Like
就像
Like, I hung out with other girls,
我傍马子
but then I married Fatima.
但后来 我娶了法蒂玛
And we hardly spoke two words to each other
头几个月 我们说话几乎
in the first few months, but now, Kumi,
不超过两个宇 但现在 库米
she’s like my best friend. I know.
她就像我最好的朋友 我知道
You have to break up with her immediately.
你必须马上和她分手
If I find someone who’s as good for me
如果我找到和法蒂玛
as Fatima is for you,
一样好的人
Mom would understand, right?
妈妈会理解的 对吗
I mean, she wouldn’t love me less.
我是说她不会少爱我的
Oh, she’d definitely love you less.
她肯定更爱你
Slowly, it’d sort of
慢慢地 会有的
What’s the word when guys stop returning girl’s calls?
男人不再回女孩的电♥话♥的叫什么来着
Ghosting? Yes.
鬼影 是的
You have to end it now, or Mom will fucking ghost you.
你必须现在就结束 否则妈妈会鬼影你
Now, come on.
现在 来吧
Batting.
击球
I am getting, like, a lot of bright fruit.
很多鲜艳的水果
I’d say it’s very fruit-forward.
我想说水果向前冲
Mmm-hmm. It tastes like grape juice that’s gone bad.
嗯 味道像坏了的葡萄汁
Like Yeah.
就像 嗯
Why do you know so much about wine?
你怎么这么了解酒
Um, because,
因为
uh
呃
I was pretty unhappy in my first marriage,
我第一次婚姻很不开心
and I drank a lot,
我喝了很多
and, uh, one way to cover drinking a lot is to just,
有一种方法可以避免喝很多酒
like, know a lot about wine.
比如了解酒类知识
Wait. I’m sorry. What did you just say?
等等 对不起 你刚才说什么
That knowing a lot about wine covers for drinking a lot.
了解酒类知识
Uh, no, I mean the huge piece of information
不 我是说之前那条
that you’re trying to just blow right past.
你想搪塞的那条
Yeah. Yeah, I was married.
是的 没错 我结过婚
You were married? Um I was.
你结过婚 嗯 结过
I was married.
我结过婚
Do you want to talk about something else or
你想谈点别的还是
Yeah, ’cause I don’t really have any questions.
因为我没别的问题
No. Other than
不 除了
When did you get married? When did you get divorced?
你什么时候结婚的 你什么时候离婚的
What’s his name? How tall is he?
他叫什么名字 他有多高
Did you love him?
你爱他吗
I guess I have a couple questions.
我想我有几个问题
Uh-huh.
嗯哼
Um, his name was is Ryan.
他叫 莱恩
We met in college.
大学里认识的
Everyone I knew was getting married super young,
我认识的每个人 结婚时都很年轻
so we did, and, um, one day I was at a restaurant,
我们也是 有天我去一家餐馆
and I saw this couple making out.
我看到一对夫妻在亲热
And I thought,
我想
“Huh. I don’t think about my husband like that.
“嗯 我不认为我丈夫会喜欢这样”
“But that’s okay.”
“但 没关系”
And then another part of my brain was like,
然后我大脑的另一部分就像
“No, that’s not okay. This is your life.”
“不 这是不好的” “这是你的生活”
I feel like this is freaking you out.
我觉得这吓到你了
Is this freaking you out? It’s not freaking me out.
吓坏你了吗 没有吓到我
I don’t want to put pressure on you.
我不想给你施加压力
And I know it’s only been a few months,
我知道只过了几个月
but I just wanted to tell you, I
但我只是想告诉你 我
am overwhelmed by you.
被你淹没了
It’s the last thing I was expecting.
这是我曾期待的 最后一件事
This is also the last thing I was expecting.
这也是我曾期待的 最后一件事
And I also feel completely overwhelmed by you.
我也感到完全被你淹没了
That’s a weird thing to say. Why?
说这话 真奇怪 为什么
I just said what you said, exactly what you said.
我只是重复你的话
Yeah, it wasn’t weird when I said it.
对 我说的时候并不奇怪
No It’s okay.
