I was right.
所有人都错了
And everyone was wrong.
对 我为此拿了奖金 告我吧
And, yeah, I got a bonus check for it. Sue me.
你知道吗
You know?
这是很大一笔钱 我懂
It’s a lot of money. I get it.
我能感觉到你在批判我
I can feel you judging me.
显而易见
That’s palpable.
但我从没说我是这个故事的英雄
But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
本 怎么样了
Hey, Ben. How are we looking?
8…万
Eight… on…
什么
Sorry?
不是 8千万
No. Eighty million.
8千万 8千万 不错 对不对
$80 million, $80 million, that’s good, right?
-8千很好 -对不对
– Eighty is great. – Is that good?
-8千很好 本 -好吧
– Eighty is great, Ben. – Okay.
谢谢 非常感谢
Thank you. Thank you so much.
大部分给瑞银了
Most of it went to UBS.
你们很幸运 法国最大的银行
You’re very lucky. The largest bank in France
今天冻结了客户的货币市场账户
froze customer’s money market accounts today.
这事影响已经波及欧洲
This thing’s hitting Europe.
希腊和爱尔兰完蛋了
Greece and Iceland are finished.
西班牙岌岌可危
Spain is teetering.
你是认真的吗 操
Are you serious? Fuck.
本 回来给我们电♥话♥
Ben, call us when you get home.
听着 挂之前
But, hey, before you go,
我想问
uh, I’m just wondering…
那个
Um…
你为什么帮我们一起
Why did you do this with us?
你没必要的
You didn’t have to. Uh…
谢谢 不过 为什么
Thank you. But, uh, why?
你们说想变有钱 现在你们有钱了
You guys said you wanted to get rich. Now you’re rich.
进球
Goal!
潘普洛纳将自己送上了记分牌
Pamplona puts themselves on the scoreboard.
房♥地♥产♥市场与银行继续大出血
As the housing markets and banks continued to hemorrhage,
只有一个大空头拒绝
only one of the big shorts refused to sell.
马克·鲍姆
Mark Baum.
他在一次会议中被邀请与对手
So it was beyond perfect when he was asked to speak
著名的多头布鲁斯·米勒对峙
at a conference opposite Bruce Miller,
实在太完美了
the famous bullish investor.
他和马克辩论以后 格林斯潘
After he and Mark had their debate, Alan Greenspan,
整个危机的铸造者之一也会讲话
one of the architects of the whole crisis was scheduled to speak.
马克办公室的每个人都到场了
Everyone in Mark’s office showed up,
他甚至还邀请了朋友
he even invited friends.
这是金融界的阿里大战福尔曼
This was the Ali vs. Foreman of the financial world.
现实主义大战傻瓜
The realist versus the fools.
如果这听上去太完美了 相信我 这是真的
And if it seems almost too perfect, trust me, this happened.
欢迎大家 有请
Welcome, everyone. Please give a generous welcome to
布鲁斯·米勒先生和马克·鲍姆先生
Mr. Bruce Miller and Mark Baum.
系好安全带
Strap yourself in.
有些人或许已经知道 贝尔斯通
So as some of you may know, Bear Stearns
刚收到摩根大通的贷款
has just received a loan from JP Morgan.
当然我们要等待观察
Of course, we’re gonna have to wait and see
市场的反应
how the markets react,
但这应该解决了关于银行状况的担忧
but that should lay to rest any concerns about the bank’s health.
我的理解是你不准备
Now, I take it you have no plans
卖♥♥掉你手中2亿的贝尔股票
to sell your $200 million in Bear stock?
不 实际上 我们这里结束了
No. As a matter of fact, when we’re done here,
我可能还会去多买♥♥一点
I’ll probably go out and buy some more.
反面观点 鲍姆先生
For the opposing view, Mr. Baum.
我要站起来说
I got to stand for this.
好吧 你们好
Okay, hi.
我司的观点很简单
My firm’s thesis is pretty simple.
华尔街把一个好主意 路易斯·拉涅利的房♥贷债券
Wall Street took a good idea, Lewis Ranieri’s mortgage bond,
变成了一颗
and turned it into an atomic bomb
骗局与愚蠢交织的原♥子♥弹♥
of fraud and stupidity
并且正要炸毁世界经济
that’s on its way to decimating the world economy.
