胳膊 腿 手 从医院和医学院拿来的
Arms and legs and hands – form hospitals and medical schools.
你知道他们把这些东西放哪吗
And you know where they store them?
就在球场的下面
Right underneath the football field.
所以 当成千上万的粉丝为你欢呼时
So, while it’s fine and dandy,
你可以出尽风头 尽情爽
there’re 100,000 fans cheering for you,
但你要担心草坪下面的那些尸体
The bodies, you should be worried about are right underneath the turf
从地底下伸出手来抓你
Set to poke up through the ground and grab you.
但毕竟在哪儿打球由你自己决定
But it’s your decision where you wanna play ball.
别让我影响你的决定
Don’t let me influence you.
其他所有老师都支持他
All the other teachers are on board,
我不知道你有什么问题
I don’t know, what your problem is.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
我总是给学生们应得的成绩
I will not give a student a grade he, or she, doesn’t deserve.
但是迈克尔只是要个B
Well, Michael needs a b.
他要做什么才能拿到 应有的B
What is he have to do to “deserve” that?
现在迈克尔的水平是C- D+
Right now is Michael doing c minus, d plus work.
他提高成绩的最好办法就是
His best chance at improving is with the written essay
年底前写篇论文
At the end of the year.
这占他总成绩的三分之一
It counts a third of his grade.
就这样 我们完蛋了
Well that’s it. We’re sunk.
你为什么不去写 [远大前程]
Why don’t you write about “Great Expectations”?
你和匹普很像
You’re a lot like Pip.
我是说他也很穷 是个孤儿
I mean he was poor, he was an orphan
也遇见了好人
and someone kind of found him.
你写这个会比较合适
You should be able to relate to that.
那好 让我们看下参考书目
Fine, let’s go through the reading list.
但你得选一个 迈克尔
But you’re gonna have to pick one, Michael.
[皮格马利翁]
“Pygmalion”…
[双城记] [轻骑兵的冲锋]
“A tale of two cities”….. “The charge of the light brigade”…
半数盟军 半数盟军 半数盟军前进
“half a league, half a league, half a league onward”
我喜欢这句
I love that one.
他喜欢那句
He loves it.
那你来 我看篮球
Why don’t you do this and I’ll watch basketball?
好吧
Okay.
全在死亡之谷 六百骠骑向前
“all in the valley of death rode the six hundred.”
LSU的体育场因这个故事而命名为死亡之谷
They named LSU’s stadium death valley because of this story.
艾尔弗雷德·坦尼森勋爵曾写过
Alfred, lord tennyson has writing about
密西西比大学的LSU
LSU in Ole Miss.
-开什么玩笑 -没啊 故事不错
– You’re kidding? – No. It’s a great story.
这只是首诗
It’s a poem.
前进 轻骑兵
“forward the light brigade!”
这好像是进攻
It’s like the offense.
向炮火冲锋 他说
“charge for the guns he said.”
这就像球门区
That’s the end zone.
进入死亡之谷 六百骠骑向前
“into the valley of death rode the six hundred.”
前进 轻骑兵
“forward the light brigade!
难道有人灰心
Was there a man dismay’d?
没有 虽然战士知道 有人疏忽犯错
Not tho’ the soldier knew someone had blundered.”
有人出错了吗
Someone made a mistake?
是的 是他们的指挥官 他们的教练
Yeah, their leader, their coach.
他们知道长官犯错 怎么还往前冲呢
But why would they go ahead if they knew he messed up?
他们没有回答 他们不问原因
“theirs not to make reply, theirs not to reason why,
只是慷慨赴死
theirs not to reason to die,
进入死亡之谷 六百骠骑向前
Into the valley of death rode the six hundred.”
他们都会死 对吧
They’re all gonna die, aren’t they?
是的
Yeah.
那真是太悲哀了
That’s really, really sad.
我想你刚找到要写的东西了 迈克尔
I think you just found something to write about, Michael.
理解勇气是很件难事
Courage is a hard thing to figure.
你可以因为笨主意或错误产生勇气
You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake,
但你不应该去质疑长辈
But you’re not supposed to question adults,
不该质疑你的教练 或者你的老师
Or your coach or your teacher
因为他们定下了规矩
Because they make the rules.
他们也许是最懂的人
Maybe they know best
但也许不是
But maybe they don’t.
这都取决于你是谁 你从哪来
It all depends on who you are, where you come from.
难道不会有最少1/600的人
Didn’t at least one of the six hundred guys
考虑过放弃
think about giving up.
