Oh, very well, I’ll be there.
十点半明天早上, 然后我们可以去的董事会会议。
Ten thirty tomorrow morning, then we can go on to the board meeting.
好吧,是的。再见。
All right, yes. Goodbye.
把它放下。 特雷弗先生的办公室,明天10:30 …
Put that down. Mr. Trevor’s office, 10:30 tomorrow…
董事会会议 在银行家的俱乐部在11。
…the board meeting at the Banker’s Club at 11.
– 是的,先生。明天,周四。 – 你还不如回家了。
– Yes, sir. Tomorrow, Thursday. – You might as well go home now.
– 有一个很大的工作,先生。 – 不要介意。你一定很累了。
– There’s a great deal of work, sir. – Never mind. You must be tired.
哦,谢谢你,先生。
Oh, thank you, sir.
而且不要忘了,明天你讲 在哈密尔顿酒店。
And don’t forget, tomorrow you speak at the Hotel Hamilton.
– 什么时候是什么? – 这是午餐,1:00。
– What time is that? – It’s at luncheon, 1:00.
还记得吗?你作出的任命 在一个月前。
Remember? You made the appointment over a month ago.
– 晚安,主教。 – 晚安。
– Good night, bishop. – Good night.
上帝,我该怎么办?
God, what am I to do?
你能不能帮我吗?你能不能告诉我?
Can’t you help me? Can’t you tell me?
哦,上帝,请帮助我。
Oh, God, please help me.
[DOOR CLOSES]
是吗?
Yes?
– 晚上好。 – 良好的前夕 –
– Good evening. – Good eve…
我可以为你做什么?
What can I do for you?
– 这是不是问题。 – 嗯,是什么呢?
– That isn’t the question. – Well, what is it?
我可以为你做什么?
What can I do for you?
电♥话♥:我的秘书 预约。
Telephone my secretary for an appointment.
– 我在中间吃饭。 – 我知道,亨利。
– I’m in the middle of dinner. – I know, Henry.
你的汤御寒。
Your soup will keep warm.
你要求协助。
You asked for help.
我? I –
I? I…
谁告诉你我要求帮助?
Who told you I asked for help?
好吧,你是一个很好的人, 亨利,你听见了。
Well, you are known to be a good man, Henry, and you were heard.
我奉命到这里来 在回答你的祷告。
I was instructed to come here in answer to your prayer.
– 你是谁? – 我是一个天使。
– Who are you? – I’m an angel.
– 对不起? – 我是一个天使。
– I beg your pardon? – I’m an angel.
没有翅膀的那一刻,但…
No wings at the moment, but…
你是天使。
You’re an angel.
我知道这一点。我已经工作太辛苦 –
I knew it. I’ve been working too hard…
我明白了,亨利。 这是很难相信,即使是你。
I understand, Henry. It’s hard to believe, even for you.
当然,我不是一个 更重要的天使。
Of course, I’m not one of the more important angels.
我只是碰巧被分配 这个地区是暂时的。
I just happen to be assigned to this district temporarily.
你看,我们是无处不在……
You see, we’re everywhere…
…帮助人们谁值得…
…helping people who deserve to be…
为了帮助。
To be helped.
当你穿行于大街小巷, 你也许会突然走进了一个陌生的面孔。
As you’re walking through the streets, you may suddenly look into a strange face.
这可能是一个凶手的脸, 或者它可能是天使般的面孔。
It may be the face of a murderer, or it may be the face of an angel.
你有一些问题,与建筑 这个教堂,不是吗?
You have some problems with the building of this cathedral, haven’t you?
是。
Yes.
这是罚款大教堂。
It’s a fine cathedral.
应该显得富丽堂皇 那里庇护山的顶部。
Ought to look magnificent up there on the top of Sanctuary Hill.
嗯,亨利, 你相信我,我说什么我?
Well, Henry, do you believe I am what I say I am?
嘛,哪有我? 我只带了你的话。
Well, how can I? I’ve only got your word for it.
但你是一个主教。你,所有的人, 可以相信一个天使的话。
But you’re a bishop. You, of all people, can trust the word of an angel.
我想。
I’d like to.
你做什么 – ? 你打算做什么?
What do you…? What do you propose to do?
– 执行一个奇迹吗? – 如果必要的。
– Perform a miracle? – If necessary.
为什么不这样做,你呢?你为什么不创建 大教堂一浪高你的手吗?
Why don’t, you? Why don’t you create the cathedral with one wave of your hand?
你不希望我这样做。 你会如何解释呢?
You wouldn’t want me to do that. How would you explain it?
好吧,我 –
Well, I…
告诉你正在访问的世界 天使?
Tell the world you’re being visited by an angel?
你不能做到这一点。
You can’t do that.
亨利,是什么错? I –
Henry, is anything wrong? I…
哦,对不起。 我不知道,你 –
Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you…
朱莉娅,如果你不介意的。
HENRY: Julia, if you don’t mind.
你怎么做,朱莉娅?
How do you do, Julia?
我达德利。
I’m Dudley.
亨利是我从事 帮助他与他的工作。
Henry is engaging me to help him with his work.
你的意思是 你要成为他的助手?
You mean you’re going to be his assistant?
就是这样。我要尽力帮助亨利 休息,并得到一些放松。
That’s it. I’m going to try to help Henry to rest and get some relaxation.
– 这就是我一直在祈祷。 – 你呢?
– That’s what I’ve been praying for. – You too?
噢,亨利,我很放心。
Oh, Henry, I’m so relieved.
