– 问安 – 问安 请给我12个橙子
– Salaam. – Salaam. Twelve oranges, please.
100阿富汗尼
100 afghani.
谢谢
Thank you.
问安 请问6个苹果要多少钱?
Salaam. How much for six apples, please?
问安 孩子 我不能卖♥♥给你
Salaam, child. I can’t serve you.
但是 先生 求你了 能卖♥♥给我6个苹果吗?
But, sir, can I please have six apples?
– 让你的爸爸来买♥♥吧 – 我爸爸被带走了
– Get your father to buy food for you. – My father has been taken.
对不起 要不你晚点再来买♥♥吧
I’m sorry. Maybe come back later.
就那样被偷了 但是你懂的…
Literally stolen. But you know…
问安 我能买♥♥1公斤米吗?
Salaam. Can I have a kilo of rice, please?
– 问安 – 嘿 说你呢
– Salaam. – Hey, you!
女孩
Girl!
嘿 站住
Hey, stop!
我让你站住你就站住
Stop when I tell you!
回去 回家去
Go! Go home!
我把包弄丢了
I dropped the bag.
– 嘘 – 我把钱给丢了
– Hush. – I lost the money.
– 头往后仰着 – 但是我还是可以去挑水的
– Keep your head back. – I can get the water though.
现在先别担心这些
Don’t worry about that now.
我给你留了一块馕饼
I saved you a piece of naan.
我给你热一下 就会又好吃又新鲜 好不好?
I’ll heat it up for you so it’s nice and fresh. All right?
– 我们该怎么办? – 我也不知道
– What are we going to do? – I don’t know.
也许明早我早点出去 在市场人多起来之前买♥♥吃的回来
Maybe if I go out early, before it’s crowded.
没用的 帕尔瓦娜
It won’t work, Parvana.
市场里的人不会冒险东西卖♥♥给你的
Market sellers won’t risk getting in trouble for serving you.
妈妈的表兄住在马扎里沙里夫
Mama-jan has cousins in Mazar-e-Sharif.
我可以写信请他们帮帮忙
I could write to them for help.
但是我们跟他们连面都没见过 你怎么知道他们会帮忙呢?
But we’ve never even met them. How do you know they will help?
我们现在就需要食物啊
We need food now.
这些是你哥哥的旧衣服
These were your brother’s clothes.
它们很大 但是穿的时候向上提一提就好
They will be big, but we can take them up a bit.
我看起来像男孩吗?
Do I look like a boy?
你看起来像苏莱曼
You look like Sulayman.
– 太像了 – 妈妈
– So much like him. – Mama-jan.
他是个好男孩
He was such a good boy.
他那会儿也不比你现在大多少
Not much older than you are now.
嘘
Shh.
没事的 妈妈
It’s all right, Mama-jan.
帕尔瓦娜要去集市买♥♥食物 还要打水
Parvana is going to the market for food and water.
只有这个办法了 妈妈 我们什么都没有了
It’s the only way, Mama-Jan. We have nothing left.
但是这些果汁是温的 我才不要温的果汁
But these juices are warm. I don’t want warm juice.
是的 我就是那么说的 但是你知道的…
Yes, that’s what I said, but you know…
问安 向您问安
Salaam. Salaam!
打扰下 问安
Excuse me. Salaam!
问安 问安 进来吧 小伙子
Salaam! Salaam! Come inside, boy!
我又不送货 是吧!
I’m not going to deliver, am I?
就是这么回事 你知道了吧?
But you know how it goes, right?
说吧 你要买♥♥什么
Well, let’s hear it.
我要买♥♥一公斤大米 半公斤小扁豆 和一小点葡萄干
I need a kilo of rice, a half kilo of lentils, and a small amount of raisins.
一小点
A small amount?
卖♥♥你多少按我的想象来?
Should I go by my imagination?
是的
Yes.
这孩子 不是很灵光啊
Not very bright, this one.
烂铁也造不出利剑啊
Poor iron won’t make a sharp sword.
看看他的傻笑
Look at him smiling!
这孩子都不知道我们在取笑他什么
Little guy doesn’t even know when he’s being made fun of.
谢谢您 非常感谢
Thank you. Thank you very, very much.
茶都洒出来了
You’re spilling the tea.
对不起 叔叔
Sorry, Uncle.
你是谁? 你为什么盯着我看?
Who are you? Why were you staring at me?
– 你叫什么名字? – 我的名字?
– What is your name? – My name?
– 我在哪见过你的 – 不是… 我不是…
– I know you from somewhere. – No… I wasn’t…
– 不是什么? – 你不可能认识我
– Wasn’t what? – You don’t know me.
– 我认识你的 – 不可能!
– I do know you. – No!
