哦 老天啊
Oh, jesus christ.
如果我早知道你们要找的就是他
If I had known that you were supposed to get in touch with the guy,
我一定会告诉你们的
then I would have told you.
我会想法设法让你们知道的
I would have alerted you somehow.
这不是你的错 鲍勃
It’s not your fault, Bob.
菲尔
Phil!
他知道什么 他不过就是和人聊聊天罢了
How was he to know? He was just talking to the guy.
聊天 是啊 但他并没有倾听
Talking to the guy, yes, but listening?
他一点也没有
No, I don’t think so.
至少他没有抓住这个
At least not for the opportunities
为公♥司♥增加利益的机会
to advance the interests of the company.
你们如果只是随便聊些普通的话题
Maybe if the conversation had stayed on a more temporal plane,
像是聊聊奶油 黄油
then maybe, perhaps, it might have worked itself around
或许一切就都会顺理成章的
to the subject of where lubricants might have been mentioned!
这谁也说不准
You don’t know that.
我认为这话题虽然奇怪 但也比宗教好多了
I think the odds are a hell of a lot better, but as it was,
但某人就是要聊一些
the conversation was not allowed to have a natural course
非平常的话题
because somebody was at the helm directing it.
我说的对吗 鲍勃
Am I right, Bob?
我感觉这人只是想一个人待着
Sounds to me like the guy just wanted to be left alone.
你明知道这并不是重点
That is not the point, and you know it.
菲尔说的对 他就是给人这种感觉
Phil’s right. He practically came out and said it.
伙伴们 朋友们 同志们 这本来就是
Well, guys, friends, compadres, it was our task at hand
我们的工作 引起他对我们项目的兴趣
to overcome that desire of his for a little while,
而且我向你保证
to garner his interest, and I submit to you,
他绝不是想一个人待着
he did not want to be left alone.
如果他真这么想 他就一晚上呆在自己的房♥间好啦
If he had, he would have stayed in his hotel room all night long.
他不会来到豪华套房♥ 找人聊天啊
He would not have gone around cruising the hospitality suites in search of conversation.
我向你保证 他绝对不是想自己一个人待着
I submit to you he did not wish to be left alone,
他只是不想聊工作
but only not to talk business.
对啊 那这样的话我们一样没戏
In which case we’re out of luck anyway.
哦 别这样 菲尔
Oh, now, phil, come on.
总会有转机的 我知道你也是这么想的
You know there’s ways around that, and you know it.
我们不是要缠着他 只是要告诉他我们大老远过来是为了什么
Not to badger the man, but to let him know what we came here to tell him.
这才是重点
That’s what I’m saying.
听着 我很抱歉
Look, I’m sorry.
道歉有什么用 道歉现在对我们来说一文不值
It’s no good to be sorry. It doesn’t do us any good now.
那我能做些什么来弥补呢?
What else can I do?
不能 你做什么都弥补不了
Nothing! There is nothing you can do now
在这个节骨眼上 做什么都没用
at this juncture, nothing!
他有没有提到过他会住在哪
Did he happen to mention where he was staying?
这个酒店的什么地方吧
Somewhere in the hotel.
这个酒店
This hotel?

Yes.
你要干嘛 莱利 大半夜的敲他的房♥门吗
What are you gonna do, Larry, bang on his door after midnight?
问问也不行吗 问一下犯法吗
I’m just asking. Is there a crime in that?
我只是在想明天早上或许我们
I’m thinking maybe tomorrow morning we could run into him
downstairs accidentally.
in the coffee shop
但我们不知道他长什么样啊
We don’t know what he looks like.
鲍勃知道啊
Well, Bob does.
我绝对愿意帮忙
I’d be willing to do that.
这张名片背后写的什么 鲍勃
What’s all this business on the back of his card, Bob?
他写了这里结束之后他会去的另一个地方
That’s where he said he was going after he left here.
什么 什么
What? What?
就在街尾的另一家酒店 是个私人聚会
Some kind of private party at the hotel down the street.
那我们还在这里干什么 我们快去啊
Well, what the hell are we doing here? Let’s go.
我们不能去
We can’t.
为什么不能
Why not?
有邀请函才能去
It’s by invitation only.
所以呢
So?
所以我认为我们就这样闯进去的话 他会生气的
So I think he’d get mad if we all showed up like that.
他强调了这个是很私人的聚会
He made a big point about saying how private it was.
