Wrong.
说是恋母情结 我看倒也不是那回事
With all due respect to Oedipus, I don’t think that was the case.
那是什么原因
Then what was it?
莉迪雅喜欢我 那才是最奇怪的地方
Lydia liked me. That’s the strange part.
现在我已不再是威胁 我们竟成了好朋友
Now that I’m no longer a threat, we’re very good friends.
-那她当时为何不接受你 -因为她害怕
Then why did she object to you? Because she was afraid.
害怕你夺走米契
Afraid you’d take Mitch?
害怕我对米契的付出
Afraid I’d give Mitch.
我不懂
I don’t understand.
害怕任何女人能给米契 莉迪雅唯一能给他的东西 爱
Afraid of any woman who would give Mitch the one thing Lydia can give him, love.
那就算是 一个善妒和占有欲很强的女人
That adds up to a jealous, possessive woman.
我不这么想
No, I don’t think so.
她并不害怕失去米契
You see, she’s not afraid of losing Mitch.
她只害怕被抛弃
She’s only afraid of being abandoned.
某人得告诉她 她也会因此多一个女儿
Someone ought to tell her she’d be gaining a daughter.
不 她已经有个女儿了
No. She already has a daughter.
那米契呢 他都没有表示意见
Well, what about Mitch? Didn’t he have anything to say about this?
我能理解他的立场
Well, I can understand his position.
他父亲死后 他跟莉迪雅过得很辛苦
He’d just been through a lot with Lydia after his father died.
他可不想再重来一次
He didn’t want to risk going through it all again.
我懂了
Oh, I see.
所以我们分手了 当然不是立刻
So it ended. Not right then, of course.
我们回到旧金山后 偶尔还是会见面
We went back to San Francisco, saw each other now and then,
但我们都知道这结束了
but we both knew it was over.
那你为何搬到博德加湾
Then what are you doing here in Bodega Bay?
我想留在米契身边
I wanted to be near Mitch.
我知道我们分手了 但是
Oh, it was over and done with, and I knew it, but…
我仍想留在他身边
I still wanted to be near him.
我还是很喜欢他
You see, I still like him a hell of a lot,
我不想失去这段友情
and I don’t want to lose that friendship, ever.
喂
Hello.
你好
Hello.
不 我还没睡
No, no, no, I wasn’t asleep.
对 不久之前
Yes, just a little while ago.
当然 稍等
Sure. Hold on.
米契打来的
It’s Mitch.
他要找你
For you.
喂 对 我是梅兰妮
Hello? Oh, yes, this is Melanie.
很好 谢谢
Fine, thank you.
一点都不难 我只是沿着马路开
No, no trouble at all. I simply followed the road.
没必要道歉
Well… there’s no need to apologize.
我能理解
I can understand.
你人真好 不 我没生气
That’s very kind of you. No, I’m not angry.
我没办法 我得回旧金山
Well, I couldn’t. I have to get back to San Francisco.
我不想让凯西失望 不过
No, I wouldn’t want to disappoint Cathy, but…
我知道了
I see.
好吧 我会到场
All right. Yes, I’ll be there.
晚安 米契
Good night, Mitch.
他要我明天下午 参加凯西的生日会
He wants me to go to Cathy’s party tomorrow afternoon.
我答应了
I said I would.
一定会很好玩
It should be fun.
我也会去帮忙
I’ll be there, too, to help.
这真是没必要
Oh, it seems so pointless.
我要去睡觉了 今天真是漫长
Well, I think I’ll go to sleep. It’s been a busy day.
我的行李
My luggage.
真漂亮 你在哪买♥♥的 布林梅尔的店
That’s pretty. Where’d you get that? Brinkmeyer’s? Mmm.
你认为我该参加吗
Do you think I should go?
这要由你决定
Well, that’s up to you.
不 这得由莉迪雅决定吧
No, it’s really up to Lydia, isn’t it?
别管莉迪雅了 你想去吗
Never mind Lydia. Do you want to go?
想
Yes.
-那就去吧 -谢谢你 安妮
Then go. Thank you, Annie.
会是谁啊
Wonder who that can be.
有人吗
Is someone there?
-是谁 -你看
Who is it? Look.
真可怜 可能是天色太暗迷路了
Poor thing. Probably lost his way in the dark.
但天色不暗 安妮
But it isn’t dark, Annie.
今晚是满月
There’s a full moon.
凯西 非常好
Cathy, that’s very good. Very good.
开始吧
Okay. Here we go.
