没有
No.
算了 当我没说
Oh, well, then forget about it.
我们在说一个咱们公♥司♥迄今为止所见过的
We’re talking about a man who represents as an entity
或者说本来应该已经见到的
the largest single account this company has
最大的客户
or probably ever would have seen.
是潜在客户
Potential account.
对 潜在客户 是啊
Oh, potential, yeah.
谢谢你提醒我啊 菲尔
It’s good of you to point that out, phil.
潜在客户 不然还能怎样
Potential. What could have been.
这是我们的工作啊 同志们
Because it was our job, compadres,
把潜在客户变成实在客户
to turn that potentiality into reality.
让他从金库里走出来
To have it show up in the coffers.
讨好这位大老板
To court this gentleman.
必要时还要承诺为他效劳
To promise him favors, if necessary,
把他拉到我们这边
to get him on our side,
但是在这方面我们是赢了还是输了
but did we succeed in this regard, or did we fail?
让我们举手表决看看吧
Let’s see a show of hands.
我们不会有事的
We’ll be all right.
是啊 我们当然不会有事
Yeah, of course we’ll be all right.
除非他们把我们的身体从河里拽出来
Once they drag our bodies from the river
把我们的灵魂送到月球去 那肯定没事
and send our spirits to the moon. Then sure.
都是中间人 菲尔
It’s all the intermediate stuff, phil.
这实际上就是活生生地剥皮
It’s the actual process of being skinned alive
然后放火烧 这是很难的一步
and set fire to… that’s the difficult part.
剩下的就是小菜一碟
The rest is duck soup.
你一定要去找这个人吗
You had to go searching for this guy?
是我们一定要 鲍勃
We had to, bob.
我们不应该但是一定要找
We weren’t supposed to, but, yes, we had to.
他本来今晚应该来的
He was supposed to have shown up here tonight.
某人应该哄他上来喝一杯
Someone was supposed to have lured him up here for a drink.
你看我♥干♥什么
What are you looking at me for?
该我的我都做了
I done my job.
你打电♥话♥给他了吗
You phoned him?
废话 我当然打了
You’re goddamn right I phoned him.
你是直接跟他本人通话吗
And you spoke to him direct.
我和他秘书通的电♥话♥
I talked to his secretary.
啊 天哪
Eee! God!
他当时在跟别人打长途
He was on a long-distance call.
他秘书向我保证他会来的
She assured me that he’d be here.
是吗 她向你保证
Oh, she assured you?
好了 猜怎么着 她耍你的
Well, guess what. She was joking.
她大概叫上了她那帮秘书朋友
She probably had a bunch of her secretary friends
一起围在听筒旁边说
all gathered around the speakerphone saying,
“看这傻♥逼♥”
“Watch this.”
我敢说她就在一旁站着
I bet she does standup on the side.
可能发生了什么事吧
Something probably just happened.
我想很明显是发生了什么事
I think it’s rather obvious that something happened.
也许他只是最后一刻突然病了
Maybe he just pulled up sick at the last minute.
哦不 不 不 他在这里 他就在这里好吗
Oh, no, no, no, he’s here, he’s here all right.
我刚才整个晚上一直都有听到
I’ve heard his name bantered about all night long
别人拿他的名字打趣
in the present tense.
他就在这里 朋友们
He’s here, my friends.
可他就是不在这里
He just isn’t here!
如果你明白我说的细微差异
If you get my subtle nuance.
那么
Well…
总之我们只有另想别的办法了
We just have to figure out some other way is all.
菲尔 你聋了吗
Phil, are you deaf?
我们失去这个人了
We lost the man.
他受邀请了却没有来
He was invited, but he did not come.
现在我们就像气候恶化时的恐龙
We’re like the dinosaurs when the climate changed.
还有什么理由苟活
There is no longer any reason for us to roam the earth.
你们为什么不安排一个正式的预约
Why can’t you just schedule an appointment
去拜访他呢
and go and see him?
鲍勃 跟这种人你不能预约
You don’t schedule an appointment with this guy, bob.
他是总裁 他只会把你打发给他的手下
He’s the president. He refers you to his people.
那为什么不找他的手下呢
So why not go see his people?
