Some very interesting premises in your set tonight.
你今晚的表演非常有趣
Oh, thanks. Yeah.
谢谢 是的
I just wanted you to know. I’m about to take off.
我只是想让你知道
But you made it to the finals for the Montreal showcase.
我要走了 但你晋级决赛了 去蒙特利尔
Oh, my God. Thank you.
天哪 谢谢
You, too, Mary. Oh!
你也是 玛丽 哦
Okay. Okay.
好的 好的
So we’ll see you guys up there.
我们那里见
Yeah. We’ll be in touch.
嗯 保持联♥系♥
Well, what about CDog? Who’s that?
那么 C狗呢 那是谁
Uh, me. What about me?
我 那我呢
Oh, you know what?
你知道吗
Funny stuff, okay?
你挺有趣 好吧
I’ll walk you out.
我送你出去
Hey, do you want to go somewhere?
嘿 你想去什么地方吗
Yeah, let’s go somewhere.
是的 我们去别的地方吧
Hello?
你好
Kumail, it’s Jessie.
库米尔 我是杰西
Hey. Who?
嘿 谁
Jessie. I’m in school with Emily.
杰西 我和艾米丽同校
Listen, Emily’s in the hospital.
听着 艾米丽在医院
She has a really bad flu or something.
她的感冒很严重
What?
什么
Could you just go, please?
请你来一趟 好吗
We need someone there. We have exams tomorrow,
我们需要有人陪她 我们明天要考试
so nobody else can go.
所以没人能陪她
She’s still in the ER.
她还在急诊室
Could you just go and sit with her,
你能不能去和她坐在-起
and then drive her home, please?
然后开车送她回家 好吗
I was there for as long as I could,
我在那里待了很久
but I had to leave.
但我必须离开
Hi. I’m looking for Emily Gardner.
你好 我找艾米丽·加德纳
Um Emily Gardner. She was checked in
嗯 艾米丽·加德纳 她登记过
Hey.

What are you doing here?
你来干什么
Um, Jessie called me
杰西打电♥话♥给我
and wanted me to make sure you were okay.
想让我确定你没事
So how are you doing? Fine.
你怎么样 好的很
I’m totally fine. Never been better.
我完全没事 好的不要不要的
A 1,000% fine.
1000%的好
Just, like, fainted a little at work.
只是有点晕倒在工作上
I didn’t have breakfast this morning.
今天早上没吃早饭
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
早餐 是每天最重要的一餐
You know that.
你知道的
Ms. Gardner, your room will be ready soon, okay?
加德纳小姐 你的房♥间很快就会好的 好吧
Oh, no, no, actually, I would just love to go home
不 事实上 我真想回家
and sleep in my own bed.
睡自己的床
Sir, can you step outside for a moment, please?
先生 请你出去一会好吗
If you want to stay, you have to go to the security desk
如果你想留下 你必须去保安处
and get a pass.
拿通行证
All right. Where is the security desk?
好吧 保安处在哪里
It’s downstairs,
在楼下
exactly where you walked in at the security desk.
的保安处那里
The security desk is at the security desk. Got it.
保安处在保安处 明白了
Can I get you something?
我能给你拿点什么吗
Water? Juice? Coffee?
水 果汁 咖啡
May I speak with you for a second?
我能和你说几句话吗
I’ll be right back.
我马上回来
There’s a massive infection in her lungs,
她的肺部感染严重
and all her vitals are elevated.
她所有的生命体征指标升高
Does she have HIV?
她有艾滋病吗
What? No. I mean, she
什么 不 我的意思是 她
Are you her husband? No.
你是她丈夫吗 不
Oh, we need to intubate her immediately.
我们得马上给她插管
I need a family member to sign this.
我需要家属签字
So I’m gonna ask you again, are you her husband?
所以 我再问你一遍 你是她丈夫吗
What does, uh, “intubate” mean?
“插管” 是什么意思
We have to put her on a respirator, and to do that,
我们必须给她安装呼吸机 所以
we need to put her in a medically-induced coma.