不 没关系
So, listen, my parents are going
听着 我爸妈
to be in town this weekend. Oh, that’s great.
这个周末要进城 大好了
Will you maybe want to come and meet them for lunch?
你是否愿意来和他们一起吃午饭
Oh, we can’t ’cause of the two-day rule, right?
我们不能 因为两天的规矩 对吧
Well, you’ll come to Mary’s party Friday night, right?
星期五晚上你来参加玛丽的派对吗
And then we’ll probably spend the night,
然后我们可能会过夜
so I won’t be able to see you till Monday, so
不然我星期一才能看到你 所以
Okay. Well, I would love to meet your parents.
是的 我很想见见你的父母
They live in the city, right?
他们住在城里 对吗
Well, they live in the suburbs,
他们住在郊区
and, uh, you know,
所以 呃 你知道
I don’t really see them very much.
我真的不常见他们
Have they asked about me?
他们问起我了吗
What do they think? Oh, um
他们怎么想 哦 嗯
Do they Do they want to meet me?
他们 他们想见我吗
My parents want to meet you.
我父母想见你
Of course, of course. They’re dying to meet you.
当然了 他们很想见你
Ow. Oh, my God. Whoa, you okay?
上帝 你没事吧
Yep. What happened?
没事 发生什么事了
Do you Totally fine.
你 完全没事
Do you need
你需要
No, I think I just tweaked my ankle.
不 我只是扭伤脚踝
assistance?
援助
I took this stupid hip-hop dance class last weekend.
上周末我参加嘻哈舞蹈课
You should get it looked at. Do you want ice?
你应该去看看 你要冰块吗
I don’t need anything. I can get you a bag of ice.
我什么都不需要 我去拿袋冰块
Look, I’m walking on it. I’m totally fine.
我可以走 我没事
I can carry you. Kumail, seriously, stop.
我可以带你去 库米尔 说真的 别说了
I can carry you the rest of the day.
今天还有时间
Stop.
不许再说
Hey, I liked your friends.
嘿 我喜欢你的朋友
That Craig guy?
那个叫克雷格的家伙
Or was it Greg?
还是格雷格
You know, I can never tell with those names.
我永远分不清这些名字
I’m glad I like him ’cause I don’t want have to, like,
我很高兴我喜欢他 因为我不想
come up with excuses to avoid him, you know?
找借口避开他 你知道妈
Like Like, “Oh, no. I have kite-surfing tonight.”
比如 “不 我今晚要冲浪”
You know, in the UK, Craig is pronounced Crayg,
英国人念克雷格的发音为 “魁哥”
which is good ’cause that’s how it’s written, right?
这挺好 因为念法就是写法 对吧
Anyway, he’s a great guy.
总之 他是个好人
I was gonna tell you about that.
我正要告诉你那事
Are you judging Pakistan’s Next Top Model or something?
你是在选巴基斯坦下一任顶尖模特
No. Seriously.
不 说真的
Who are these women? Okay, um
这些女人是谁 好吧
You know how we have arranged marriage in my culture?
你知道巴基斯坦的传统婚姻吗
These are those women.
这些女人都是
These are women in Pakistan who want to marry you?
这些巴基斯坦的妇女 想嫁给你
They’re not in Pakistan.
她们不在巴基斯坦
You’ve met these women?
你见过这些女人
Just with my parents and stuff, but we haven’t, like
是我父母搞的事 但我们没有
But you’re not serious about this, are you?
但你不是认真的吧
It’s my mom’s thing. I just go along with it.
我妈妈的事 我只是顺其便
So, what does your mom think about you and me then?
那么 你妈怎么看待你和我
She doesn’t know about me, does she?
她根本不知道我 是吗
No.
对
Emily, just Fuck!
艾米丽 只是 操
Five fucking months of red flags.
他妈的五个月禁闭
Oh, my God, I’m so stupid.
天啊 我真笨
You ducking my parents.
你躲着我的父母
Oh, my God, the two-day rule.
天哪 两天的规矩
No, that had nothing to do with it.
不 和这事无关
Seriously. Red flag after red flag.
说真的 禁闭复禁闭
You’re such a liar. You lied to me.
你真是个骗子 你骗我