做得好 别让他抓到你了
Attagirl. Come on. Don’t let him get you.
我不能再喝了 我还要开车
No, I really shouldn’t have any more. I’m driving.
事实上 我想请你留下来吃晚饭
Well, actually, I’m trying to get you to stay for dinner.
还剩下很多烤牛肉
A lot of roast beef left over.
-我不行 我得回家了 -好吧
No, I couldn’t possibly. I have to get back. All right.
-干杯 -干杯
– Cheers. – Cheers.
你到底为什么要急着走 旧金山有要紧的事吗
Seriously, why do you have to rush off? What’s so important in San Francisco?
我明天早上还得工作
Well, I have to get to work tomorrow morning, for one thing.
-你有工作 -我有很多工作
You have a job? I have several jobs.
-什么工作 -我有各式各样的工作
What do you do? I do different things on different days.
比如说
Like what?
我周一和周三 在机场的旅客服务柜台工作
Well, on Mondays and Wednesdays, I work for the Travelers’ Aid at the airport.
协助旅客
Helping travelers?
不 是去误导他们 我以为你了解我的个性
No, misdirecting them. I thought you could read my character.
周二我在柏克莱大学 修读普通语义学的课程
On Tuesdays, I take a course in General Semantics at Berkeley,
寻找新的脏话
finding new four-letter words.
-那不算工作 -你是说你不必
– That’s not a job, of course… – You mean, you don’t have to…
周四我要开会和出席午餐会
And on Thursdays, I have my meeting and lunch.
我猜是在地狱吧
In the underworld, I suppose.
恐怕要让你失望了
I shall disappoint you.
我们要帮助 一个韩国小男孩去上学
We’re sending a little Korean boy through school.
我们正在为此募款
We actually raise money for it.
罗马的事
You see, Rome…
那一整个夏天 我只顾着
That entire summer, I did nothing but…
罗马很容易让人迷失
Well, it was very easy to get lost there.
回国之后 我认为我该开始
So when I came back, I thought it was time I began…
重新寻找某些东西
Oh, I don’t know, finding something again.
所以周一到周四 我让自己保持忙碌
So, on Mondays and Thursdays, I keep myself busy.
-那周五呢 -周五 没事
What about Fridays? Fridays? They’re free.
我偶尔会在周五到鸟店逛逛
I sometimes go to bird shops on Fridays.
我很高兴你会去
I’m very glad you do.
美好天真的一天
A nice, innocent, little day.
当然
Oh, yes.
我有个泰莎姑妈 你有姑妈吗
I have an Aunt Tessa. Have you got an Aunt Tessa?
我的姑妈拘谨又古板
Mine is very prim and straight-laced.
等她从欧洲回来后 我要送她一只八哥鸟
I’m giving her a mynah bird when she comes back from Europe.
八哥鸟会说话 如果这只鸟会说几个
Mynah birds talk, you know. Can you see my Aunt Tessa’s face,
我在柏克莱学到的词 你能想像泰莎姑妈的表情吗
when this one tells us one or two of the words I’ve picked up at Berkeley?
你需要一点母亲的关爱 孩子
You need a mother’s care, my child.
-我不需要我母亲的爱 -很抱歉
Not my mother’s. Oh, I’m sorry.
你有什么好抱歉的
What have you got to be sorry about?
我的母亲 别浪费时间了
My mother? Don’t waste your time.
我11岁时 她抛弃我们 跟一个东部的饭店员工跑了
She ditched us when I was 11 and ran off with some hotel man in the east.
你知道什么是母爱
You know what a mother’s love is?
-我知道 -你是指被抛弃比较好
Yes, I do. You mean it’s better to be ditched?
不 有母亲的爱比较好 你再也没见过她了
No. I think it’s better to be loved. Don’t you ever see her?
我不知道她在哪里
I don’t know where she is.
我还是去找孩子们玩吧
Well, maybe I ought to go join the other children.
开始吧 一
All right. Here we go. One…
二
Two…
三
Three…
走吧
There you go.
你们看
Look! Look!
嘿 不准碰我
Hey! No touching allowed!
帮我把孩子们带进屋里
Help me get the children into the house.
进去吧
There you go.
米契 它们离开了吗
Have they gone, Mitch?
-离开了 -有人受伤吗
I think so. Is anyone hurt?
珍妮的脸颊被抓伤 但无大碍
Jenny got a scratch down her cheek, but it’s nothing.
这是第三次了
That makes three times.
米契 这很不寻常吧