运动天赋很感兴趣
in this young man’s athletic abilities.
但他根本没法参加比赛
Now, he wouldn’t be able to play sports
除非他成绩好转
until he got his grades up anyway.
谁说什么比赛了
Forget sports!
看看这墙上写着
Look at the wall.
基♥督♥教
Christian.
如果只是摆着看 干脆涂掉好了
We either take that seriously or we paint over it.
录取迈克尔·奥赫 不是为了比赛
You don’t admit Michael Oher because of sports,
而因为这是一件正确的事
You admit him because it’s the right thing to do.
温盖特基♥督♥教学校
人类能力有限 上帝无所不能
同学们 这是新同学迈克尔·奥赫
Class, this is Michael Oher and he’s new here
大家以后要好好相处
So I expect you all to make him feel welcome.
迈克 随便找个空位坐下
Mike, just take any empty seat.
这是对于你们去年
This is a quiz based on the information you learned last year
科学课程的小考
In your science curriculum.
别担心 这不算成绩
Don’t worry. It’s not gonna be graded.
只是看看今年需要复习多少
I just want to see how much information we need to hit again.
知之为知之 不知为不知
Just answer whatever you know.
好的
Thank you.
-我能走了吗 -可以
– Can I leave now? – Yeah.
书别忘了
Take your book.
为什么他一直待在我们家
Why should he always stay in our home?
-他快把我们吃穷了 -别瞎说
– He’s gonna eat all our food. – This is not true.
我只是想帮助他
I try to be Christian abot the son, alright?
让别人去做圣人吧
Let somebody else be Christian about this kid.
难道你要我把他当狗一样赶出去
You want me to throw him out on the street like some dog?
让别人处理他的问题去吧
Let somebody else take over the responsibility!
难道我们就这样赶他出去
Should I throw him out on the street?
他天天在这里 我只想和你在一起
He’s here all the time. I just want to be with you!
好吧 好吧
Alright. Alright.
听你的 我来处理
You win. I’ll take care of it.
我不管帕特里克·拉姆西是否认可这椅子
I don’t care if Patrick Ramsey approved the chair.
他是NFL四分卫
He’s the NFL quarterback
不是玛莎·斯图尔特 [美国女性财富人物]
not Martha frickin’ Stewart.
因为邦尼·威廉的设计
Because there’s a difference between
和随便一把沙发是不一样的
Bunny Williams and a la-z-boy.
不 《MTV名人堂》去他家
No. See, when MTV cribs comes to his house
他就会炫耀他的家庭影院
He’s gonna be showing off his home theatre
我看到的就是一棕色巴尔卡躺椅
All I’m gonna see is a brown barca-lounger.
不 不 你听着 我是设计师 这关乎我的名声
No. No, listen to me. I’m the designer, my name’s on it.
送我要的货 好吗 谢谢
Deliver what I ordered! alright? Thank you.
-我错过了什么 -柯林斯刚刚扑救
– What’d I miss? – Collins has just got a dig.
妈 就是女子排球 没啥好看
It’s a girl’s volleyball, mom. You didn’t miss anything.
-加油 柯林斯 快速移♥动♥ -干得好 柯林斯
– Come on Collins! move your feet! come on! – Good job, Collins!
上
Go!
柯林斯 我们在外面等你
Collins, we’re gonna wait for you outside.
别洗太久 你还有作业的
But don’t double condition in the shower, you have homework!
我要去佳能家写作业
I’m going over to Cannon’s to study.
SJ 别又跑去女更衣室里
SJ! SJ, do not go to the girl’s locker room again.
过来 SJ 过来
Come here! SJ, come here!
那个大家伙来一个月了
Well, the big kid’s been here for a month
他还是没有进入状况
He’s still not cutting in my class.
为什么录取他
Why does admissions do this?
对我们对他 都不公平
I mean, it’s not fair to us or the boy.
这就是让他失败
Just setting him up to fail.
我认为他根本听不懂我的课
I don’t think, he has any idea what I’m teaching.
就算懂也没人知道 他都不说话
And how would you know if he did? He won’t even talk.
-他会写 -只会写自己的名字
– He writes. – His name. Barely.
他把这个扔进了垃圾桶里
He thew this in the trash can.
我张望却看到四周都是白色
I look, and I see white everywhere
白墙 白地 和很多白人
White walls, white floors, and a lot of white people.
老师们不知道我听不懂
The teachers do not know I have no idea
他们到底在说些什么
of anything they are talking about.
我不想听别人的话 尤其是老师
I do not want to listen to anyone, especially the teachers.
