Don’t you like us? Oh, darling, of course I do.
-你不喜欢博德加湾 -我还不知道
Don’t you like Bodega Bay? I don’t know yet.
米契很喜欢这里 他每个周末都过来
Mitch likes it very much. He comes up every weekend, you know,
虽然他在市区有间自己的公♥寓♥
even though he has his own apartment in the city.
他说旧金山就像桥墩上的蚁丘
He says San Francisco’s like an anthill at the foot of a bridge.
旧金山偶尔是有点忙乱
I suppose it does get a little hectic at times.
若你决定来我的生日会 别说是我告诉你的
Well, if you do decide to come, don’t say I told you about it.
这本该是一场惊喜派对
It’s supposed to be a surprise party.
他们设计了很复杂的计划
You see, they’ve got this whole complicated thing figured out,
我下午会去蜜雪儿家玩
where I’m going over to Michele’s for the afternoon,
但蜜雪儿的妈妈会说她头痛
and Michele’s mother will say that she has a headache.
我是否愿意让她带我回家
Would I mind very much if she took me home?
我一到家之后 所有的小孩都会跳出来
Then when I get home here, all the kids will jump out!
你不来吗 拜托你来嘛
Oh, won’t you come? Won’t you please come?
我没办法
I don’t think so.
-米契 她很迷人 不是吗 -是
She’s a charming girl, isn’t she, Mitch? Hmm? Yes.
非常漂亮
Certainly pretty. Mmm-hmm.
-你跟她认识多久了 -我说过了 我们昨天才认识
How long have you known her? Now, I told you, dear, we met yesterday.
-在鸟店里 -在鸟店里
In a bird shop. In a bird shop.
她是鸟店的店员
She was selling birds?
不 我只是让她相信 我以为她是店员 然后
No, no. I just led her into believing that I believed she was, and then…
过程很复杂
Well, it’s all very complicated.
但她确实买♥♥了爱情鸟 还大老远开车过来
But she did buy the lovebirds, and then drove all the way out here.
-妈妈 -怎么
– Mother. – Yes?
你上哪间法学院
Where did you go to law school?
抱歉
Forgive me.
我只是对那样的女孩很好奇
I suppose I’m just naturally curious about a girl like that.
她很有钱吧
She’s very rich, isn’t she?
应该是
Yeah, I suppose so.
她的父亲 是旧金山最大报社的合伙人
Her father’s part owner of one of the big newspapers in San Francisco.
你还以为 他能让她的名字不见报
You’d think he could manage to keep her name out of print.
她时常登上报纸的八卦专栏
She’s always mentioned in the columns, Mitch.
我知道
Yes, I know.
她就是去年在罗马 跳进喷水池的人 对吧
She is the one who jumped into a fountain in Rome last summer, isn’t she?

Yes.
我是有点老古板
I supposed I’m old-fashioned.
我知道那里的天气很温暖 但
I know it was supposed to be very warm there, but…
事实上 报纸写说 她当时是一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
Well, actually, the newspapers said she was naked.
我知道 妈妈
Yes, I know, dear.
这当然不关我的事 但你带这样的女孩
Of course, it’s none of my business, but when you bring a girl like that…
-妈妈 -是
Darling? Yes?
我能自己应付梅兰妮丹尼尔斯
I think I can handle Melanie Daniels by myself.
只要你知道 你要的是什么就好 米契
Well, as long as you know what you want, Mitch.
我很清楚我要什么
I know exactly what I want.
-你能自己开车回去 -当然
Be able to find your way back all right? Oh, yes.
-我能再见你吗 -旧金山离这里很远
Will I be seeing you again? San Francisco’s a long way from here.
我一周有五天待在旧金山 而且我时间很多
I’m in San Francisco five days a week with a lot of time on my hands.
我想见你
I’d like to see you.
我们可以一起去游泳 妈妈告诉我你喜欢游泳
Maybe we could go swimming or something. Mother tells me you like to swim.
-令堂怎么知道我的兴趣 -我们都读同一篇八卦专栏
How does Mother know what I like to do? I guess we read the same gossip column.
那个啊 罗马
Oh, that. Rome.
我很喜欢游泳 我们应该处得来
Yeah, I really like to swim. I think we might get along very well.
以防你有兴趣知道 我是被推进喷水池的
In case you’re interested, I was pushed into that fountain.
全身赤♥裸♥
Without any clothes on?
我当时衣着整齐 写那篇报导的报社
With all my clothes on. The newspaper that ran that story
刚好是我父亲的竞争对手
happens to be a rival of my father’s paper.
你只是可怜无辜 被牵连的受害者
You were just a poor, innocent victim of circumstances?
我不可怜也不无辜
I’m neither poor nor innocent,
但事实是
but the truth of that particular…
事实是 你跟一群狐群狗党混在一起
The truth is, you’re running around with a pretty wild crowd, isn’t it?
那倒是真的 但我被推进喷水池
Yes, that’s the truth, but I was pushed into that fountain,
也是事实
and that’s the truth, too. Uh-huh.
你真的认识安妮海沃斯
Do you really know Annie Hayworth?
