你叫什么名字?
What is your name?
我的名字是达德利。
My name is Dudley.
但艾伦和你告诉我。
But tell me about Allan and you.
告诉我。
Tell me.
艾伦·卡特赖特 是我曾经爱过的唯一的男人。
Allan Cartwright was the only man I ever loved.
我们从事要结婚了……
We were engaged to be married…
但我吓坏了。
…but I got frightened.
他什么都没有 我是怕贫穷。
He had nothing and I was afraid of poverty.
他走了。
He went away.
我从来没有见过他。
I never saw him again.
我从来没有爱过乔治·哈密尔顿。
I never loved George Hamilton.
他非常爱我 他是富有的。
He was very much in love with me and he was wealthy.
我花了财富,尊敬他的记忆 在空古迹。
I’ve spent a fortune honoring his memory in empty monuments.
汉密尔顿豪♥宅♥。
The Hamilton mansion.
我从来没有来过这里了一个电♥话♥。
I never took a call here before.
– 什么是我欠你的吗? – 哦,不收费。
– What do I owe you now? – Oh, no charge.
– 我有什么好做。 – 谢谢你。
– I got nothing better to do. – Thank you.
我会见到你,朱莉娅。
I’ll be seeing you, Julia.
[SNIFFLING]
有人在门口。 那一定是亨利和朱莉娅。
There’s someone at the door. That must be Henry and Julia.
哦,主教。不,我不谈 – 我看不到他了。
Oh, the bishop. No, I won’t… I can’t see him now.
– 哦,是的,你会的。 – 号♥
– Oh, yes, you will. – No.
是。
Yes.
这是正确的,艾格尼丝。
That’s right, Agnes.
刚刚走出去,迎接他们 在你平时热心肠方式。
Just go out and greet them in your usual warm-hearted manner.
主教和夫人布鲁厄姆 正在打电♥话♥,夫人。
The bishop and Mrs. Brougham are calling, madam.
是。
Yes.
你会留下来吃饭,达德利?
You’ll stay for dinner, Dudley?
哦,我恐怕不能,艾格尼丝。
Oh, I’m afraid I can’t, Agnes.
我有一个很大的工作要做。
I have a great deal of work to do.
但是,不要让亨利和朱莉娅等待。
But don’t keep Henry and Julia waiting.
朱莉娅。
Julia.
你怎么做,汉密尔顿太太?
How do you do, Mrs. Hamilton?
如何漂亮的你来见我。
How nice of you to come and see me.
和亨利。
And Henry.
圣诞快乐。圣诞快乐。
A Merry Christmas. A Merry Christmas.
你来吧。让我们进入客厅。
Come. Let’s go into the drawing room.
– 亨利。 – 哦,是的,汉密尔顿太太。
– Henry. – Oh, yes, Mrs. Hamilton.
祝你圣诞快乐。
Merry Christmas to you too.
来吧,亨利。 我们是很老的朋友。
Come now, Henry. We’re very old friends.
你叫我艾格尼丝。
You must call me Agnes.
你太朱莉娅,亲爱的。
And you too, Julia, dear.
哦,是的。是的,当然。
Oh, yes. Yes, of course.
哦。
Oh.
但他已经走了。
But he’s gone already.
是谁?
JULIA: Who?
达德利。
Dudley.
– 他在这里? – 是的。
– He was here? – Yes.
我应该知道。
I should have known it.
– 他去哪儿了? – 呵呵,可怜的人。
– Where did he go? – Oh, the poor man.
他说,他有这么多的工作要做。
He said he had so much work to do.
亨利,你必须让他 需要一些休息。
Henry, you must make him take some rest.
我一直在努力让他做到这一点。
I’ve been trying to make him do that.
哦,我不能感谢你足够 送他到我这里。
Oh, I can’t thank you enough for sending him to me.
哦,但坐下。
Oh, but do sit down.
你知道,亲爱的,会议达德利…
You know, my dear, meeting Dudley…
一直最大 我生命中的精神体验。
…has been the greatest spiritual experience of my life.
你见过他,我很高兴。
I’m glad you’ve seen him.
– 你怎么能找到他,亨利? – 它是或多或少的事故。
– How did you ever find him, Henry? – It was more or less of an accident.
– 这是一个奇迹。 – 哦,的确,它是。
– It was a miracle. – Oh, indeed, it was.
说到这种奇妙, 理解男人 –
Talking with this wonderful, understanding man has…
亨利,我已经改变了我的脑海里 约大教堂。
Henry, I’ve changed my mind about the cathedral.
我要去给我的钱 对那些需要它的人。
I’m going to give my money to those who need it.
给穷♥人♥和无家可归者…
To the poor and the homeless…
和赏识的人 这里在城市和世界各地。
…and the unappreciated people here in the city and all over the world.