– 我真认识你 你是帕尔瓦娜 – 我不是
– I do know you! You’re Parvana! – I’m not!
我是什沃吉亚 记得吗? 学校里那个?
I am Shauzia! Remember? From school?
– 什沃吉亚? – 我之前是留长头发的 话说那会儿你也是
– Shauzia? – I had long hair then, but so did you.
– 德利瓦 – 别跟别人说
– Deliwar. – Don’t tell anyone.
给你帽子
Here’s your cap.
你需要一个男孩的名字
You need to get a boy’s name
这样下次别人再问你的时候 你就不会犹豫了
so you don’t hesitate next time somebody asks you.
我现在叫德利瓦
I am Deliwar now.
名字的意思是“勇敢”
It means “brave.”
– 你在哪呢? – 我 我得走了
– Where are you? – I-I have to run.
能见到你真好
It was good to see you.
德利瓦
Deliwar.
妈妈 请坐下吧
Mama-jan, please sit down.
– 马上要到宵禁了 如果到时候她还没有回来呢? – 她没事的 我…
– It will be curfew soon. What if she’s not back by then? – She’s fine. I’m…
谁肚子饿了?
Who’s hungry?
帕尔瓦娜
Parvana.
感谢真♥主♥安♥拉♥ 他把你给我带回来了
Praise Allah. He has returned you to me.
妈妈 你把馕饼都挤扁了
Mama-jan, you’re squashing the naan.
闻起来太香了 帕尔瓦娜
It smells delicious, Parvana.
扎西
Zaki.
是我啊 认出来了么?
It’s me. See?
我特别为你买♥♥的
I bought them especially for you.
帕尔瓦娜?
Parvana?
如果你现在就跑出去打水
If you run out and get some water,
等你回来时 他就会习惯你的新样子了
he’ll get used to you by the time you come back.
– 但是我已经累了 – 快点 帕尔瓦娜
– But I’m tired. – Hurry on, Parvana.
马上就要宵禁了
It’s almost curfew.
你看着太像他了
You look so much like him.
去把苏莱曼的衣服换下来吧
Go change Sulayman’s clothes,
要不该弄脏了
or you’ll get them dirty.
已经脏了
They are already dirty.
大象
Elephant.
什么?
What?
他想让你继续讲大象的故事
He wants you to continue your story about the elephant.
大象
Elephant.
好吧 嗯…
Well, um…
在村子里
in the village,
在兴都库什山脉脚下
under the Hindu Kush mountains,
可怜的村民们都失声痛哭
the poor villagers cried bitter tears.
没有了珍贵的种子 他们变得惊慌失措
They did not know what they would do without their precious bag of seeds.
明年春天没有了种子可以去播种
They would have nothing to sow come next spring
到了冬天也没有可以吃的食物
and nothing to eat come next winter.
但是那个男孩 他并没有哭
But the boy, he did not cry bitter tears.
他看向山峦 然后大喊…
He looked toward the mountain and he shouted…
我才不害怕你呢
I am not afraid of you,
又大又扎人的坏象王!
big, spiky, bad Elephant King!
也许有一点点害怕
Well, maybe he was a little bit afraid.
他告诉村里这些以苦泪洗面的人
He told the villagers who had been weeping bitter tears
在春天之前 他就能把种子拿回来
that he would get the bag of seed back before spring.
在春天到来之前 我就能把种子拿回来
I will get the bag of seed back before spring.
但是他们都嘲笑了他
But they laughed.
他们大笑不止 因他只是个孩子 并不是一位伟大的勇士
They laughed and laughed, because he was a child and not a great warrior.
但是男孩又一次发了誓
Yet the boy repeated his promise.
我说了 我会在春天之前把那一袋种子拿回来
I said, I will get the bag of seed back before spring.
接着他离开了村庄
And he left the village
向着象王的怒吼勇敢前进
to the sound of the Elephant King’s roars ahead of him.
吼!
Roar!
妈妈 既然现在我扮成男孩了
Mama-jan, now that I am a boy
我们就可以去监狱找爸爸了
we can go to the prison and find Baba.
不 帕尔瓦娜 我们不能这么做
No, Parvana, we can’t do that.
– 为什么不行? – 嘘 安静
– Why not? – Shh.
没你想得那么简单 帕尔瓦娜
It’s not that simple, Parvana.
但我们总得试一试啊
But we have to try.
– 我们什么也做不了 – 才不是
– There’s nothing we can do. – That’s not true.
别说了 帕尔瓦娜 别惹她伤心了
Stop it, Parvana. You’re upsetting her.
嘿 嘿 我叫你站住 你怎么还跑?
Hey! Hey! I told you to stop! Why do you keep running?