思及上帝是公正的 他的正义不可能永远沉睡时
我为我的国家惴惴不安
托马斯 杰斐逊 1785年
这是真实的故事
把他带这来
Bring him here.
在我们祖先那时候
In the time of our ancestors
我们族人的循环再世位置就在孩子的手中
the cycle of our people lay in the hands of the children.
在部落中孩子是造物主留下的
A child’s position in the tribe was left to the maker.
孩子的方位标志显现要早于大人
Children bearing marks were brought before the elders
这儿 它们是被赐予的标记
there, they were given titles…
这些标记将跟随他一生
…titles that would last a lifetime.
智慧
Wisdom…
勇气
Courage…
想象力
Vision.
这个孩子有着我们祖先
This boy holds the holy marks
神圣的标记
of our ancestors.
他会是个领导者
He is a leader.
他会是个先知
He is a prophet.
我们应该听从他
We should listen to him.
我们应该听从他
We should listen to him.
一个国家的诞生
我看见你了
I see you!
纳特
Nat?
纳特
Nat!
好吧 你又赢了
All right, you win again.
出来
Come on out!
萨姆?过来吃晚饭了
Sam? You come on in here for supper!
好的
Yessum.
再见 纳特
Bye, nat.
再见
Bye.
你就像蝙蝠的眼睛
You so much as bat an eye,
我要把你从这打回地狱去
I’m gonna blow you from here to hell.
你在外面做什么 伙计?
What you doin’ out here, boy?
从我的主人那装点食物
Pickin’ up some food for my master,
本杰明 特纳
Benjamin Turner.
在午夜时间?转过来
In the middle of the night? Turn around.
你的通行许可在哪?
here your pass at?
拿过来 快点
Bring it on. C’mon! Bring it!
退回去
Get back.
你觉得你比我聪明 是不是?
You think you’re smarter than me, don’t you, boy?
没有 先生
No, sir.
杰西 我们怎么叫黑鬼的
Jesse, who do we call a nigger
谁会觉得他比一个白人更精明?
who done think he can outsmart a white man?
死了的黑鬼
A dead nigger.
转过来
Turn around.
跪下
On your knees.
这是你自己找的
You done this to yourself, boy.
发生什么了? - 上♥床♥去
What happened? – Go on to bed.
我偷食物被抓了
I got caught stealing food.
我杀了看守 我得逃走了
I killed a slave catcher. I gotta go.
你照顾好你母亲和娜娜 知道吗?
You take care of your mom and Nana, you hear?
你是神的孩子
You a child of god.
你意志坚定
You got purpose. It’s in you.
上帝把它放在了这
The lord put it there,
没有任何人和事可以把它们夺走
and there ain’t nothing nobody can do to take it away.
你明白了?
You hear?
是的
Yes, sir.
现在你上♥床♥去
Now you go ahead on and go to bed.
我可能快点回来
I’ll be back for y’all as soon as I can.
回床上去 我们睡觉
Go on back to bed. Go on to bed, girl! We sleep!
布里奇特 南希 起来了
Bridget! Nancy! Y’all wake up!
艾萨克有大♥麻♥烦了
Isaac’s in a lot of trouble.
我需要你们当中的人告诉我他去哪里了
I need one of y’all to tell me where he is.
不知道去哪了 主人 我们一晚没见他
Don’t know where he is, massa. We ain’t seen him all night.
你确定
You sure?
本 我命令你离开
Ben, I’m gonna ask you to leave.
嗯? – 今晚一个白人丧命了
Huh? – A white man has lost his life tonight.
你知道这样说代表着接下去要发生什么样的事 走
You know like I do what that mean. Get!
现在 我要给他们些颜色看看
Now, any harm done to these people,
我要报告警长 我是认真的
I’m gonna call the sheriff! I’m serious!
你们没人知道他在那?
None of y’all know where he is, huh?
没有 先生
No, sir.
他妈的
Goddamnit.
你知道吗 孩子?
What about you, boy?
他也什么不知道
He don’t know nothing, either.
你父亲在那?
Where’s your daddy at?
听着 你不告诉我他在那
Now listen, you don’t tell me where he’s at,
其它人也会找到他
someone else is gonna find him,
他们会杀了他
and they gonna kill him.
你告诉我 我会安全把他带回来
You tell me, I’ll go get him.I’ll bring him back here safe.
好吗?
All right?
告诉我你父亲在哪
Tell me where daddy’s at.
说话 不要一言不发
Say it. Spit something outta that mouth! Say it!
告诉我在哪
Tell me where he’s at!
他妈的
Goddamnit.
你是那个黑鬼的孩子 好吧
You that nigger’s boy, all right.
如果让我发现你在说谎
If I find out y’all’s been lying,
我会再回来的 到时我就不客气了
I’m gonna come back here, i ain’t gonna be so nice…
主人 不要 不要 上帝啊!
Oh, massa, please! Please! Massa, please! Oh, lord!
够了 住手
All right, that’s… That’s enough! Stop!
你最好教教那个孩子礼貌
You best teach that boy some manners.
下次 他要用眼睛看着我
Next time he look me in the eye,
你父亲也会是这个结果
you gonna get the same thing what waitin’ for his pa.
可以帮你吗?
Mind if I help you?
不用了
No, ma’am.
萨缪尔告诉我早上的事情了
Samuel told me something this morning
我想要向你打听下
I wanted to ask you about.
他说纳特知道怎么读
He said, nat knows how to read.
纳特不知道怎么读
Nat don’t not know how to read.
做为我自己是不相信的
Part of me couldn’t believe it myself.
所以我测试了他
So I tested him.
十分肯定
Sure enough,
他就在哪大声朗读
there he was sounding out letters.
你明天午饭后把他带来
You have him come by the house tomorrow after lunch.
他没有恶意
He don’t mean no harm.
下次我看见他我会抽他一顿
I’ma whip him good the next time I see him.
抽他?不要
Whip him? Nonsense.
我要教育他
I’m gonna teach him.
如果万能的主给了这个孩子阅读的能力
If the good lord gave that boy a gift to read,
我们就不应该怠慢它 浪费它
we’d be remiss to let it go to waste.
你不要希望他能任何时候都能回家
And don’t expect him back anytime soon.
他会和我们在主屋一起生活一段时间
He’ll be living with us in the main house for a while.
课程最好在开始时就不要被打断
Lessons best not be disturbed in the beginning.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
没关系 孩子 不是真的
It’s okay, baby. It’s okay. It ain’t real.
不是真的 没事了 它在你的心里
It ain’t real. It’s all right. It’s in your mind.
它在你的心里
It’s in your mind.
妈妈在这
Momma’s here now.
我要父亲
Want my poppa.
我也是的 孩子
Me too, baby.
我也是
Me too.
把你的手臂穿过去
Put your arms through.
多帅气
How handsome.
他会没事的
He’ll be all right.
这些书是给白人看的
These books are for white folks.
这里有着你无法理解的全部事情
They’re full of things your kind wouldn’t understand.
但是我会让你读一本特别的书
But I do have a special one just for you.
你猜是什么?
And guess what?
是有史以来最好的一本书
It’s the best book ever written.
你是个特别的孩子
You’re a special boy, Nathaniel.
努力学习听从我的指令 知道吗?
Study hard and heed my instructions, hear?
你的人生
Your life,
将会与众不同