You said that nobody was going to come, it was just
你说没人会来 只是
Gonna be just us. Kumail, do you know this guy?
只有我们 库米尔 你认识这个人吗
People say Sam!
人们说的萨姆
People say Sam! Do you know him?
人们说的萨姆 你认识他吗
Yeah, I know him.
我认识他
He should be on Saturday Night Live.
他应该是星期六夜场的(SNL)
SNL.
SNL
People don’t say “Sam.” They say salaam.
人们不会说 “萨姆” 他们说 “萨朗姆”(你好)
Everybody, you remember Khadija?
大家记得卡蒂嘉吗
She just dropped in.
她顺道来的
She was just in the neighborhood.
她刚好在附近
And these are her parents, Rahan and Tina.
她的父母 拉罕和蒂娜
They also just dropped in.
他们也是顺道
I’ve just been on so many of these appointments,
我这么多次约会
and I just never have anything in common with the guys.
从来没有和他们有共同点
Yeah.
是的
You know, when girls at work complain to me about dating,
当女同事向我抱怨约会的时候
I just I want to body-slam them.
我只是 我想抱摔她们
They have no idea.
她们没脑子
Right. I don’t know.
对 我不知道
My mom says I’m becoming like the bruised apple
我妈妈说我变得像伤痕累累的苹果
at the bottom of the apple bucket.
在苹果桶的底部
No. No, no, no, you’re not. Yeah.
不 你不是 嗯
I am. No, you’re not.
我是的 不 你不是
So, do you want to hang out sometime?
你想出去玩吗
Like, without our parents.
不带父母
Have you been to the Cat Café?
你去过猫咖啡馆吗
The cats just come up to you
猫咪向你走来
and nestle in your lap, and you just pet them.
蜷缩在你的大腿上 你爱抚猫咪
I don’t think that’s a good idea.
我不认为这是个好主意
You don’t like cats?
你不喜欢 猫咪
I mean
我的意思是
I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to hang out again.
我不认为我们再约是个好主意
It’s not you.
不是你的问题
You’re fantastic.
你太棒了
I just can’t do this arranged marriage thing.
我只是不能授受包办婚姻
With anybody.
和任何人
So why did you meet me?
那你为什么要见我
It wasn’t my idea.
这不是我的主意
I’m just really tired.
我只是太累了
Do you ever want to just be in a relationship
你是否想过某段感情中
so you can just finally relax?
终于不用太紧张
I’m sorry.
对不起
You deserve better than me.
你应该得到比我更好的
People always telling me what I deserve.
人们总是告诉我我应得的
It’s bullshit.
这是胡址
And stop being so sorry about everything.
别对所有的事感到抱歉
I’m gonna go.
我要走了
And do you know what? I watched The X-Files.
你知道吗 我看过X档案
Like, three whole episodes, and it’s a bad show.
三整集 很难看的剧集
Wow, they should call this web site,
他们应称此网站为
“everything is cancer dot-com.”
“一切都是癌症.com”
Whatever symptom you put in, it could be cancer.
无论你有什么症状 都可能是癌症
Hiccups could be cancer. Come on.
打隔可能是癌症 拜托
Take the fun out of hiccups now.
打隔也有段子
But, you know, this is the 17th best hospital in Chicago?
但这里是芝加哥第十七好的医院
Really? Out of how many? I don’t know.
真的 总数是多少 我不知道
But Northwestern’s number one.
但排名第一的是西北大学医院
How do they rate,
他们怎么计算的
or what’s the methodology? I don’t know, Terry.
采用什么方法 我不知道 泰利
But 17th is bad.
但第十七够糟糕了
It’s not great. Unless the sample size is
不太好 除非取样范围是
You know, that all depends.
你知道 取决于样本总数
Here, look at the comments.
这里 看看评论
This is why I don’t want to go online
这就是我不想上网的原因
’cause it’s never good.
因为从来没有好评
You go online, they hated Forrest Gump.
