片名:桂河大桥
快点干完活!
Finish work!
到棚屋去
Go to hut.
是啊 要不让新来的俘虏
Yeah, that figures.
看到我们在挖坟墓
If the new prisoners see us digging graves,
他们会要逃跑的
they may run.
没时间说笑了 快点干!
No time for jokes. Finish work!
挖 挖
Dig, dig.
把我们算作病号♥ 怎么样?
How about putting us on sick list?
发发慈悲吧 上尉
Have a heart, captain.
把我们放到医院里吧
Put us in hospital.
你现在没有病 你从来没有病
You no sick. You never sick.
你为什么一直要装病 舍尔斯?
Why you always play sick, Shears?
我猜 我不想把这玩意儿放在我头顶上
Don’t want one of these over my head, I guess.
金松上尉…
Captain Kanematsu…
…烟屁♥股♥怎么样?
…how about a butt?
我今早才给你的 给你们俩
I give you butt this morning. Both of you.
是的 我不是那意思 我想回报一下
That’s what I mean. I want to return the favour.
当一个好心人给我礼物…
When a man gives a gift from the goodness of his heart…
…就像你给我那烟屁♥股♥ 我会牢记在心的
…like you gave me that butt, I remember it from the heart.
这就是为什么…
That’s why…
…我想给你这打火机
…l want you to keep this lighter.
以为是我偷的?
Think I stole it?
这是我们刚刚埋的那个英国小伙子的
It belonged to that English kid we just buried.
是他感激我而送给我的
He gave it to me for a favour I’d done him.
在我死前 我想把它送给你
Before I pass on, I want to do the same for you.
你这个人真有趣 舍尔斯
You funny man, Shears.
你现在是病号♥了 他也是
You go on sick list. Him too.
总有一天 Saito 上校会发现你在贿赂他…
One of these days Colonel Saito will catch you bribing him…
…那时我们会怎么样?
…then where’ll we be?
在那之前 我们早就离开这里了 伙计
Before that happens we’ll be far away from here, chum.
逃得远远的
Far away.
好吧 我们收工吧
Okay, let’s knock off.
这里躺着…
Here lies….
我忘掉了我们刚才埋的是谁
I forgot who we just buried.
汤姆森
Thomson.
啊 对
Ah, yes.
这里躺着赫伯特 汤姆森下士…
Here lies Corporal Herbert Thomson…
…编号♥是:01234567
…serial number zero- one-two- three-four-five-six-seven.
国王或女王 或着什么的勇敢的战士…
Valiant member of the King’s Own or the Queen’s Own or something…
…在我主纪♥元♥1943 死于脚气病…
…who died of beri- beri in the year of our Lord, 1 943…
…为了光荣伟大的…
…for the greater glory of….
他是为了什么死的? – 算了
What did he die for? – Come off it.
不要嘲笑死人
No need to mock the grave.
我没有嘲笑死人
I don’t mock the grave or the man.
希望他能在和平中安息
May he rest in peace.
虽然在他活着的时候没有找到和平
He found little of it while he was alive.
A 队 原地踏步走!
“A” Company, mark time!
原地踏步走!
Mark time!
立定
Halt.
排成一行 向左转
Into line, left turn.
稍息
Stand easy.
我们又要挖很多墓 维佛
We’re going to be busy gravediggers, Weaver.
干的好 干的好
Well done, well done.
那个上校还不知道他将会遭遇到什么
That colonel doesn’t know what he’s in for.
你准备去告诉他真♥相♥?
You going to tell him the truth?
当然不
Of course not.
你既不是军官也不是个绅士
You’re neither an officer nor a gentleman.
我叫 尼科尔森
My name is Nicholson.
我是Saito 上校
I am Colonel Saito.
我以天♥皇♥的名义…
In the name of His lmperial Majesty…
…欢迎你们
…l welcome you.
我是这个战俘营的指挥官…
I am the commanding officer of this camp…
…这里是沿着这条大铁路…
…which is Camp 1 6…
…的第16战俘营…
…along the great railroad…
…这条铁路很快就将曼谷和仰光连接起来
…which will soon connect Bangkok with Rangoon.