– 你发现有人来帮助你。 – 是的,但是 –
– You found someone to help you. – Yes, but…
– 你在哪里,达德利? – 哦,周围的一切。
– Where do you come from, Dudley? – Oh, all around.
– 是的,在哪儿呢? – 朱莉娅,告诉你真♥相♥……
– Yes, but where? – Julia, to tell you the truth…
他说,他是一个 –
…he says he’s an…
我一直在做一些社会服务工作 繁华。
I’ve been doing some social service work downtown.
现在,你要和亨利 永久的吗?
Now you’re gonna be with Henry permanently?
对于只要可能是必要的。
For as long as may be necessary.
如果你不介意的话, 我必须这位先生单独谈话。
If you don’t mind, I must talk to this gentleman alone.
– 我会看到你在一个时刻。 – 当然。
– I’ll see you in a moment. – Sure.
哦,我们只是吃晚饭, 你会不会加入我们吗?
Oh, we were just having dinner, won’t you join us?
这是你很亲切, 但我有事情要做镇附近。
That’s very kind of you, but I have things to do around town.
你能理解,亨利, 这么多人,这么多的失误。
You can understand, Henry, so many people making so many mistakes.
是的,我明白了。
Yes, I see.
然后我们会看到你的明天?
Then we’ll see you tomorrow?
– 哦,是的,起了床。 – 好。
– Oh, yes, bright and early. – Good.
每当你准备好了,亨利。
Whenever you’re ready, Henry.
晚安,达德利。
Good night, Dudley.
晚安,朱莉娅。
Good night, Julia.
你确定你是天使吗?
Are you sure you’re an angel?
我知道这是不容易的,亨利, 但你刚刚采取了我的信仰。
I know it isn’t easy, Henry, but you’ve just got to take me on faith.
– 是的,能持续多久?需要多长时间? – 对于刚刚足够长的时间…
– Yes, for how long? How long will it take? – For just long enough…
……直到你能说出另一个祈祷和说 你有我没有进一步的需要。
…until you can utter another prayer and say that you have no further need of me.
然后,我会消失,遗忘。
Then I’ll be gone and forgotten.
但现在朱莉娅正等着你 在餐桌上。
But now Julia is waiting for you at the dining table.
你必须去她的。
You must go to her.
是。
Yes.
但我不 –
But I don’t…
– 亨利。 – 是吗?
– Henry. – Yes?
什么其余的达德利的名字?
What’s the rest of Dudley’s name?
我不知道。
I don’t know.
你紧张吗,亲爱的?
Are you nervous, dear?
号♥
No.
为什么,主教没有 吃他的早餐。
Why, the bishop didn’t eat his breakfast.
他只花了他的西梅汁。
No. He took only his prune juice.
西梅汁吗? 有什么问题吗?他生病了吗?
Prune juice? What’s the matter? Is he sick?
哦,他看起来相当可怕。他说, 他有一个非常糟糕的,不眠的夜晚。
Oh, he looked perfectly awful. He said he had a very bad, sleepless night.
像传递早餐。
Passing up a breakfast like that.
这恰恰是不正常的。
It just ain’t normal.
没有人希望他是正常的, 他是一个主教。
Nobody expects him to be normal, he’s a bishop.
如果我能得到你的东西吗,先生?
If I could get you something, sir?
不用了,谢谢你,明德。
No, thank you, Matilda.
– 也许只是一杯茶吗? – 没什么,谢谢你。
– Maybe just a cup of tea? – Nothing, thank you.
– 早上好,小姐Cassaway。 – 早上好,主教。
– Good morning, Miss Cassaway. – Good morning, bishop.
[SPEAKS INDISTINCTLY]
没有任何东西来 的大教堂资金?
Did anything come in for the cathedral fund?
先生和夫人J.瑟斯顿病房♥, 没有贡献。
Mr. And Mrs. J. Thurston Ward, no contribution.
– 杰拉尔德威尔马斯女士,15元。 – 十五块钱?
– Mrs. Gerald Wilmarth, $15. – Fifteen dollars?
我们有她为10,000。
We had her down for 10,000.
有一个信 她解释说 –
CASSAWAY: There’s a letter from her explaining that…
我知道了。他们都写了同样的字母。
I know. The same letter they all write.
我把桌子上的个人邮件,主教。 其余的我到办公室。
I put the personal mail on the desk, bishop. The rest I’m taking to the office.
会议结束后,我会在那里。
I’ll be there after the meetings.
哦,明德, 我觉得这是有人在门口。
Oh, Matilda, I think there’s someone at the door.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
早上好,明德。 我达德利,主教的新助手。
Good morning, Matilda. I’m Dudley, the bishop’s new assistant.
早上好,亨利。 这是一个美妙的早晨。
Good morning, Henry. It’s a wonderful morning.
我有点晚了,但我停下来聊天 交通警♥察♥…
I’m a little late, but I stopped to chat with a traffic policeman…
谁是担心妻子。
…who was worried about his wife.
哦,谢谢你。谢谢你,亲爱的。
Oh, thank you. Thank you, dear.
我指挥交通 当他打电♥话♥给医院。
I directed traffic while he telephoned the hospital.
– 我看。 – 她做得很好。所以宝宝。
– I see. – She’s doing fine. So is the baby.
为什么,你必须米尔德里德Cassaway。
Why, you must be Mildred Cassaway.
– 你怎么办? – 你怎么办?
– How do you do? – How do you do?
– 我们要一起工作。 – 这是非常好的。
– We’re going to be working together. CASSAWAY: That’s very nice.
哦,谢谢你。