你怎么感觉到的
How do you really feel?
很高兴你还能开玩笑
I’m glad you still have a sense of humor.
如果我是你就不会这样
I wouldn’t if I were you.
任何认识我的人都知道
Now, anyone who knows me knows that
我对别人的的错误直言不讳
I have no problem telling someone they’re wrong.
贝尔斯登否认流动性问题的传闻
Bear Stearns is denying rumors of liquidity problems.
贝尔47
贝尔41
天哪 39了
Holy fuck, it’s 39 now!
美国生活在一个诈骗时代
We live in an era of fraud in America.
不仅在银行业 也在政♥府♥
Not just in banking, but in government,
教育 宗教 食品
education, religion, food,
甚至棒球
even baseball.
困扰我的并不是
What bothers me isn’t that
欺诈不好或者欺诈很坏
fraud is not nice or that fraud is mean.
而是150世纪以来
It’s that for 15,000 years
行骗和短视
fraud and short-sighted thinking
从来没有成功过
have never, ever worked.
天哪 贝尔37了 -没有一次
– Jesus, Bear at 37… – Not once.
最终 人被抓 事变糟
Eventually, people get caught, things go south.
直线下跌
It’s fucking plummeting, man.
我们什么时候忘记这些的
When the hell did we forget all that?
我以为我们更聪明 我真这么以为
I thought we were better than this. I really did.
发现这个事实
And the fact that we’re not
并没让我感到轻松或是优越
doesn’t make me feel all right and superior.
我觉得 悲伤
It makes me feel… Sad.
我每刷新一下就看到新低
Every time I fucking hit “Refresh” It’s dropping, man.
看着虚华愚笨的
And as fun as it is to watch
华尔街犯错 赏心悦目
pompous, dumb Wall Streeters be wildly wrong,
你的确错了 先生
and you are wrong, sir,
我知道 事情的最后
I just know, that at the end of the day
付出代价的
average people are going to be the ones
却是普通民众
that are gonna have to pay for all this.
永远只是民众
Because they always, always do.
32了
It’s 32.
沉底了
It’s fucking tanked, man.
这是我要说的 谢谢
That’s my two cents. Thank you.
我去恶心一下德银
Let me drop a deuce at Deutsche.
我们的多头有反击吗
Does our bull have a response?
我只能说 华尔街的历史上
Only that, in the entire history of Wall Street,
从未有投资银行倒下
no investment bank has ever failed
除非那个银行犯了罪
unless caught in criminal activities.
对 我坚持贝尔斯通的乐观
So, yes, I stand by my Bear Stearns optimism.
米勒先生 对不起 很快地问个问题
Mr. Miller, I’m sorry. Quick question.
从你们开始发言
From the time you guys started talking,
贝尔斯通的股票已经跌了38%
Bear Stearns stock has fallen more than 38%.
你还会买♥♥更多吗
Would you still buy more?
对 我当然会买♥♥ 为什么不呢
Yeah, sure, of course I’d buy more. Why not?
嘭
Boom.
天哪
Jesus Christ!
第一部分称述就结束了
That concludes the first part of our presentation.
下一部分 我们邀请到著名的美联储前主席
Up next, we have the legendary former chairman of the Fed,
艾伦·格林斯潘
Alan Greenspan.
大家
Folks?
雷曼兄弟的雇员们今天离开
…employees of Lehman Brothers today,
这家华尔街巨头的股价已跌至0
as the Wall Street giant’s stock went to zero.
这家可敬的纽约银行破产
The collapse of the venerable New York bank
源于几个月以来的市场动荡
follows a tumultuous few months of market volatility
以及对世界经济的担忧
and fear in the world economy.
我一定要进去看看
I got to see inside.
怎么进去
How?
过来
Come on.
我把手♥机♥丢办公室了 也已经扔了通行证
I left my phone in the office. I threw my pass out already.
不介意我借你的用一下吧
Do you mind if I take your pass?
我不在乎这个了 随便你
I don’t give a shit anymore. You can do what you want.
直接走去你的交通工具