那你们失去这个客户了吗
Did you lose the account?
当然失去了
Well, of course we lost the account.
鲍勃 想要留住一个回头客
Bob, you can’t speak to a man like that
你可不能学我那样跟人说话
and expect to keep the account.
如果你真的说了
And if you do…
如果你真的那样骂别人了 你看到他放下叉子
if you say that to a man, and he puts down his fork,
然后对你说”鲍勃
and he says, “bob,
你说的真是太对了
“you are absolutely right.
从我坐下开始 我就一直在假装
“I have been faking like I know what I’m talking about
假装我知道自己在说些什么 对不起
“from the moment I sat down, and I’m sorry.
不是对你说 我又不欠你什么
“Not to you, because I don’t owe you anything,
而是对我自己说
“but to myself,
因为我想做一个最好的人
“because I want to be the best human being.
我也许能做到
“I can possibly be,
但是首先我要做个诚实的人”
and I want to be honest above all else.”
那你就别想什么客户了
Well, then you forget about the account, bob.
什么也别想了
You forget about everything.
你就可以去把头剃了 穿上喇♥嘛♥袍
You shave your head, you put on a saffron robe,
在机场卖♥♥那个人的画像了
you sell pictures of this guy at the airport,
因为他已经证明了他是大无畏者
because he has no fear, and he’s just proved it.
他应该被崇拜
He deserves to be worshipped.
哇哦
Wow.
“哇哦”就对了 鲍勃
“Wow” is right, bob.
“哇哦”这个词用的相当精准
“Wow” sums it up quite nicely.
我是说 真不敢相信你居然真说了那样的话
I mean, I can’t believe you actually said that.
听我的 鲍勃 为了你自己
Do yourself a favor, bob.
什么
What’s that?
千万别变成那种骗子
Don’t ever become one of those people.
不会的
No, I wouldn’t…
因为我不想在吃午饭的时候
I don’t want to have to confront you at lunch
也像那样骂的你狗血喷头 但我会的
one day like that other guy, but I will,
这是为了你好 我挺喜欢你的
for your own good, because I like you.
好吧
Sure.
你还好吗 鲍勃
You all right, bob?
没事 我只是想去洗手间
Yeah. I just need to use the rest room.
要纸吗
Want me to fix you something while you’re on the throne?
不用了 谢谢
No, thanks. I just need to go.
你受什么刺♥激♥了
Who wound you up?
没人刺♥激♥我 我就是很兴奋
Nobody wound me up. I’m just excited, that’s all.
我们今晚要谈生意 菲尔
We’re gonna do some business tonight, phil.
连空气里都是生意的气息 你闻到了吗
There’s business in the air. Do you smell it?
那种能让客户数量暴增的气息
It’s the kind of air that makes account ledgers grow.
今晚对咱们来说最重要的
There’s only one account ledger
只有一个客户
that matters to us tonight.
我们会成的 你看着吧
We’re gonna get that one, too. You watch.
到时候富勒会走进这扇门
Fuller’s gonna come walking through that door,
他只要看一眼
he’s gonna take one look around.
就会震撼不已
He will be so overwhelmed
因为他正站在十六楼
with the fact that he’s on the 16th floor,
俯瞰整个威奇托市
overlooking all of wichita
像个帝王一样
like some ancient king
俯瞰自己的王土 本人预测
surveying his fiefdom, larry predicts,
他会说”你跟我谈眼光
that he will say, “you talk to me about moxie?
任何一个有审美的 首选择这里
“Anybody with the aesthetic wherewithal to pick this
作为接待套房♥的人
“of all places for a hospitality suite
一定能优先给我在加里的工厂
“must certainly have the right line of industrial lubricants
提供优质的工业润滑剂
“for my plant in gary.
要怎样才能让你们把你们所有产品
“What would it take to get you guys to sell me
都卖♥♥给我呢
“everything you could make?
到底要我私下给多少钱贿赂你们才肯卖♥♥我”
How much can I pay you personally, as a bribe?”
他一定会这么说的 对吧
He’s gonna say all that, is he?
一字不差
Word for word.
你知道我会怎么对他说吗
And you know what I’m gonna say to him?
我会说”富勒先生 您说的太对了
I’m gonna say, “mr. Fuller, you are absolutely right.
