我听说他在弗罗里达的什么地方
Yeah. I heard he’s down in Florida somewhere.
上一次 我听人说
Last I heard, somebody said
他拿下了汉堡王整个连锁店的项目
that he had a whole chain of burger kings.
这肯定是全国最大的连锁企业
Well, I wouldn’t doubt if it was the biggest goddamn chain in the state.
默多克的时代已经过去了
But the days of Murdock are behind us.
如今是莱利和菲尔的时代
Now it’s the days of Larry and Phil.
菲尔 莱利 和鲍勃的时代
Phil and Larry and Bob.
他妈的三打算大干一场的人
3 guys who are about to be royally fucked up the ass.
我们会没事的
We’ll be all right.
你确定吗
You think so, huh?
当然
Sure.
我希望你是对的
Well, I hope you’re right for our sake,
让富勒先生就这样从我们指间溜走
because letting Mr. Fuller slip through our fingers like this
可视为我们的失职啊
could be construed as an act of incompetence.
这下脸可丢大了
It makes us look pretty damn bad.
你刚刚是说富勒吗?
Did you say Fuller?
对啊
Yeah.
迪克 富勒?
Dick fuller?
对啊 迪克 理查德 怎么了 你认识他
Yeah. Dick, Richard. Why? You know him?
我刚刚就是和他聊的天啊
That was the guy I was talking to.
你刚刚 什么
What do you… what?
养狗的那个人 就是迪克 富勒
The guy with the dogs. That was Dick Fuller.
哦 得了吧
Oh, get out of here.
是真的 看 他还给了我张名片
No, I’m serious. Look, he even gave me his card.
我个傻♥逼♥
I’ll be a son of a bitch.
让我看看
Let me see it.
我以为你确认过所有人的姓名牌
I thought you checked everybody’s name tag.
我是确认过所有人的姓名牌啊
I did check everybody’s name tag,
对于没有佩戴姓名牌的人
and anybody that wasn’t wearing a name tag,
我还会上前问 “阁下怎么称呼”
I came right out and said, “what’s your name?”
他没有佩戴他的姓名牌
He wasn’t wearing his name tag.
什么?
What?
我是说 他佩戴的不是他自己的姓名牌
No, I mean, he wasn’t wearing his own.
应该是其他人的
I think it was someone else’s.
可他干嘛要戴着
Why on earth would he be wearing
其他人的姓名牌呢 鲍勃
somebody else’s name tag, Bob?
我不知道 看起来 在来这之前
Beats me. It looks like he had a couple of drinks
他就喝过几杯酒了
before he got here.
也许他跟其他人交换了姓名牌
Maybe he swapped it with someone.
给我的感觉是他想一个人待着
I got the impression he wanted to be left alone.
对于他失去了他的狗 他很伤心
He was awful broken up about the dog.
我他妈简直无法相信
I do not fucking believe this.
我们居然让迪克 富勒这只
We had Dick Fuller right here within our grasp,
煮熟的鸭子飞了
and we let him slip through our fingers!
抱歉
Sorry.
鲍勃 这不是你的错
It’s not your fault, Bob.
他来了 他真的来了 我们本可以拿下他的
We had him, we had him. He was ours.
下次不管人家有没有戴名牌
Next time you ask people’s names
你都要问清楚人家的名字
whether they’re wearing badges or not.
弱弱的说一句
Well, I’ll give you a little piece of information…
没有下次了 朋友
there will be no next time for us, my friend.
迪克 富勒本可以完全在我们掌控之中的
We had Dick Fuller within our sphere of influence,
结果我们连一个字都没跟他说上
and we let him walk out of here without hearing from us
就让他走了
a word of what we had to say.
没事的
We’ll be all right.
你们都聊了些什么 鲍勃
What did you guys talk about, Bob?

Just…
就聊天啊
I don’t know. Stuff.
你可以具体一点吗
Well, could you be a little more specific?
是聊了体育 天气 还是其他
Did you talk sports, weather, what?
主要都在聊狗
Dogs mostly.
就狗吗 没聊其他的吗
That’s it? Nothing else?
还聊了家庭
That and stuff about our families.