而转投另外一边吗
And joining with the other side?
我是说 死亡之谷是个悲剧
I mean, valley of death that’s pretty salty stuff.
所以勇气是很微妙的
That’s why courage it’s tricky.
你应该总是对别人言听计从吗
Should you always do what others tell you to do?
有时你可能甚至不知道你为什么这么做
Sometimes you might not even know why you’re doing something.
任何蠢人都可能有勇气
I mean any fool can have courage.
但荣耀 才是你有所为
But honor, that’s the real reason you
有所不为的真正动因
either do something or you don’t.
那才是真正的你 才是你想成为的你
It’s who you are and maybe who you want to be.
若为重要的事情努力而失去生命
If you die trying for something important
那么你就拥有荣耀和勇气
Then you have both honor and courage
这非常好
And that’s pretty good.
我认为这就是作者想要表达的
I think that’s what the writer was saying.
那就是你应该希望拥有勇气 努力得到荣耀
That you should hope for courage and try for honor.
也许甚至恳求别人
And maybe even pray that the people
教你怎么做来取得这些
telling you what to do have some, too.
凯文·林恩
Kevin Lynn.
-做得好 -借过
– Good job. – Excuse me.
马修·尼柯尔斯
Matthew Nicols.
2.52
2.52.
迈克尔最后的平均分
Michael’s final GPA.
从保罗的电脑上看来的
Got it off Paul’s computer.
杰米·诺斯
Jamie North.
他做到了 肖恩 他做到了
He did it, Sean. He did it!
利·安妮 你黑进了校长的电脑
Baby, you’ve been broken to the principal’s computer?
迈克尔·奥赫
Michael Oher.
你从哪找的迈克尔小时候的照片
Where in the world did you find a baby picture of Michael?
从动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥上的幼儿精品广♥告♥上扫描下来的
Scanned it off an internet ad for a toddler boutique.
祝贺你 迈克
Congratulations, mike.
祝贺你 迈克尔
Michael, our greetings.
做得好 老哥
Way to go, bro!
够了 年轻人
Alright, that’s enough. Young man…
我想我要个大大的拥抱
I think I need a proper hug.
-好 你会呆在迪顿霍尔 -在哪儿呢
– Alright. You’re gonna be staying in Deaton Hall – Where is it?
109号♥ 就在这里 你会有个饮食计划
109. It’s right there. And you’re gonna be on a meal plan
所以你一直得在约翰逊公共食堂吃 就在那边
So you’re gonna be eating all the way here in Johnson Commons. Right there.
约翰逊公共食堂有吃到饱的自助冰激凌
Johnson commons has all you can eat self-serve ice cream.
要多少有多少吗
As much as you want?
你老妈就是这样在刚入学时胖10磅的
Yes, that’s how mama put on her freshman ten.
住口
Stop it!
喂
Hello?
我是陶西夫人
This is Mrs. Tuohy.
他只是想问你几个问题 迈克尔
He just want ask you a couple of questions, Michael.
你没什么需要隐瞒的
You have nothing to hide.
陶西夫人和奥赫先生吗
Ms. Tuohy? Mr. Oher?
我叫乔斯林·格兰其
My name is Jocelyn Granger
是NCAA[全国大学生体育协会]执法处的
and I’m the assistant director Of enforcement for the NCAA.
叫我利·安妮
Please, call me Leigh Anne.
那我们开始吧 好吗
So, let’s do this. Shall we?
陶西夫人 不介意的话
Ms. Tuohy, if you wouldn’t mind
我想和迈克尔单独谈谈
I’d prefer to speak with Michael alone.
-要多长时间 -就一会
– And how long is that gonna take? – Awhile.
别担心 迈克 没事的 去吧
Go, mike. Okay? Go.
迈克尔 我会在大厅里等你 好吗
Michael? Michael! I’ll be waiting for you in the lobby, alright?
我不知道 肖恩 我只是感觉很不好
I don’t know, Sean. I just have a bad feeling about this one.
这女人很棘手 等下
This woman is tough, tough… hold on.
客人有什么需求
The client wants what?
你知道柯顿教练到密西西比大学工作了吗
Were you aware that coach Cotton is accepting a job at Ole Miss?
不知道
No.
这工作是你和大学签约之后给的
And that this job offer came after you signed with them?
你的监护人肖恩·陶西 是密西西比毕业的
Sean Tuohy, your legal guardian went to Ole Miss.
他打过篮球
He played basketball.