我们得制♥造♥医学昏迷
Coma? Yes.
昏迷 是的
To stabilize her so we can work on the infection.
让她稳定下来 以便处理感染
And it needs to happen right now.
现在就得做
So, I’m gonna ask you one last time,
那么 我最后再问你一次
are you her husband?
你是她丈夫吗
What’s going on?
这是怎么回事
What’s going on? You’re gonna be okay.
这是怎么回事 你会没事的
Just relax and Where are you taking me?
放松 你要带我去哪里
You should call her family.
你应该打电♥话♥给她的家人
Sorry.
抱歉
Hey, Mrs. Gardner, um,
嘿 加德纳太太
this is Kumail, Emily’s friend.
我是库米尔 艾米丽的朋友
Uh, sorry to call you so late.
抱歉这么晚打电♥话♥给你
Um, Emily’s Emily’s fine.
艾米丽 艾米丽很好
Just want to get that taken care of. She’s fine.
只是需要照顾 她很好
Um, she is at City View Hospital in Chicago
她在芝加哥市医院
in a medically-induced coma,
医学昏迷
but the doctors say that all
但医生说
Yes, I did say “coma.”
是的 我说了 “昏迷”
Hey. I’m Kumail.
嘿 我是库米尔
We know who you are, Kumail.
我们知道你 库米尔
Mr. and Mrs. Gardner,
加德纳先生和太太
the doctors would like to see you now.
医生们现在想见你
I’ll be right back.
我马上回来
Uh, listen, the doctor will be here any minute.
听着 医生马上就到
She’s just running a little late.
她只是有点晚了
Don’t read anything into this being the bereavement room.
不要阅读丧亲室里任何文宇
It’s the only room we had available.
因为我们唯一只剩这间房♥了
Okay. Thank you. Okay. Okay.
好的 谢谢 好吧
Terry, Terry, I I It’s
泰利 泰利 我我 这
It’s driving me insane. Yes, I know, I know,
这让我发疯了 我知道
but it makes me feel better.
但这让我感觉好多了
I just
我只是
Hello. No. Please sit. Please sit.
你好 不 请坐
I’m Dr. Cunningham, Emily’s attending.
我是坎宁安医生 艾米丽的主治医生
I’ll be coordinating all the doctors
我会协调所有的医生
and orchestrating her treatment strategy.
精心策划她的治疗方案
All the doctors? How many are there?
所有的医生 有多少人
Five. Five?
五个 五个
Why so many? I mean, is that is that normal?
这么多 这正常吗
Yes. It’s standard for patients in the ICU.
是的 这是ICU病人的标准
We come at it from many angles, we confer
我们从许多角度来看 我们协商
After assessing her,
我们在评估她
we immediately initiated orotracheal intubation.
我们立即安排呼吸插管
Thankfully, it hasn’t affected her heart at this point.
谢天谢地 目前没有影响心脏
We don’t know the exact nature of the infection yet,
我们不知道感染的确切性质
but we got her on a broad spectrum of antibiotics.
但我们注射了广谱抗生素
battling critical infection
右肺在对抗严重感染
centering around the costodiaphragmatic recess.
以肋隔隐窝为中心
Our theory is methicillin-resistant
我们的理论是耐甲氧西林
staphylococcus aureus.
对抗金色葡萄球菌
Staphyl Hold on. That’s a “P”?
“葡萄菌 ” 等等 是 “球菌” 吗
Yeah.
是的
That’s an “F” or a “P-H”?
是 “球菌” 还是 “杆菌”
P-H. No. It’s staphylococcus
“杆菌” 不 是金色葡萄球菌
That was very reassuring, wasn’t it?
真让我安心 不是吗
Apparently, there are good and bad comas,
显然昏迷 有好的和坏的
and the kind that they put her in,
她的那种
the medically-induced coma, are definitely, like,
医学昏迷 肯定是
the good kind of coma.
好的那种昏迷
Like You know how there are good and bad carbs?
你知道 碳水化台物也分好坏

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!