你知道吗 这你放心好了
You know what? That’s the least of our worries right now.
如果他看到我们生气了 我们到了再解决就好了 拿上你的外套
If he gets mad, we’ll deal with it when we get there. Grab your coats.
别着急 莱利
Not so fast, Larry.
怎么了
What?
我觉得鲍勃或许是对的
I think Bob may be right.
我们总不能打扰到他吧
We don’t want to barge in on this guy.
菲尔
Phil!
你好好想想
Well, think about it.
你真的打算就这么闯进他的私人聚会
You really want to piss this guy off
然后惹怒他吗
by crashing some exclusive party?
而且谁知道还有谁会在那呢
Not to mention whoever else might be there.
那你打算怎么做
So what do you suggest we do,
待在这里互相指责吗
stand around here in a circle jerk
使这个千载难逢的机会从我们指间溜走吗
while the account of a lifetime slips through our fingers?
不是 当然不是
No, no.
那你什么意思
Well, what, then?
我觉得我们可以派鲍勃去
I think we send Bob.
什么
What?
他把这张卡给你作为是你的邀请函 是吗
Look, he gave you that thing as an invitation, right?
对 他说有这张卡 我就能进去
Yeah. He said it would get me in.
菲尔 菲尔 菲尔 菲尔 别这么对我
Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil, don’t do this to me, man.
我们还有其他选择吗
What choice do we have?
这是我们唯一能进入聚会而不惹怒他的机会
That is our only legitimate way in there.
而且 他认得鲍勃
Besides, he knows Bob.
他们聊过天
They talked.
鲍勃可以进去
Bob’s got an in.
你把我们的未来交到了一个孩子的手上
You are putting our future in the hands of a kid.
别这么说 一切都会好的
No. It’s gonna be all right.
给我一张你的名片
Give me your card.
哦 天啊
Oh, jesus christ.
好了
All right.
坐下 我来教你怎么做
Here’s what I want you to do. Sit down.
听我说
Listen to me.
我在听
I’m listening.
很好 我希望你这么做
All right, here’s what I want you to do.
我希望你去街尾的酒店
I want you to go down the street
试试你能否找到富勒先生
and see if you can find Mr. Fuller.
如果你很幸运的找到了他
If you’re fortunate and he is still there,
我希望你把我们的名片给他
I want you to give him our business cards.
告诉他我们十分期望
Tell him that we are very anxious
可以尽快
to meet with him
与他会面
as soon as is humanly possible.
你明白了吗
You got that?
尽快
Soon as humanly possible.
很好 告诉他我们明天一上午
Ok. Tell him we’ll be around the hotel
都会待在酒店
all morning tomorrow.
他可以直接来找我们或者通过名片上的电♥话♥联♥系♥我们
He can reach us here or at the numbers on these cards.
记住了吗 拿着 请他
All right? Here. Ask him…
请他联♥系♥莱利或者我都可以
ask him to please get ahold of either Larry or me
因为我们想和他简单的谈一桩生意
because we would like to speak to him very briefly about business.
生意
Business.
只谈生意
Just business.
解释给他听 我们知道他很忙
Explain to him, we know that he’s very busy,
我们不会占用他很多时间
we won’t take up much time,
但我们必须当面谈一下
but there are a few things that we need to discuss.
好了 你都记住了吗 鲍勃
Now, do you have that, Bob?
记住了 我试试吧
Yeah, I’ll try.
很好 现在 你只需要 听我说
All right, now, all you have to do… listen to me.
你只需要把名片给他就可以了
All you have to do is give him the cards and leave.
如果他想跟我聊天怎么办
What if he wants to talk?
那你就聊啊 鲍勃 无论他想聊多久
Well, then you talk, Bob. You talk as long as he wants…
哪怕要聊个一年半载 聊到他不想聊为止
40 days and 40 nights if you have to until he tires of it…
然后你再回来 告诉我们情况怎么样
and then you come back here and you tell us what happened.
你们会一直等着
You’ll wait up?
我们会一直等下去 等到下个财务季度
Till the next fiscal quarter.
再久的话 我就不能保证了
Beyond that I can’t make any guarantees.
别担心 你可以的
Don’t worry about it. You’re gonna do fine.
是的 你可以的 鲍勃 我为刚刚对你的质疑道歉
Yeah, you’ll do fine, bob. I’m sorry for doubting you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!