他问起我的老婆
He asked about my wife.
你老婆
Your wife?
对啊
Yeah.
他问了你老婆什么
What did he want to know about your wife?
没什么 他就随便问了问
Nothing. He just asked.
你跟他说了吗 只要他肯考虑给我们点生意做做
Did you tell him he could have her if he wanted, in consideration
如果他想要的话 老婆可以送给他
for throwing a little business our way?
别这样
Larry.
好吧 你们到底聊了些什么 鲍勃
Well, what? What did you talk about, Bob?

Well…
就 我也不知道
Just… I don’t know.
宗教吧
Religion some.
你和一个美国中西部最大的制♥造♥业
You talked to the president of one of the largest manufacturing firms
之一的总裁聊宗教
in all of the midwest about religion?
他这么牛吗 我不知道啊
Is that who he is? I didn’t know.
好吧 等等 等等
Ok, wait, wait, wait.
你怎么跟他说的 关于宗教你都说了些什么
What did you say to him? What exactly did you tell him about religion?
我们就随便说说
We just talked.
你没有反驳他吧 对吗
You didn’t contradict him, did you?
没有
No.
谢天谢地 当客户谈论宗教时
Thank god. That’s the first rule
第一原则就是不要反驳他
about talking religion at a convention, is do not contradict the client.
不对 当我没说 那是第二原则
No. I take that back. That’s the second rule.
第一原则是 千万不要
The first rule about talking religion at a convention is don’t.
不要干嘛
Don’t what?
不要谈论这个话题
Don’t do it.
可我谈了这个话题 也没怎么样啊
Well, we seem to have survived.
那当时你反驳他了吗
Did you contradict him?
没有
No.
所以才没怎么样啊 鲍勃
Well, then that’s why, Bob.
这才是真正的原因
That’s the reason you survived.
我觉得我们聊的挺开心的
I thought it was a nice chat.
你和迪克 富勒到底
How did you end up talking about religion
怎么会聊到宗教这个话题的呢
with Dick Fuller in the first place?
因为一直在聊他去世的狗狗们 就聊到了宗教
It just came up with the stories of his dogs dying and all.
你告诉他狗狗们都在天堂
You told him his dogs were in heaven?
没有
No.
你告诉他狗狗们都在地狱
You told him his dogs were in hell?
怎么可能
Of course not.
那你说了什么 鲍勃
Well, then what, Bob?
你到跟他底说了什么
What exactly did you say to the man?
我们就 开始聊
We just… we started talking.
这些狗的事情只是一个铺垫
The thing about the dogs was just a lead-in.
我们后来聊到了生与死
It got us talking about life and death.
是个铺垫 鲍勃
It was a lead-in, bob?
对啊
Sure.
你的意思是 是你想
Which implies, does it not, that you were looking
借这个话题谈谈生与死
for the opportunity to talk about life and death?
是的 大概 当然
Sure. I guess so. Sure.
别说”当然” 什么叫”当然”
Well, no, don’t say, “sure.” It’s not like, “sure.”
我不太明白啊 鲍勃
How am I supposed to know, Bob?
一般人不会在和陌生人
Most people don’t go around
第一次聊天的时候就找机会
looking for opportunities to strike up conversations
谈生与死啊
with total strangers about life and death
宗教信仰啊 这些的
and religion and things of that ilk.
有些人就会啊
Some people do.
有些人 对 我觉得也是
Some people, yeah, I guess.
有些人的确会 而且你明显就是其中之一
Some people, and apparently you’re one of them.
但大多数人是不会这么做的 鲍勃
But most people? No, Bob.
对于大多数人 你问他们 对于生与死的看法
Most people, if you ask them about life and death,
他们会说”嘿 活着很好 死了不好 句号♥”
they say, “hey, life is good, death is bad, the end.”
他们才不会借题发挥
They don’t go around looking for opportunities.
我可能不属于大多数人
Well, then I guess I’m not most people.
鲍勃 你应该是对的
Bob, that’s probably true.
老实说 你这么说太客气了
I would say that’s very safe to say.
我只是觉得让大家知道
I just think it’s important
你的信仰 很重要
to let people know what you believe.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!