你们这些英军俘虏…
You British prisoners have been chosen…
…将要去修建一座跨越桂河的大桥
…to build a bridge across the River Kwai.
这将是一个愉快的工作 但需要技能
It will be pleasant work, requiring skill.
军官也要和士兵一起工作
And officers will work as well as men.
我们小日本军队不会养吃白饭的懒人
The Japanese Army cannot have idle mouths to feed.
如果你努力工作 就会得到优待
If you work hard, you will be treated well.
但是 如果你不努力工作…
But if you do not work hard…
…你将受到惩罚
…you will be punished.
关于逃跑 我要说几句
A word to you about escape.
这里没有铁丝网
There is no barbed wire.
没有围栏
No stockade.
也没有了望哨
No watchtower.
这些都不需要
They are not necessary.
我们处于热带雨林中一个孤岛
We are an island in the jungle.
逃出去是不可能的
Escape is impossible.
会死在雨林中的
You would die.
今天休息 明天开始干活
Today you rest. Tomorrow you’ll begin.
最后让我告诉你们山下将军的格言:
Let me remind you of General Yamashita’s motto:
“在工作中寻求快乐”
” Be happy in your work.”
在工作中寻求快乐
Be happy in your work.
解散
Dismissed.
全体 稍息
Battalion, stand at ease.
出队 休斯上校
Fall out, Major Hughes.
全体 稍息
Battalion, stand easy.
休斯 把他们带到岗位上去 看看谁生病了
Hughes, get the men to their quarters. See who’s sick.
我要和这家伙说句话
I’m going to have a word with this fellow.
我刚才听了你的训话 先生
I heard your remarks just now, sir.
我的部下会坚持英国士兵的一贯方式
My men will carry on in the way one expects of a British soldier.
我的军官和我会对他们的行为负责
My officers and I will be responsible for their conduct.
你可能没注意到让军官去劳动…
You may have overlooked the fact that the use of officers for labour…
…在日内瓦公约中是不允许的
…is expressly forbidden by the Geneva Convention.
是那样的吗?
Is that so?
我有一份公约的复印件…
I have a copy of the convention…
…我很乐意让你看一下
…and would be glad to let you glance through it.
不用了
That will not be necessary.
请坐
Sit down, please.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
我要和科林普顿说句话
I’m going to have a word with Clipton.
科林普顿 不要让别人打扰我
Clipton, don’t let me interrupt.
胳膊怎么样了? – 快好了
How’s the arm? – Nearly healed.
先生 这是美国海军的舍尔斯司令官
Sir, this is Commander Shears of the United States Navy.
你好 先生
How do you do, sir?
我们发现他和一个澳大利亚人
We found him and an Australian.
是修建这个营地的仅存俘虏
All that’s left of the prisoners who built the camp.
美国海军? 大老远的跑到这里?
U.S. Navy? Out here?
我们差不多被陆地包围了
I am sort of landlocked.
然后你丢弃了你的船? – 休斯顿号♥
You lost your ship? – The Houston.
我让它搁浅 但是我和其他的幸存者失散了
I made it ashore, but I got separated from the other survivors.
这儿原来和你在一起的人呢?
And your group here?
多数是澳洲人 一些…
Mostly Aussies. Some lime…
英国人还有印度人 缅♥甸♥人 暹罗人
Some British. Indians, Burmese, Siamese.
他们怎么了?
And what happened to them?
他们都死于…
They died…
…疟疾 痢疾 脚气和坏疽
…of malaria, dysentery, beri- beri, gangrene.
其他的死因是:
Other causes of death:
饥饿 劳累过度 枪伤 蛇咬…
Famine, overwork, bullet wounds, snakebites…
…还有 Saito
…Saito.
然后还有一些不想过了
Then there were some who just got tired of living.
科林普顿给你检查过了吗?
Has Clipton seen you?
正好就要看了 过来 你可以待会刮脸
Just about to. Come over here, you can shave later.
好的
All right.
你可以和军官待在一起
You’ll stay with the officers.
我们会给你找一些象样的衣服
We’ll find some decent clothing.
不要为我♥操♥心了
Don’t bother about me.
我还不想急着离开病号♥房♥