他们给我布置作业
They are giving homework and
还要我自己做习题
Expecting me to do problems on my own.
我从来没有写过作业
I have never done homework in my life.
我去洗手间 看着镜子说
I go to the bathroom, look in the mirror and say,
这个不是迈克尔·奥赫
“This is not Michael Oher.”
标题写着 白墙
He entitled it “White walls.”
拼写都对吗
How’s the spelling?
你们好
Hi.
你要微笑
Smile at ’em.
让他们知道你是他们的朋友
And that let them know you’re their friend.
你是大个子迈克 对吧
You’re big Mike, right?
我叫肖恩 不过大家都叫我SJ
I’m Sean. But everyone calls me SJ.
是小肖恩的意思
It’s for Sean Junior,
因为我老爸也叫肖恩 肖恩·陶西
My father’s name is Sean. Sean Tuohy.
他曾是密西西比篮球队的得分后卫
He was a basketball star at Ole Miss, point guard,
现在他拥有上万家塔克钟[墨西哥肉卷快餐店]
Now he owns like a million Taco Bells.
再见
Maina’.
-SJ 那是谁 -大个子迈克
– Who’s that SJ? – Big Mike.
把脚放下来
Get you feet off my dash.
谢谢 系安全带
Thank you. Put on your seatbelt!
大个子迈克
Big Mike?
迈克 警♥察♥局打了电♥话♥给我
Mike, I got a call from someone at the police departement.
你记得报纸上一则新闻吗
Do you remember the story in the papers while back about…
一个人从天桥跌下来
A man who fell off an overpass?
没人知道他是谁 他是自杀还是
No one knew who he was and or he jumped, or…
反正 他过世了
Umm… anyway he… he passed away.
迈克 他是你父亲
Mike, the man was your father.
警♥察♥要通知亲属
They’ve been looking for somebody to notify and they…
他们在学校名册里找到你的名字
They found your name on our registry.
真的很抱歉 孩子
I’m really sorry, son.
你跟他很亲吗
You were close to him?
上次见他是什么时候
When’s the last time you saw him?
我不知道
Iono.
-他懂的 -谁懂 他又懂什么
– He knows it! – Who knows it and what is he know?
上课内容啊 我刚刚口试考迈克尔·奥赫
The material. Michael Oher. I gave him this test verbally.
-这合规定吗 -成绩 C
– That even allowed? – A C?
-多低的评分标准 -他一直都在听课
– On how big a curve? – He’s been listening all along.
相信我 他学会很多
It’s amazing what he’s absorbed. Trust me.
他也听你的课
He’s listening to you, too.
虽然他的阅读水平较差
Now, his reading level is low
也不知道怎么学习
And he’s got no idea how to learn in the classroom.
我不是说他一定能及格 但他不是笨蛋
I’m not saying he’s going to pass but Big Mike is not stupid.
什么事 妈妈
What, mom?
-演得不错 -是吗
– Good job. – Yes?
来 有个问题问你
Good job. Hey, I got a question for you.
你说
Go.
在你后两排 有个小女孩
There was a little girl about two rows back.
她叫什么名字
What was her name?
-她叫金赛 -金赛 是吗
– oh, that was Kinsey. – Kinsey. Yeah.
说到她看你挺开心的嘛
I saw your little indian feathers get all ruffle up.
是啊 她很漂亮
Yeah. She’s nice.
SJ 别净想这个 但我觉得你演得
SJ, don’t let this go to your head but I’ve thought you were
非常到位
very convincing in the role of…
-印第安人3号♥ -是的
– Indian number three. – Yes.
我本想演酋长的 但他们让安迪·宋演了
I tried out for the chief but they gave it to Andy Sung.
我不确定 但我觉得
I can’t be sure, but I think there was
某些多元文化的观念在作祟
some multi-cultural bias thing working.
或者他们只是认为他演的酋长更好
Or maybe they just thought he’d make a better chief.
爸爸 他是中国人
Dad, he’s like Chinese.
是啊 你还是爱尔兰人呢
Yeah. You’re Irish.
如果你不是酋长 你怎么还戴那种头饰呢
And if you weren’t the chief, how did you get that headdress?
爸爸 我还想要些油炸玉米饼的免费券
Dad, I’m gonna need a few more of those free Quesadilla tickets.
有其父 必有其子
And where does the acorn fall?
别笑了 墨西哥酥饼给我们解决了大问题
Hey, don’t laugh too hard. The quesadilla saved our ass.
不要用那个词
Don’t use the a-word.
他穿的什么
What is he wearing?