我想你 直接消费的钱。
And I want you to direct the spending of the money.
现在,亨利, 你看到达德利做了什么?
Now, Henry, you see what Dudley has done?
– 是的。 – 现在你明白了。
– Yes. – Now you understand.
嗯,谢谢你,汉密尔顿太太。
Well, thank you, Mrs. Hamilton.
我将回家以后吃饭 或某事。
I’ll be home later for dinner or something.
我不知道是什么时候 –
I don’t know what time…
再见。
Goodbye.
你好,教授。
Hello, professor.
亨利。
Henry.
来吧,我亲爱的同胞。进来。
Come in, my dear fellow. Come in.
坐下,亨利。让我给你拿大衣。
Sit down, Henry. Let me take your coat.
– 不用了,谢谢。 – 哦,不,没有。在这里。
– No, thanks. – Oh, no, not there. Here.
这是唯一可靠的椅子。
This is the only reliable chair.
那么,这是一个惊喜和荣幸。
Well, this is a surprise and an honor.
我们必须有一杯雪利酒。
We must have a glass of sherry.
– 不,谢谢你,教授。 – 哦,但我坚持。
– No, thank you, professor. – Oh, but I insist.
我想告诉你的东西。
I wanna show you something.
你看这瓶吗?
You see this bottle?
你注意,它是完整的吗?
You note that it is full?
现在看。
Now watch.
这是 即使你无法解释…
This is something that even you can’t explain…
与你们的大量 教会知识。
…with all your vast ecclesiastical knowledge.
您会发现,它仍然是完整的。
You will observe that it’s still full.
现在,你怎么解释是什么?
Now, how do you account for that?
更糟糕的是,雪利酒本身。
And what’s more, the sherry itself.
它刺♥激♥,它温暖,激发…
It stimulates, it warms, it inspires…
但不管你喝多少, 它永远不会醉。
…but no matter how much you drink, it never inebriates.
我想我可以解释它。
I think I can account for it.
– 达德利一直在这里。 – 是的。
– Dudley’s been here. – Yes.
那个瓶子是不是全部。
And that bottle isn’t all.
他告诉我一些关于历史 睁开眼睛。
He told me some things about history that opened my eyes.
而在今天,我去了大学 库,我看着一些古籍…
And today, I went up to the university library, I looked into some ancient texts…
没有生活的学者 已经能够破译。
…which no living scholar has been able to decipher.
突然,我发现 我能理解他们。
Suddenly, I found that I could understand them.
请看。
And look.
这是我做了什么, 感谢达德利。
This is what I’ve done, thanks to Dudley.
我的历史,实际上,我写它。
My history, I’m actually writing it.
让我们面对现实吧,亨利。
Let’s face it, Henry.
这达德利是没有凡人 像我们的休息。
This Dudley is no mortal man like the rest of us.
是他吗?
Is he?
– 你怎么知道的? – 嗯,我也说不清。
– How did you know? – Well, I can’t tell.
– 他是谁?他是什么人? – 他说,他是一个天使。
– Who is he? What is he? – He says he’s an angel.
是天使吗?
An angel?
好笑。 没有拦住我说。
Funny. Nothing stopped me from saying it.
从天上来?
From heaven?
我不知道。
That I’m not sure about.
一个天使。
An angel.
太糟糕了。他是一个不错的家伙。
Too bad. He’s such a nice fellow.
我想我应该知道。
I suppose I should have known it.
不过不到一个天使 可能已经把我的工作。
Nothing less than an angel could’ve put me to work.
我很高兴他做了一些有益 某人。
I’m glad he’d done some good for somebody.
他带来了什么,但我的灾难。
He brought nothing but disaster for me.
这是荒谬的。
That’s absurd.
他和朱莉娅在这里 一天…
He and Julia were in here the other day…
她似乎更快乐 比她一直在几年。
…she seemed happier than she’s been in years.
其实,她挺喜欢 老愉快的自我。
In fact, quite like her old delightful self.
她是一个不同的人 当她与他同在。
She’s a different person when she’s with him.
他让她鄙视我。
He’s made her despise me.
你肯定他已经做到这一点吗?
Are you sure he has done that?
– 你认为这是我的错吗? – 我没有说,亨利。
– Do you think it’s my fault? – I didn’t say that, Henry.
这整个事情是一个谜 超出了我的理解权力。
This whole thing is a mystery beyond my powers of comprehension.
哦,我想我怪 一切。
Oh, I suppose I am to blame for everything.
我问这在多个方面。
I asked for this in more ways than one.
我想,达德利来找我 只是为了确认…
I suppose that Dudley came to me just to confirm…
我已经失去了 朱莉娅和黛比的爱。
…that I’d already lost the love of Julia and Debby.
我得坦白,使 给你,我的老朋友。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!