of country.
我们使用 PE 塑胶炸♥药♥ 很不错的东西
We’re using P.E., plastic explosives. It’s wonderful.
刚才那个爆♥炸♥的炸♥药♥只有这个一半大
That pop was made with a lump half this size.
只要硝化甘油炸♥药♥的一半 而威力却有两倍
It’s twice as powerful as gelignite at half the weight.
没引爆的情况下是很安全的
It’s quite harmless until it’s detonated.
谢谢你的介绍
Thanks for telling me.
它完全防水 而且可塑性很好
It’s completely waterproof and actually plastic.
看到吗?你可以用它来做你想用它做的事情
See? You can do what you like with it.
这是我的办公室
This is my place.
这里
Go ahead.
喔 渴死了 我要来杯茶
Oh, I’m dying for a cup of tea.
你也来一杯? – 不 谢谢
Would you care for one? – No, thanks.
来杯酒? – 不 谢谢
A drink? – No, thank you.
给我来壶茶 彼得 – 是的 长官
Pot of tea for one, please, Peter. – Very good, sir.
这个你也看得懂?
Do you read this?
战前 我在剑桥教东方语言
I taught Oriental languages at Cambridge before the war.
我还没有祝贺你的成功逃亡呢 干得好!
I never congratulated you on your escape. Good show!
如果你的海上救援飞机没有看到我
If your sea rescue plane hadn’t spotted me,
我也不会呆在这里
I wouldn’t be here.
是的 我想不会
No, I suppose not.
你愿意再来看看你逃出来的地方吗?
Would you like to see where you were?
好的
All right.
我们的情报很有限
Our information’s scanty.
主要来源于你的报告
It’s based on your report.
我们认为战俘营在这里
We think the camp’s here.
你们是否有尼科尔森上校的消息?
Do your people have any idea what happened to Col. Nicholson?
他很勇敢
He had guts.
要枪毙他时 他也不眨一下眼睛
They were about to shoot him and he didn’t bat an eye.
当你要被枪毙的时候
If you’re about to be shot
你本来就什么也不能做
there’s not much you can do.
这里是桂河
Here is the river Kwai,
这里是你求助的村子
and here’s the village where you were helped.
这里是铁路
Here is the railway.
你肯定非常熟悉这一带
You must be fairly familiar with this area.
不 大部分时间我脑袋里只是一片空白
No, I was out of my head half the time.
铁路从新加坡开始 …
The railway starts down here in Singapore.
经过马来西亚 曼谷 仰光
Malaya, Bangkok, Rangoon.
他们想一直贯通到印度
Their idea is to drive on through, into lndia.
我是在哪里被救起的? – 在这里附近
Where was I picked up? – Oh, about here.
日军想在五月中旬贯通曼谷和仰光
The Japanese aim to open the Bangkok-Rangoon section by the middle of May.
我们必须阻止他们
We’ll try to prevent them.
太远了 轰炸机飞不到这里
It’s too far for bombers to carry a load.
我们必须用地面部队把它摧毁
We’ll have to go smash it on the ground.
那你想怎么办? – 空降之后 徒步到那里
How? – Parachute drop, then march.
带着爆破装置穿过雨林吗?
With demolition equipment through that jungle?
我们的主要问题是 对那里一无所知
Our chief problem is lack of firsthand knowledge.
我们没有人到过哪里
You see, none of us have ever been there.
我其实不想让你失望 但是…
I don’t want to discourage…
那很有趣
It should be interesting.
格林上校把桂河大桥交给我了
Col. Green’s given me the Kwai bridge.
我要带一队人去炸掉它
I’m taking a team in to blow it up.
你真幸运
Lucky you.
你真的不想来点茶?
Sure you won’t have tea?
不 谢谢 我不想失礼
No, thanks. I don’t want to be rude,
但是我在2点钟要和一个漂亮姑娘约会
but I’ve got a date at 2.
如果还有问题的话… – 很抱歉 是的
If there are any questions…. – Of course, I’m sorry.
嗯 只有一个问题
Well, there is only one question, actually.
你觉得再去那里一趟怎么样?
How would you feel about going back?
什么?
Come again?
