我不会动摇的
I’m adamant.
我不会让我的军官去象一个小工一样干苦力
I will not have an officer from my battalion working as a coolie.
时间到 – 好的
Time. – All right.
谢谢关心我的人
Please thank those concerned.
医院里的每个人都献了一片肉
Everybody in the hospital contributed one piece.
雷诺兹偷了个椰子
Reynolds stole the coconut.
我们还会给你带来食物的
We’ll be able to get you food sometimes.
我们已经贿赂了一个看管你的守卫
We’ve bribed one of your guards.
再见 长官 祝好运
Goodbye, sir. And good luck.
多谢
Many thanks.
你说那个美国人被打死了?
Did you say that American was killed?
是的 长官 被枪打倒后淹死了
Yes, sir. Shot and drowned.
计划逃跑真是个愚蠢的念头
It’s insane to plan escapes.
3人被杀 结果怎么样呢?
Three men killed, and to what end?
时间到!
Time!
我们在这里一定能胜利
Here is where we must win through.
医生看着我们并摇摇头
Doc just looked at us and shook his head.
什么意思
Whatever that means.
只有一个意思 上校不会屈服
Means only one thing, the colonel won’t give in.
怎么样?
Well?
是这样的
It’s like this.
尼科尔森上校不准备向武力屈服
Colonel Nicholson won’t give in to force.
这是个原则的问题
It’s a question of principle.
作为医疗官 我抗♥议♥对他的折磨
As medical officer, I protest the way he’s being treated.
他还能活着 真是奇迹
It’s a wonder he’s still alive.
如果发生悲剧 那和谋杀是一样的
Should a tragedy occur, it would be tantamount to murder.
要怪就怪他
He is responsible.
不是我
Not l.
你病了?
You sick?
他们都疯了吗?
Are they both mad?
或者我也要发疯了?
Or am I going mad?
太阳也疯了?
Or is it the sun?
立正!
Attention!
全体立正
Battalion, attention.
英军俘虏们
English prisoners.
让我们问一个问题…
Let us ask the question…
…为什么大桥进展迟缓?
…why does the bridge not progress?
你们知道为什么 因为你们的指挥官是懒惰的!
You know why, because your officers are lazy!
他们认为自己高人一等 而不愿和你们分担
They think themselves too good to share your burden.
这是不公平的
This is not just.
所以 你们工作起来也不愉快
Therefore, you are not happy in your work.
所以 大桥也没有什么进展
Therefore, the bridge does not progress.
但是还有一个原因
But there is another cause.
我不避讳事实
I do not hide the truth.
我很惭愧…
With deep shame and regret…
…我承认也是由于我们的一个小日本狗屎
…l admit to you the failure…
…的无能
…of a member of the Japanese staff.
我是指 Miura上尉
I refer to Lieutenant Miura.
他是一个很差的工程师
He is a bad engineer.
他的指挥毫不称职
He is unworthy of command.
所以 我把他撤换了
Therefore, I have removed him from his post.
明天 我们重新开始
Tomorrow we begin again.
我会亲自指挥
I shall be in personal command.
今天 我们休息
Today we rest.
只有工作而没有娱乐会很不爽的!
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy!
为了你们明天努力工作…
As token of regard for your efforts in the future…
…我给你们每个人一份礼物
…l give presents to you all.
工作愉快
Let us be happy in our work.
解散
Company, dismissed.
全体解散
Battalion, dismissed.
嘿 看看
Hey, take a look at this.
红十字! 他把我们的…
Red Cross! He’s given us our…
嘿 他把我方的红十字包裹发给我们
Hey, he’s given us our own Red Cross parcels.
“明天重新开始”
“Tomorrow we begin again.”
嘿 哈里 看!
Hey, Harry, look!
他们要把老伙计放出来了
They’re letting the old man out.
看来 他们要再毒打他一顿
Most likely going to give him another pasting.
晚上好 上校
Good evening, colonel.
愿意过来坐一坐吗?
Do you mind sitting over here?
我晚饭还没有吃
I am having rather a late supper.
英国咸牛肉
English corned beef.
不用 谢谢
No, thank you.
产自苏格兰
Produce of Scotland.
我宁愿它是日本米酒
I prefer it to sake.
我在伦敦呆了3年
I spent three years in London, you know.
我在伦敦工艺学校学习
I studied at the London Polytechnic.
敬你!
Cheers!
抱歉
Sorry.
下次?
Later, perhaps?
也许
Perhaps.
我不是一个好的艺术家
I was not a good artist.
我爸爸不赞成我搞艺术
My father disapproved.
他觉得我应该在军队发展
He felt I belonged in the army.
所以我放弃了艺术 改学工程
So I changed from art to engineering.
我必须告诉你 Saito上校
I must tell you, Colonel Saito.
我要将你的行为写一份完整的报告
I intend to make a full report of your activities.
我不认为你理解我的处境
I do not think you quite realize my position.
我必须执行给我的命令 – 噢 当然
I must carry out my orders. – Oh, quite, quite.
我必须在5月12号♥之前完成大桥
My orders are to complete the bridge by the 1 2th day of May.
我只有12个星期多一点 – 是的
I have only 1 2 weeks more. – No doubt.
所以 我必须启用我手上的任何一个人
Therefore, I am compelled to use all available personnel.
军官不行 除非是管理工作
No officers, except for administration.
但是在这条铁路线上 所有的军官都在工作
But officers are working along the entire railway.
你清楚 我也清楚
You know it. I know it.
其他地方的军官我不管
I’m not responsible for other officers.
从我个人来讲 我很震惊
Personally, I’m appalled.
别激动
Let’s not get excited.
来枝雪茄吗?
Will you have a cigar?
不 谢谢
No. Thank you.
当我说所有的指挥官都要劳动的时候…
When I said all officers must work…
…事实上是指少尉至上校阶级之各指挥官 并没有包括你
…naturally, I never meant you, the commanding officer.
我的命令只适用于下级军官…
My orders were only intended for officers below…
任何军官都不能做苦力劳动
No officers will do manual labour.
拜托! 我是要说:
Please! I was about to say:
我通盘考虑过了
I’ve thought the matter over and have decided…
…我要让他们大部分做管理工作
…to put majors and above on administrative duties…
…只有很低级的军官去劳动
…leaving only junior officers to work.
不行 公约关于这个的规定很清楚
No. The Convention’s quite clear on that point.
你知道如果大桥不能准时建成 我会怎样?
Do you know what will happen to me if the bridge is not ready in time?
一点也不知道
I haven’t the foggiest.
我必须自杀
I’d have to kill myself.
如果你是我 你会怎样?
What would you do if you were me?
如果我是你…
I suppose if I were you…
…我想我会自杀
…l’d have to kill myself.
敬你
Cheers.
我警告你 上校…
I warn you, colonel…
…在我死之前 其他的人都得死
…if I am to die, others will die before me.
你明白了吗?
Do you understand?
科林普顿并没有这么说
Clipton did mention that.
但那样也不能解决你的问题
That won’t solve your problem.
我想我们可以达成一个解决办法
I’m sure we can arrive at a solution.
请坐
Please sit down.
请你告诉我 上校…
Now. Tell me, colonel…
你认为军人的天职是服从命令吗?
…do you agree that the first job of an officer is command?
当然 – 好的
Of course. – Good.
现在
Now.
我们来看看你的大桥
Take this bridge of yours.
真是一个巨大的工程
It’s quite an enormous undertaking.
坦率地说 我怀疑你的那个叫什么来着的上尉…
Frankly, I doubt whether your Lieutenant what’s- his- name…
三浦
Miura.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!