还有问题吗?
Any questions?
好的 你天一黑就行动
Right, you’ll start as soon as it’s dark.
他们肯定在桥上有岗哨…
They’re sure to have sentries on the bridge…
所以你必须从上游把炸♥药♥送过去
…so you’ll have to float the stuff down from upriver…
也就是说 要扎一个筏子
…which means building a raft.
Yai会带3个妇女帮助你
Yai will take three women to help you.
还有一个要和我呆在一起
One will stay here with me.
好 开始行动!
All right, get cracking!
你知道 如果不是脚踝受伤
You know, if it wasn’t for my ankle,
乔伊斯的任务就是我的了
I’d take Joyce’s assignment.
你认为他行吗?
You think he’ll be all right?
我觉得可以 要我来处理吗?
I think so. Want me to handle it?
如果可以的话 我会让你和迫击炮呆在一起
I’d let you stay up here with the mortar if I could.
对不起
I’m sorry.
结束之后 我希望你能得到病休…
When it’s over, I hope you get that medical discharge…
而且是毫不困难地得到
…and not the hard way.
谢谢
Thanks.
装弹
Load.
真漂亮
Beautiful.
是的 很漂亮
Yes, beautiful.
一流的工程
A first- rate job.
我从未想到会做得这么好
I had no idea it would turn out so well.
是啊 干得很漂亮
Yes, a beautiful creation.
我一直在想…
I’ve been thinking….
明天就是我服役28年
Tomorrow it will be 28 years to the day that I’ve been in the service.
28年的和平与战争
Twenty- eight years in peace and war.
我呆在家里的时间不超过10个月
I haven’t been at home more than ten months in all that time.
当然 这仍然是完美的人生
Still, it’s been a good life.
我热爱印度
I love lndia.
我不可能从头再来
I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
但是 有时候…
But there are times….
突然你会意识到你又回到了起点
Suddenly you realize you are nearer the end than the beginning.
而你感到彷徨…
And you wonder….
你问自己…
You ask yourself…
…人生的意义是什么…
…what the sum total of your life represents…
…这样和那样又有什么差别…
…what difference your being there at any time made to anything…
…其实并没有什么差别…
…or if it made any difference at all, really.
与其他的职业比起来
Particularly in comparison with other men’s careers.
我不知道这样想是否正确的…
I don’t know if that kind of thinking’s healthy…
但是我必须承认
…but I must admit that
我一直在思考这些问题
I’ve had some thoughts on those lines from time to time.
但 今晚…
But tonight….
今晚…
Tonight….
糟糕
Blast.
我得走了
I must be off.
他们在准备一些娱乐活动
The men are preparing some sort of entertainment.
真可爱
Lovely.
如果你是
If you were the only
世上唯一的女孩
Girl in the world
你是世上唯一男孩
And you were the only boy
其他的一切都不重要
Nothing else would matter
在今天
In the world today
我们要相爱
We could go on loving
用古老的方式
In the same old way
伊甸园只是为两个人而建
A Garden of Eden just made for two
我代表大家说几句…
I’m sure I speak for all of us…
这是一个愉快的夜晚
…when I say this has been a most enjoyable evening.
明天你们大多数都要转移到一个新的战俘营
Most of you move on tomorrow to a new camp
开始新的工作
and new construction.
很遗憾 你们看不到大桥的首次使用
It’s a pity you won’t see the first practical use of this bridge.
你们会很高兴的知道这座大桥
You’ll be glad to know that the completion…
所连接的铁路
…of this link in the railway…
可以让我们用火车来
…will enable us to transport the sick and disabled…
把伤病员运输到新的营地
…to the new camp by train.
Saito上校善意的允许
Colonel Saito has kindly permitted me to stay behind…
我和柯林普顿上校留在最后
…with Major Clipton and the sick men…
几天后 我们就会会合
…and we’ll rejoin you in a few days’ time.
现在你们这里的工作已经结束了
Now that your work here is finished…
我想你们有很多人会松弛下来
…l suppose many of you feel somewhat let down.
这完全可以理解
That’s quite understandable.
这是很自然的反应
It’s a very natural reaction.
但是某年某月某周某天
But one day, in a week, a month, a year…
在那一天 上帝保佑
…on that day when, God willing,
我们全部回到自己的家乡
we all return to our homes again…
你会对自己在这里的工作感到自豪
…you’re going to feel very proud of what you’ve achieved here…
尽管在如此巨大的逆境中
…in the face of great adversity.
你们所做的
What you have done should be…
我想会是
…and I think will be…
我们国民 战士和市民的榜样
…an example to all our countrymen, soldier and civilian alike.
你们光荣地生存下来
You have survived with honour.
另外
That, and more.
在这个蛮荒之地
Here in the wilderness…
你们转败为胜
…you have turned defeat into victory.
我祝贺你们
I congratulate you.
干得不错
Well done.
为了国王
To the king.
你现在就位了
You’re in business.
还差什么吗?
Now, you got everything?
树干 弹♥药♥ 背包 水壶 匕♥首♥
Stem, ammunition, pack, canteen, knife.
我会直接穿过河流
I’ll be directly across the river.
教授说 总要以防万一
The professor says there’s always one more thing to do.
但我想不起来要防什么
I can’t think of what it could be.
除了祝你长命百岁
Except to wish you a long and happy life.
谢谢
Thank you.
发生了什么事情?
What’s happened?
水位降低了
The river’s gone down.
可以看到电线了
You can see the wire.
炸♥药♥包!
The charges!
别等火车了
Don’t wait for the train.
现在引爆!
Do it now!
如果Saito是对的
If Saito is correct,
火车在5到10分钟后就会过来
the train will arrive in 5 or 1 0 minutes.
如果你不介意 我想从山顶上看
If you don’t mind, I’ll watch from up on the hill.
为什么? 从桥上最好
Why? It’s better from the bridge.
很难解释 先生
It’s hard to explain, sir.
我不想成为这典礼的一部分
I’d rather not be a part of it.
随你
As you please.
说真的 有时我真不了解你
Honestly, sometimes I don’t understand you at all.
如你所说
As you once said, sir,
长官 我还要好好学习战争
I’ve got a lot to learn about the army.
早上好
Good morning.
夜里水位降低了
River’s gone down in the night.
他在干什么?
What’s he doing?
上校 有古怪
Colonel, there’s something rather odd going on.
我认为在火车到来之前
I think we better have a look around
我们应该检查一下
before that train comes across.
他简直疯了
He’s gone mad.
他把他带到那里去了!
He’s leading him right to it!
可是我们自己人!
Our own man!
我是对的 有古怪
I was right. There is something going on.
干掉他 孩子!
You’ve got to do it, boy! You’ve got to do it now!
你有刀子吗?
Have you a knife?
我认为大桥被下了炸♥药♥了!
I just realized the bridge has been mined!
炸♥药♥!
Mined!
炸♥药♥!
Mined!
好小子!
Good boy!
英军指挥官! 我来炸掉大桥
British officer! Here to blow up the bridge.
炸掉大桥!
Blow up the bridge!
对 长官 英军指挥部的命令
Yes, sir. British commando orders.
炸掉大桥?! – 是的 没有时间了!
Blow up the bridge?! – Yes. There’s no time!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!