网上 他们讨厌阿甘
Frickin’ best movie ever.
有史以来最棒的电影
Yeah, I know.
是的 我明白
Well, it, no, it hasn’t been that long.
嗯 不 没多久
Like, three hours, maybe.
大概三小时吧
Oh, hey, I I All right, I got to go.
我 好吧 我得走了
Terry, hi. Hey.
泰利 你好 嘿
Can we talk? Yeah, yeah.
我们能谈谈吗 嗯
Okay.
好的
We got the biopsy results.
我们拿到了活检结果
They are, unfortunately, inconclusive.
不幸的是 没有定论
Uh, we’re concerned because it is also
我们很担心 因为可能是
Well, wait, wait, what does that mean?
等等 那是什么意思
It means it’s aggressive. It means that
可能是俱略性的 意思是
I mean, they They couldn’t find out what
我是说 他们不能确诊病因
the disease was or where the
也无法分♥析♥病毒的
Where the virus came from, the bacteria, whatever.
原发地 细菌什么的 无论什么
But they took out the infection,
但他们清除了
so it shouldn’t matter. I know. That’s what I said.
感染应该问题不大 我知道 这正是我说过的
But, uh, her vitals didn’t normalize.
但是她的生命体征没有正常化
And now they say, the infection,
现在他们说感染
it’s continuing to spread. It’s in her kidneys now.
还在继续扩散 现在到肾脏了
But the kidneys are so far from the lungs.
但是肾脏离肺部太远了
I know.
我知道
It’s an aggressive infection, and they said
这是主动感染 而且他们说
what they got to do now is they just got to figure out
他们现在要做的是 就是找出
what this mystery disease actually is.
神秘疾病究竟是什么
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.
啊 啊 啊
I’m calling Northwestern.
我打电♥话♥给西北大学医院
Just hold on, hold on. Terry, Goddammit
等一下 泰利 该死的
I think we should talk about
我想我们应该谈谈
Shut up.
闭嘴
I’m sick of this shit, Terry. We’re getting her out of here.
我受够了 泰利 我们转院
They’re in the middle of the
现在在清除
Of the whole process of elimination.
治疗过程中
So you’re saying Northwestern can’t take that information
你是说西北大学医院不采用
and continue the search?
信息并继续诊断
This place is a shithole. I’m sorry.
这地方是狗屎 对不起
Anna, could I have that?
安娜 能给我吗
Will you just stop for a second, all right?
你先停一下好吗
They are the doctors.
他们是医生
You act like you know what you’re talking about.
你的表现就像你很懂
Doctors are not the same. You don’t.
医生都不一样 你不
I can’t find my cell phone.
我找不到手♥机♥
You got a phone? Yeah.
你有手♥机♥吗 有
Don’t give her the phone.
别给她
Don’t You don’t need a phone.
你不需要电♥话♥
You don’t need to call anybody right now. The
你现在不需要打电♥话♥
They’re doing it. They’re the experts here, and
这些专家在努力 而且
And I trust them. One, five
我相信他们 很好
Oh, well, that’s very nice, but I don’t.
这很好 但我不信
Can you unlock that thing?
你能解锁吗
There There’s a reason they’re number 17
所以他们排名17
and Northwestern’s number one.
而西北排第1
And that’s not because people trust them. Thank you.
并不是因为人们信任他们 谢谢
Wait, you think you’re smarter than me.
等等 你以为你比我聪明
You say big sentences.
你说大话
Okay, well, you’re not. You’re not.
好吧 其实你没有
I don’t think I’m smarter than you.
我不认为我比你聪明
You just don’t think you’re as smart as I am.
你只是自己觉得没我这么聪明
That’s not my fault. Right, it’s
那不是我的错 对 这是
It’s never your fault. Everything’s my fault.
这不是你的错 一切都是我的错
Oh, there are some things that are definitely
有些事情肯定是
just your fault.
你的错