On the lung. “Thora” what? “Thora” what?
在肺上 “胸腔” “胸腔” 什么
And we’re going to remove it. What is it?
我们要把它切除 那是什么
Thoracentesis. C-E-N-T-E-S-I-S.
胸腔穿刺术C E N E S
And what’s the risk? It’s a common thing
有什么风险 常规手术
that they do? Low. Yes.
他们做的 风险低
My advice to you
我的忠告是
is that you go home, you get something to eat,
回家 吃东西
and try to relax.
试着放松
She left the lights on, huh?
她把灯开着 嗯
My favorite sweater.
我最喜欢的毛衣
I’m gonna do some research. Oh, hey.
我要做些调查 哦 嘿
That’s the book I gave her.
那是我给她的书
No, I gave her that one.
不 我给她的
Hey, do you have that little notebook from the doctor’s?
你的小本子呢 医生的那本
This is the book I gave her. Uh
这是我给她的那本书 嗯
I’m just gonna clean up Emily’s room real quick.
我马上把艾米丽的房♥间收拾干净
No, I I remember.
不 我记得
I met her at the Falafel place,
我在炸豆丸子地方见过她
and then we went to that bookstore
然后我们去了那家书店
that’s hardly ever open, and I bought it for her.
几乎没有打开过 我买♥♥给她的
You’re not the only one who gives her things.
你不是唯一给她东西的人
What’s up with you?
你怎么了
I’m just tired of you thinking
我只是厌倦了 你认为
you’re the only one who gives her things.
只有你给过她东西
I gave her that book.
我把那本书给她了
Look at the inscription. No. No, that’s stupid.
看看题词 不 那太蠢了
Hey, uh, Kumail. Hey.
嘿 库米尔 嗨
Oh. Hey. Sorry.
哦 嘿 抱歉
Didn’t mean to surprise you.
不是想给你惊喜
I was just wondering, are we gonna do anything?
我只是想知道 我们可以随意吗
You got any parlor games? I I don’t
你有什么客厅游戏吗 我没有
What are parlor games?
什么是客厅游戏
Card games. Word games.
纸牌游戏 文字游戏
Play any word games?
玩字游戏吗
Um, no, I’ve never You ever play
不 我从来没有 你玩过
You Can’t Rhyme It? How does that go?
你不会押韵吗 怎么玩
It’s Eh, basically, you know,
嗯 基本上
you try to find out a word, a real word,
你找一个词 真正的词
that nobody can rhyme. Okay.
没人能押韵 好的
And then Stonehenge.
然后 巨石阵
Yeah, see, you would win.
看 你会赢的
Ah. Hmm. Yeah. That’d be a winner.
啊 嗯 那算你赢
I don’t play board games. I play, like
我不玩棋盘游戏 我玩
I play video games. That’s the thing.
我玩电子游戏 这就是问题
Everybody now needs, like, you know, a Nintendo.
现在每个人都需要 比如任天堂
A game thing. The thing. Electronics. $1,000.
游戏玩意 电子的1000美元
When I was a kid, piece of chalk and a pavement,
我小时候 一块粉笔 一条人行道
and that’s your entertainment.
这就是你的娱乐
Hopscotch. Tic-tac-toe.
跳房♥子 井字游戏
Throw the chalk at Jimmy.
把粉笔扔向吉米
There you go. Three games right there.
你看 三场比赛就有了
Jimmy was a real guy?
吉米是真人
Yeah, well, I mean, there was no particular Jimmy.
是啊 我没有特指吉米
You know, whoever got hit with the chalk,
不管谁被粉笔击中
he was the Jimmy.
他是吉米
Uh
呃
I’m just trying to figure out, you know, what to do.
我只是想 找点事做
Yeah. I Tonight’s no good for me.
是的 今晚我有事
I’d love to, but, um
我很乐意 但是
I’m actually, uh I’m actually gigging tonight,
其实我 我今晚真的很鸡搔
which is, like, an industry word we use
这是我们的行业词汇
for when we do, like, shows and stuff, so
比如我们有表演之类的
Really? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
真的 是的
There’s a big Montreal Comedy Festival audition coming up,
大型蒙特利尔喜剧音乐节海选即将到来
and, um I’m actually headlining tonight, so, yeah.
我真的是今晚的领衔 所以
Oh, wow. Hey.
哦 喔 嘿
I should I should Run on out.
