呼吸到空气是什么感觉
and what the air felt like to breathe,
雪落在舌头上是什么感觉
or how snow felt on his tongue.
同时 这些让她知道
And that reminded her
自己还活着
that she was still alive.
同志们
Gentlemen.
大家都还好吗
How is everybody?
看看这位
Look at this one.
都开始征募爷爷辈儿的了
They are starting to conscript grandfathers.
老头儿
Hey, old man.
老头儿 你那牙是真的吗
Old man, are they your own teeth?
他们一起坐在森林里
Together, they sat in the forest,
看着太阳升起
and watched the sun rise.
他回到阴影里 渐渐消失
And as he disappeared back into the shadows,
妹妹最后一次向他挥手告别
she waved goodbye for the last time.
莉赛尔啊
Oh, Liesel.
马克斯
Max?
马克斯
Max?
马克斯
Max!
马克斯
Max!
小母猪
Saumensch!
你要干什么
What are you up to?
马克斯
Max?
-莉赛尔 -马克斯
– Liesel! – Max?
-你们认识马克斯吗 -莉赛尔
– Do you know Max? – Liesel!
你们认识马克斯吗
Do you know Max?
马克斯
Max?
你们认识马克斯吗
Do you know Max?
滚开 你这个笨蛋
Get out of here, you stupid girl!
莉赛尔
Liesel!
我不会忘记你的 不会忘的
I won’t forget you. I won’t forget you.
我不会忘记你的
I won’t forget you.
马克斯 我不会忘记你的
I won’t forget you, Max.
莉赛尔
Liesel!
滚开
Go out!
莉赛尔
Liesel!
你知道么 你真是太像你♥爸♥爸了
You’re too much like your father, you know that?
那怎么了
What’s wrong with that?
没事
Nothing.
小母猪 踢球啊
Hey, Saumensch, want to play?
今天不踢了
No, not today.
那我们偷东西去吧
Then let’s steal something.
我那不是偷 是借
I don’t steal. I borrow.
那我们去把弗朗兹·德意志的自行车借来
Then let’s go borrow Franz Deutscher’s bike
离开这儿吧
and get out of here.
你没看见我在看书吗
Can’t you see I’m reading?
你还生我气呢
Are you still angry with me?
生什么气
For what?
我救你的事
Saving you.
没有的 鲁迪
No, Rudy.
你很勇敢
You’re very brave.
爸爸
Papa!
你回来了
You’re home!
怎么了 女儿
What is it, my girl?
我的女儿啊
My girl.
我的女儿
My girl.
能听你拉手风琴真好
It’s nice to hear you play.
我耳朵都不好使了
I can’t hear properly.
我去睡觉了
I’m going to bed.
你们两个别太晚
Don’t stay up too late, you two.
你妈妈告诉我你的事了
Your mama told me what you did.
我不该那样做的
I shouldn’t have.
也许你控制不了的
Maybe you had to.
我一直都在想着马克斯
I keep thinking about Max.
不知道他在哪里
Wondering where he is.
我也是
Me, too.
我不知道这些究竟有何意义
I’m not sure what it all meant.
他经历的所有
Everything he went through.
以及我们做的所有
Everything we did.
我们都是人
We were just being people.
是人都会这样做的
That’s what people do.
莉赛尔
Liesel,
你真的长大了
you are all grown up.
给莉赛尔
马克斯赠
我唯一悟出的道理就是
All I have learned is that
生活没有承诺可言
life makes no promises.
所以 我还是开始写作吧
So I had better get started.
我总是避而不谈
I have always tried to ignore it,
但我知道
but I know
这一切都是从那列火车开始的
this all started with a train,
故事里有皑皑白雪
and some snow,
还有我的弟弟…
and my brother…
车窗外面的世界飞雪漫天
Outside the car, the world was thrown inside a snow-shaker.
在一个叫做天堂街的地方
And on a place called Heaven Street,
站着一个有着风琴般美好心灵的男人
a man with an accordion heart
和一个表面很强势的女人
and a woman cloaked in thunder
在等待着他们新来的养女…
waited for their new daughter…
而他住在我们的地下室
He lived under our stairs
像一只没有翅膀的猫头鹰 安安静静
like a quiet owl with no wings,
直到太阳忘记了他的模样
until the sun forgot what his face was.
那本书随着河水漂流
The book floated down the river
像一条红色的鱼
like a red fish
一个金发的男孩在追着它跑
being chased by a yellow-haired boy.
写作
献给马克斯 他给了我一双眼睛
For Max, who gave me eyes.
晚安 陛下
Good night, Your Majesty.
我一直很喜欢他们描绘的我
I’ve always quite liked the image of me
身穿斗篷 拿着镰刀
with a sickle and cape.
黑暗而强大
Dark and formidable.
很遗憾 我其实再普通不过了
Unfortunately, I’m far more ordinary and commonplace.
没人会想毁掉一条以天堂命名的街道
No one intended to destroy a street named after Heaven.
但是我看错了地图上的方位
It was a misread on a map.
那个晚上 没有防空警报
No sirens that evening.
我先是带走了鲁迪的弟弟们
First were Rudy’s brothers.
我看到了他们单纯的梦境
I read their simple dreams.
然后 我又吻了他的母亲
Then, I kissed his mother.
我还偷走了弗朗兹·德意志心底的卑鄙
And stole the meanness from Franz Deutscher’s heart.
我带走罗莎时 她还打着鼾
Rosa, I caught mid-snore.
我发誓我还听见她骂我猪猡
I could swear I heard her call me a bastard.
然后我感受到了她的遗憾
Then I felt her regrets
她遗憾没有把她的慈爱之心表现出来
for not sharing more of her very big heart.
汉斯的灵魂比一个孩子的还要轻盈
As for Hans, his soul was lighter than a child ‘s.
他还想寻找风琴曲终的音符
I felt his itch for one last tune on his accordion,
我听到了他最后的牵挂
and heard his final thought,
莉赛尔
“Liesel. ”
过来
Over here!
把它移开
Just over.
把手给我
Your hand.
妈妈 爸爸
Mama? Papa?
爸爸
Papa?
爸爸
Papa.
鲁迪
Rudy?
小母猪
Saumensch.
莉赛尔
Liesel.
我有话对你说…
I need to tell you…
别说话了
Don’t speak.
我必须得说
I need to say it.
我爱…
I L…
鲁迪
Rudy?
鲁迪 不要啊
Rudy! No.
鲁迪 醒一醒
Rudy, wake up.
鲁迪 不要这样