因为他们个个都没脑子
Because they’re all dildos, every single one of them.
所以你有时就必须略过这些小人物
Sometimes you have to go past the smaller minds.
去巴结那些高级一点的人物
You have to cozy up to someone a little higher on the ladder
那些有决定权说 “嘿 你知道吗
who can say, “hey, you know what?
我很想尝试一下你们的新产品
“I would really like to try some of those new products,
我要么买♥♥一些尝试一下
“so either buy some and try it,
要么你就滚开 你被炒了”的人
or get the fuck out because you’re fired.”
等到早上我会再打个电♥话♥给他的秘书
I’m gonna put another call in to his secretary in the morning.
菲尔 你都没在听我说话吗
Phil, are you not hearing a word I’m saying?
这就是侥幸心理吧
I realize it’s human nature
认为我们还有机会
to think we stand another chance with this guy,
醒醒吧 好吗
but it’s fantasy, man.
我们明天就回芝加哥
We’re gonna go back to Chicago tomorrow,
埃文斯会对我们说 “嘿 菲尔 莱利 鲍勃
and Evans is gonna say, “hey, Phil, Larry, Bob,
来我办公室
“come into my office.
我有事找你们
“I have something for you.
给我跪下”
Bend over.”
所以 鲍勃 你真打算进这一行吗
So what do you think, Bob, you want to do this for a living?
我不知道 我只是觉得很有趣
I don’t know. I thought it was kind of interesting.
是吗 怎么说
Oh, yeah, how so?
你可以听到很多有趣的事情
You get to hear a lot of interesting stories.
确实是
That you do.
这些故事确实比一整晚
They’re far outweighed by the horseshit
面对堆积如山的文件要有趣
that flies across the room all night long,
只要你想听 就一直有
but they’re there to listen for if you want.
总是会有这么多人来参加吗
Are there always this many people?
只是看起来很多人 鲍勃
They just look like a lot of people, Bob,
因为这房♥间太特么小了
’cause the room’s so damn small.
莱利
Larry.
对不起 之前胡萝卜条吃多了
Sorry. The carrot stick’s gone to my head.
刚刚有个人一直在跟我说他的狗
I met a guy who started talking to me about dogs.
是吗 狗怎么了
Yeah, what about dogs?
就是他一直都会养条狗
Just that he’s always owned one.
不管怎么样 他这一辈子都会
He told me that one way or the other,
都会养狗
he’s owned a dog his entire life.
他比较喜欢养德国牧羊犬
Most of them german shepherds.
这没什么特别的啊 鲍勃 很多人都养狗
It’s not that unusual, Bob. A lot of people have dogs.
我知道啊 但这个话题打开了我们的话匣子
Oh, I know, but that got us started on all sorts of things.
因为他上一只狗咬了别人
Turns out that he had to have his last one put to sleep
所以他不得不把它安乐死
’cause it bit someone,
于是他就告诉了我再上一只狗的故事
so then he started telling me about the one before that
然后再上一只的故事
and the one before that,
然后再上一只的故事
And the one before that.
然后你发现 通过这些狗的故事
Before you knew it, we traced his entire life
你浏览了他的整个人生
through this series of dogs.
他大多数养的狗都是德国牧羊犬
Mostly german shepherds.
我真希望默多克在这
I wish to hell Murdock was here.
默多克是谁
Who’s Murdock?
戴尔 默多克
Dale Murdock.
全公♥司♥最牛的市场专员
The best damn marketing rep this company has ever seen.
天啊 人才啊
God, jesus, what a talent.
很成功吗
Successful?
不只是成功
Oh, more than just successful, man.
这个人 他有天赋
This guy… He had the gift.
就像
You know how like…
你看一些运动员在训练或比赛的时候
When you’re watching some athletes do what they’re doing,
他们的技能像是与生俱来的
it’s like they’re remembering something they’ve always known
而不是后天学习的
instead of something they had to learn.
默多克就是这样的
Well, that’s what it was like with Murdock,
只是他不懂和人打交道
except only with people.
他现在在哪呢
Where is he now?
谁 默多克吗
Who? Murdock?

Yeah.
他正在享受他的奖赏呢
Oh. He’s gone on to his great reward.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!