我应该走了
Wow, that’s cool. I haven’t been to a comedy club since
哇 太酷了 我没去过喜剧俱乐部
Oh, boy. Since the ’80s, right?
从1980年以后
Rita Rudner over at Caroline’s.
丽塔·拉德娜 在卡罗琳家
Remember that, hon? Christ. I
记得吗 亲爱的 上帝 我
A pleural effusion of the empyema.
胸腔积液 脓胸
Maybe we should go, huh?
也许我们该去 嗯
Maybe we should go to Kumail’s show. What do you think?
也许我们该去看库米尔的秀 怎么样
Wouldn’t that be fun? Oh, my God!
那不是很有趣吗 天啊
These pictures are horrible. Okay, listen.
这些照片太恐怖了 好了 听着
Why don’t we go to the comedy club with him?
我们为什么不和他去喜剧俱乐部呢
And this It’ll take our mind off of things right now.
会让我们暂时忘却现在的事情
I don’t want to take my mind off it, Terry.
我不想忘却什么 泰瑞
Our daughter’s having surgery tomorrow.
我们的女儿明天要做手术
Please.
拜托
That’s a fair point. Please, please listen.
这是公平角度 请听我说
I need the distraction.
我需要分心
Well, then why don’t you go? No.
那你为什么不去呢 不
I want you to come with me.
我要你和我一起去
I don’t want to go alone.
我不想一个人去
Okay. But I’m bringing my iPad.
好 但我要带上我的iPad
Ah, it’s sold out.
啊 票卖♥♥完了
I should have said it
我应该早说
before you guys had the whole discussion.
在你们整个讨论之前
It sold out, like, super quickly.
很快就卖♥♥完了
They were shocked at how quickly it sold out.
他们对卖♥♥得多快♥感♥到震惊
Like Well, you can get us in.
比如 你可以带我们进去
You’re the headliner, right? That’s what you said.
你是头牌吧 你说过
I mean, if you’re the headliner,
如果你是头牌
you can get two more in, right?
多两人没问题吧
That’s a good point. Yeah.
不错的主意 嗯
We’ll sit in the back, right? We’ll sit in the back.
我们坐后面 好吗 我们坐在后面
They got food there?
那里有卖♥♥食物吗
Yeah, they’ve got waffle fries and, um
他们有华夫炸薯条
Yeah.
嗯
The hospital had the waffle fries, too.
医院也有华夫饼薯条
Right.
对
I I actually have never been to Pakistan.
我 实际上我从未去过巴基斯坦
My parents moved here for grad school,
我父母搬来这里读研究生
and then they just stayed here.
然后他们就呆在这里
I’ve never even been to Canada.
我从没去过加拿大
So, um, when is Kumail coming?
库米尔什么时候来
He’s coming. Right, NAVEED?
他正赶来 对吧 纳维德
Ah. Huh. Traffic.
啊 是的 交通问题
I heard there’s, uh, bumper-to-bumper traffic
我听说交通堵到天
on the Dan Ryan Expressway.
在丹瑞安高速公路
That’s weird, because You know, rush hour.
这很奇怪 因为 你知道高峰时间
I took the Dan Ryan Expressway here.
我是从丹瑞安高速公路来的
What is your dad’s sister’s
你♥爸♥爸的姐姐
favorite kind of music to dance to?
最爱的舞蹈的音乐是什么
Emily’s parents are here. Aunts, aunts, aunts, aunts.
艾米丽的父母来了 阿姨 阿姨 阿姨 阿姨(嘻哈音乐)
Tonight? Why? Get it? ‘Cause it’s “aunt.”
今晚 为什么 懂吗 “阿姨”
It’s “aunts.” It’s “aunts.”
此乃 “阿姨”
All right, forget it. All right.
好吧 算了
Uh, is anybody here from out of town?
这儿有人从城外来的吗
All right, a few, a few.
好吧 有几个
What’s your name, sir?
你叫什么名字 先生
Uh, Terry.
我 泰利
Terry. And, uh, who’s this lovely lady next to you?
泰利 你旁边的这位可爱的女士是谁
Oh, my God. That’s Emily’s dad.
天哪 那是艾米丽的爸爸
Is that cloth? Little terry cloth?
那是熊吗 小泰迪熊
It’s Beth.
是贝丝
Beth. That’s pretty close.
贝丝 差不多嘛
Why would he do this?
他为什么要这么做