不 我来到这里才认识她
No. At least I didn’t until I came up here.
-所以你们不是同学 -不是
– So you didn’t go to school together? – No.
-你不是来看她 -不是
– And you didn’t come up here to see her? – No!
-你说谎 -对 我说谎
– You were lying! – Yes, I was lying.
你有写信给我也是骗人的
What about the letter you wrote me? Is that a lie, too?
我真的有写
No, I wrote the letter.
-内容是什么 -上面写 亲爱的班纳先生
Well, what did it say? It said, “Dear Mr. Brenner.
“我想你需要这对爱情鸟 它们能改善你的人品”
“I think you need these lovebirds after all. “They may help your personality.”
-就这样 -但你撕掉了
– That’s what it said. – But you tore it up?
-对 -为什么
– Yes. – Why?
因为这似乎太愚蠢了
Because it seemed stupid and foolish.
-跟跳进罗马的喷水池一样 -我解释过了
Like jumping into a fountain in Rome. I told you what happened!
你以为我会相信
You don’t expect me to believe that, do you?
我才不在乎你信不信
Oh, I don’t give a damn what you believe!
-我还是想见你 -为什么
– I’d still like to see you. – Why?
应该会很有趣
I think it might be fun.
那在罗马也许是个好理由 但现在不是了
That might’ve been good enough in Rome, but it’s not good enough now.
-我觉得是 -我不觉得
– It is for me. – Well, not for me.
-你要什么 -我以为你早知道了
What do you want? I thought you knew.
我想要一♥丝♥不♥挂♥ 跳进喷水池里 晚安
I want to go through life jumping into fountains naked. Good night.
-丹尼尔斯小姐 是你吗 -是
Miss Daniels, is that you? Yes.

Hi.
怎么了吗 伤口开始痛了
Is something wrong? Is that cut beginning to bother you?
不 让我烦恼的不是伤口
No, it’s not the cut that’s bothering me.
-要喝点白兰地吗 -若有的话 我想喝
Would you like some brandy? If you have some, I’d love it.
我去拿 请坐 丹尼尔斯小姐
I’ll get it. Why don’t you sit down, Miss Daniels?
你想要穿件毛衣或盖件被子吗
Oh, would you like a sweater or something, a quilt?
不用了 谢谢
No. No, thank you.
-叫我梅兰妮就好 -没问题
Won’t you call me Melanie? All right.
谢谢
Thank you.
这里的晚上偶尔会有点冷
Gets a bit chilly here at night sometimes,
尤其是靠近海湾的地方
especially if you’re over near the bay.
你今晚过得如何
Well, how did your evening go?
你见到莉迪雅了
Did you meet Lydia?
还是你希望我换个话题
Or would you rather I changed the subject?
也好
I think so.
-你喜欢这个小村庄吗 -我恨死了
Well, how do you like our little hamlet? I despise it.
这里对一般游客没什么魅力
Well, I suppose it doesn’t offer much to the casual visitor,
除非你对山坡上 一整排的小木屋有兴趣
unless you’re thrilled by a collection of shacks on a hillside.
得花点时间习惯
It takes a bit of getting used to.
-安妮 你是哪里人 -旧金山
Where are you from originally, Annie? San Francisco.
那你怎么会来到这里
How did you happen to come up here?
很久以前 有个朋友邀请我到这里过周末
A friend invited me up for a weekend a long time ago.
我想也没什么理由好遮掩的
Look, I see no reason for being coy about this.
那个人是米契班纳 你应该早就知道了
It was Mitch Brenner. I guess you knew that anyway.
跟我猜的一样
I suspected as much.
你不用担心
Well, you needn’t worry.
我们老早就分得一干二净
It’s been over and done with a long time ago.
安妮 班纳先生跟我之间 什么都没有
Annie, there’s nothing between Mr. Brenner and me.
没有吗
Isn’t there?
也许没有吧
Well, maybe there isn’t.
或许米契跟任何女孩之间 都未曾有过什么
Maybe there’s never been anything between Mitch and any girl.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我也喝点酒好了
I think I’ll have some of that.
我在旧金山时跟他走得很近
I was seeing a lot of him in San Francisco.
某个周末 他邀我和莉迪雅见面
Then one weekend, he invited me up to meet Lydia.
什么时候
When was this?
四年前 他父亲过世后不久
Oh, four years ago, shortly after his father died.
-当然 现在的情况可能不同了 -不同
Of course, things may be different now. Different?
莉迪雅啊
With Lydia.
-她有点冷淡吧 -一点点
Did she seem a trifle distant? A trifle.
那情况可能没什么变
Well, then perhaps things aren’t quite so different.
她的态度差点害我发疯
You know, her attitude nearly drove me crazy.
我回到旧金山后 花了好几天想弄清楚 我到底哪里得罪她了
When I got back to San Francisco, I spent days trying to figure out exactly what I’d done to displease her.
-你做了什么 -什么都没有
Well, what had you done? Nothing.
我只是出现了 原因呢 一个善妒的女人
I simply existed. So what’s the answer? A jealous woman, right?
占有欲很强的母亲
A clinging, possessive mother?
错了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!