我们确实有您需要的
“We do have the right line of industrial lubricants
最优质工业润滑剂
“for your application,
与您做这笔生意我深感荣幸
“and I’d personally be proud to handle the account myself.
但为了我们双方更好地认识彼此
“But there is one thing I ask of you as a favor,
我这里有一个小小的请求
to help us get better acquainted.”
什么
What’s that?
请您收了我做姘头吧
“That you take me as your concubine,
如果你觉得菲尔更好看的话 收他也行
or phil if you think he’s better looking.”
你真的认为他会同意吗
You really think he’s gonna go for us, huh?
必须的
He has to, phil.
万一不呢
What if he doesn’t?
万一生意谈不成吗 嗯
If he doesn’t go for us? Yeah.
那我们就卷卷铺盖
Then what we do is we get up tomorrow morning,
搭明早的头趟航♥班♥回去
we pack our bags, we catch the breakfast flight home,
在两点半的时候晃进办公室
we wander into the office around half past 2:00,
用领带在厕所里上吊好了
and then we hang ourselves in the bathroom by our ties.
你知道他长什么样吗
Do you even know what he looks like?
不知道 你呢
No. You?
一点不记得
I haven’t the foggiest idea.
鲍勃知道吗
What about bob?
他怎么会知道富勒长什么样
Bob? How’s bob gonna know what he looks like?
好吧 没关系
Oh, yeah. Well, it doesn’t matter.
这就是销♥售♥会议的魅力所在
That’s one of the great things about conventions.
上帝的所有孩子都贴着姓名牌
All god’s children wear name tags.
尤其像富勒这样的人 有可能还贴着
Especially a guy like this. Probably had one specially made
闪眼的霓虹姓名牌 写着”迪克富勒主席
in neon, you know, “dick fuller, president.
绰号♥:大人物卡胡纳”
Nickname: El kahuna grande.”
我只希望他能戴一枚我能亲吻的大戒指
I’m only hopping he’s wearing a ring I can kiss.
菲尔 这是什么
Phil, what is that?
衣服架啊
It’s a coat rack.
嗯 我知道那是衣服架
Well, I know it’s a coatrack.
把它放这儿干什么
What’s it doing in here?
挂外套啊
It’s for coats.
那谁会穿外套来啊
Well, who the hell is gonna bring a coat?
我们都在一个酒店里
We’re all in the same damn hotel.
把它拿出去吧
Let’s get it out of here.
这里空间不太够
There’s little enough room in here as it is.
我只想准备周全
I just wanted to be prepared.
要是这里没有衣服架 你又会说
If I don’t have a coat rack, you’re gonna say,
“菲尔 衣服架在哪”
“phil, where’s the coatrack?”
那现在我们知道它在哪了
Well, now we know where it is.
就在走道外面
It’s out in the hall.
他在里面没事吧
Is he all right in there?
我想他感觉不太好
I don’t think he’s feeling very well.
是吗 怎么会
Really? How come?
也许是紧张
Maybe it’s nerves.
也许他只是受不了像你这样的人
Maybe he just couldn’t take the likes of you.
什么
What?
尤其是你刚才说话像吃枪药的样子
Especially when you come at him with both barrels like that.
什么 我有吗
What, me?
没有 我只是和他聊聊天
No, I was just talkin’ to him.
他是个好孩子
He’s a good kid.
他当然是个好孩子
Of course he’s a good kid.
他要不是的话我才不会浪费我的时间
I wouldn’t waste my time with him if he wasn’t.
你知道的 我最不需要做的就是
You know, that’s the last thing I need to do
讨好同行里的其他混♥蛋♥
is grease another asshole for the lubricant industry.
还有 他在很多方面让我想起你
Besides, he reminds me of you in a lot of ways.
不 不会 他让你想起你自己
No, he doesn’t. He reminds you of yourself.
有区别吗 咱们俩那么像
Yeah, but I take after you, so it all works out.
我可不想这些家伙
I don’t want any of these bozos
打长途电♥话♥
making long-distance calls.
那就把它从清单上划掉
Well, take it off the bill.
那谁知道呢 也许他只是在尽情享受
Or who knows? Maybe he’s just basking in the experience.
在厕所里面享受
Going to the bathroom?
是啊 你进过厕所里面吗
Yeah. Have you been in there yet?
没有 为什么
No, why?