Dude, it’s 8:30 in the morning.
伙计 现在是八点半
Okay. No hot dog.
好吧 不要热狗
Oh, hi.
嘿
Oh, yeah, you can go right in.
请进吧
We just spoke to Khadija’s parents.
我们刚和卡蒂嘉的父母谈过
What are you doing here? What is wrong with you, Kumi?
你们来干什么 你有什么毛病 库米
Nothing is wrong with me. I’m sorry.
我没有毛病 对不起
Sorry? That’s all you have to say?
对不起 这就是你要说的
Okay, I I don’t I wasn’t that into her.
好吧 我 我没那么中意她
Into her? Yeah.
中意她 是的
Do you know how difficult it is
你知道这有多难吗
to get an appointment with her?
把她约出来
She’s in very high demand.
她要求很高的
Okay, so? So?
是的 所以 所以
Can we please talk about this another time? I I
我们能不能改天再谈 我
No, no, Kumi. We will talk about this now.
不 库米 我们现在就得谈
We have sacrificed everything for you.
我们为你牺牲了一切
I know. Okay?
我知道的 对吧
We have left our family.
我们离开了 我们的大家庭
We have left our home.
我们离开了家园
I have missed the birth of my sister’s daughter.
我错过了我妹妹女儿的出生
I have not seen my mother for 15 years.
我已经15年没有见过我的母亲了
Your father, he had to do his graduate school again.
你的父亲 他不得不再次去研究生院
He had to give exams again.
他不得不 再次参加考试
I was in my mid-50s.
我已经50多岁了
They were in 20s. They used to call me Father Time.
年轻人都是20多岁 他们过去常叫我时光老人
Okay, okay. I know that.
好吧 好吧 我懂
And I I really appreciate everything you did for me.
我真的很感激你们为我做的一切
But can we talk about this another time?
但我们能不能改天再谈
Kumi, if you don’t want to be a lawyer, fine.
库米 如果你不想当律师 很好
If you want to do the stand-up comedy
如果你想做脱口秀喜剧
and embarrass us as a family, fine.
让我们家庭难堪 那好
There is only one thing
只有一件事
that we have ever asked for you, Kumi,
我们曾经对你要求过 库米
that you be a good Muslim
你是个好穆♥斯♥林♥
and you marry a Pakistani girl!
你应娶巴基斯坦女孩
That is it! One thing!
就是这样 只此一事
Can I ask you something?
我能问你点事吗
Something that has never made sense to me.
对我来说没有意义的事
Why did you bring me here if you wanted me
既然你们不想美国人参与
to not have an American life?
何必带我来美国
We come here, but we pretend like we’re still back there.
我们来到这里 但我们假装还在国内
That’s so stupid.
太蠢了
Don’t you talk to your mother like that.
你不可以对你妈那样说话
You don’t care what I think.
你们不在乎我的想法
You just want me to follow the rules.
你只是想让我遵守规则
But the r the rules don’t make sense to me.
但这些规则对我来说 没有意义
I don’t pray.
我不祈祷
I don’t.
我不
I haven’t prayed in years.
我好多年没祈祷了
I just go down there,
我只是去楼下
and I play video games.
玩电子游戏而已
You don’t believe in Allah?
你不相信真♥主♥吗
I don’t know what I believe, Dad.
我不知道我相信什么 爸爸
I don’t know.
我不知道
And I can’t marry someone you find for me.
我不能娶你们指定的人
And why not?
为什么不呢
Because I am in love with someone.
因为我爱上了一个人
I am.
真的
Her name is Emily.
她的名宇是艾米丽
And she’s gonna be a therapist.
她会成为一个治疗师
And right now she’s very sick.
现在她病得很重
But I couldn’t tell you that.
但我不能告诉你
It makes me so sad that I couldn’t tell you any of that.
这让我很伤心 我不能告诉你任何情况
I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me.
我真的很感激你们为我所做的一切
I truly, truly, truly do. I really do.
我真的 真的 我真的感激
And I know Islam has been really good for you,
我知道伊♥斯♥兰♥教很有好处
and it has made you good people.
它让你成为好人
But I don’t know what I believe.
但我不知道我相信什么
I just need to figure it out on my own.
我只需要自己想办法
You’re not my son.
你不是我儿子
Kumail. You’re being selfish,
库米尔 你太自私了
you’re not thinking about us.
你没考虑我们
You’re not thinking about Khadija, in fact,
事实上 你没有考虑过卡蒂嘉
you’re not even thinking about
你根本都没有考虑过
that girl you are in love with.
你爱的那个女孩
You think American dream is doing just about
你认为美国梦只是为自己
whatever you want and not thinking about other people?
而不用考虑别人
You’re wrong!
你错了
You are wrong!
你错了
Excuse us, please.
请原谅我们
Sorry.
抱歉
What’s wrong with you, man?
你怎么回事 伙计
CHRIS Hey. Hey.
嘿 克里斯 嘿
I, uh, never went to the store.
我还没去商店
I was just listening at the door.
我只是在门外听
Hey My mom kicked me out for dealing weed at 16,
我妈把我赶出去了 因为我16岁卖♥♥大♥麻♥
so I get it, man.
我很懂 伙计
Hey. Hey, um, so,
嘿 嘿 嗯 所以
wh when are we gonna talk to Beth about this thing
我们什么时候才能和贝丝谈这件事
that we talked about? We we we
我们谈过的那件 我们 我们
We’re gonna move her,
我们要搬动她
is what we’re gonna do.
就这么办
What?
什么
What? We’re gonna move her. What you
什么 我们要把她搬走 你
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
You fucking caved?
你♥他♥妈♥屈服了
I didn’t cave. You fucking caved?
我没有屈服 你♥他♥妈♥屈服了
I don’t cave, okay? Okay, okay, okay, okay.
我没有屈服 好吧
I know you don’t, you don’t cave, you don’t cave,
我知道你没有屈服
you’re great.
你很棒
But we talked about this last night,
但是我们昨晚谈过的
and we decided I know. I know.
我们决定了 我知道
that it wasn’t gonna be a good
这不是个好事情
We’re moving her. No. What?
我们要把她搬出去 不 什么
Yeah. I I told you what
是的 我告诉你为什么
the nurse said. She’s right.
我说了护士的话 她说得对
Hey, Beth, um, the nurse told me that moving Emily
贝丝 护士说搬动艾米丽
could be a very bad idea.
可能是个坏主意
Well, Northwestern told us it could be very good.
西北医院说很好
Well, they don’t see her, this nurse sees her,
他们没看到她 护士看到过她
and she told me herself. She said
她亲自告诉我的
That’s okay, Kumail, they don’t need to see her.
没关系 库米尔 他们不需要见她的
No, it’s not okay! There.
不 这样不好
That’s I got it.
但这 我明白了
That’s a map of the garage.
那是车♥库♥地图
Don’t
不要
Wait, wait, wait.
等等
You want to be responsible?
你负责吗
Huh?
嗯
She could die!
她可能会死
Kumail,
库米尔
we’re responsible for her no matter what.
不管发生什么 我们都要对她负责
We’re her parents.
我们是她的父母
Now, I’m sorry, we’re moving her.
对不起 我们要把她搬出去
Welcome to Quick ‘n Hot.
欢迎光临热的快
Can I take your order, please?
需要点单吗
Yeah, um, can I get a burger with four slices of cheese?
能给我-份四片芝士汉堡吗
Four burgers. Anything else, sir?
四个汉堡还有什么吗 先生
No, one burger with four slices of cheese.
不 一个汉堡配四片 芝士