在某种情况下 有点儿…
Under the circumstances it’s a bit much…
…但是 你是完成这个任务的关键
…but you have a unique knowledge for our purpose.
我们很希望你能和我们一起去
We’d love to have you with us.
这就是你找我来这里的原因?
That’s why you brought me here?
来请我再去哪里一趟?
To ask me this?
嗯 坦率的说 是的
Well, frankly, yes.
我才从那里逃出来
I just got out of there.
我能从那里逃出来 简直是个奇迹
My escape was a miracle.
而你现在却让我再回去! 真荒唐!
Now you want me to go back! Ridiculous!
我知道这很令人为难…
This is embarrassing…
我不属于你们的部队
I don’t belong to you.
我隶属于美国海军
I belong to the American Navy.
事实上 格林上校和你的部队讨论过这件事
Actually, Col. Green has taken the matter up with your people.
和我的部队? – 你的海军把你转借给我们
With my people? – Your Navy’s turned you over to us.
昨天早上 从太平洋舰队指挥部来了一个命令…
A signal arrived yesterday morning from the Pacific…
确认把你暂借给316部队
…authorizing your temporary transfer of duty to Force 31 6.
他们不能这样做! – 恐怕他们不这样认为
They can’t do this! – I’m afraid they have.
很遗憾告诉你这个消息
It was hard to break it to you.
但是他们不能这样对我
But they can’t do this to me.
海军搞错了!
I mean it. My Navy’s made a mistake!
你看 我不是海军司令官
Look. I’m not a Navy commander.
我甚至不是一名军官
I’m not even an officer.
整个事情都不是真的
The whole thing’s a fake.
我只是一个擦炮筒的普通士兵
I’m just an ordinary swab jockey, second class.
当休斯顿号♥沉没的时候
When the Houston sunk,
我和一名真正的司令官上岸
I made it ashore with a real commander.
我们碰上了日军巡逻队 他被打死了
We ran into a Japanese patrol. He was killed.
我认为只是时间问题 直到我…
I figured it was just a matter of time till l…
所以你和死人换了服装
So you changed uniforms with a dead man.
我认为在战俘营中军官会受到较好的待遇
I thought officers would get better treatment in prison camps.
但是我遇到的Saito
But with Saito,
他命令指挥官和其他人一起劳动
the officers worked along with the rest.
总是有意想不到的事情 对不对?
There’s always the unexpected, isn’t there?
我已经有点习惯当司令官了…
I kind of got used to being a commander…
…所以当我来到医院的时候…
…so when I arrived at the hospital…
…我看了一下普通战士的病房♥
…l took a look at the enlisted men’s ward
和指挥官的病房♥…
and then the officer’s ward…
…然后我对自己说
…and I said to myself,
“就继续冒充一些时间吧”
” Let’s let it ride along for a while.”
军官还真有优待
There were certain advantages.
我在海滩上就看到一个
I saw one of them on the beach.
这就是整个故事
That’s the whole story.
问题是 你不能用我
The point is, you can’t use me.
你需要的是一名指挥官…
You want an officer…
…一个并不存在的美军司令官舍尔斯
…an American Commander Shears who doesn’t exist.
当海军发现了真♥相♥ 他们会说:
When the Navy learns the truth, they’ll say:
“由于假扮指挥官 把他遣送回家”
“Ship him home for impersonating an officer.”
一旦结果是那样 我就成功了 – 你就怎样?
Once that happens, I’ve got it made. – Got it what?
成功了! 我现在想喝点酒
Made! I’d like that drink now.
我想申请病退
I’ll apply for a medical discharge.
我会说假装指挥官
I’ll say I impersonated an officer
是由于在森林中得了神经病
because I went crazy in the jungle.
甚至 有时我觉得我是海尔森海军舰队司令
I’m getting worse. Sometimes I think I’m Admiral Halsey.
很聪明的计划
It’s quite a clever plan.
不仅仅是聪明的计划 而且是简单安全的
Not only clever, it’s foolproof.
如果海军发现了我的真实身份
If my Navy finds out who I am…
那份命令就是一张废纸
…those orders won’t be worth the paper they’re written on.
这是你的照片吗?
Isn’t this your photograph?
从哪里搞到的?
Where did you get this?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!