没有格拉兹了 他死了!
There ain’t no Grazzi, he’s dead!
什么时候? – 七年前
Since when? – Seven years.
我见过越洋电报
I’ve seen cablegrams.
布朗发的越洋电报 布朗杀了他
Brown sent those cablegrams. Brown killed him.
布朗让他活着让弟兄们俯首贴耳
Brown kept him alive to keep the boys in line.
为什么你们没有看紧这个洛薇儿小姐?
Why haven’t you guys been chaperoning this Miss Lowell dame?
你们想知道她在哪吗?她在帮助警♥察♥
You want to know where she is? She’s helping the police.
看起来布朗先生已经失去了魅力
Seems like Mr. Brown has lost his charm.
你有什么建议?
What would you suggest?
做掉他
Kill him.
今晚就做掉他 不要等到明天
Kill him tonight, not tomorrow.
布朗先生会死得很快
Mr. Brown will be dead soon enough.
因为他长♥期♥的两面三刀 弟兄们会灭了他
The boys will take care of him for his long double-cross.
但如果我们现在速速动手…
But if we do it now, fast…
会让很多人免遭很多麻烦
that would save a lot of people a lot of trouble.
我们会比以前更有地位
We’ll be in more solid than ever.
而不是为布朗东奔西走 伺候他所有的疯狂女人
Instead of running around for Brown and wet-nursing all his crazy dames,
我会教你们两个如何变成男人
I’m gonna show you two guys how to be men.
一切重头开始
Start all over.
这次慢慢教
Slower this time.
私人机场
我们来早了
We’re early.
他们说会在凌晨一点着陆
They said they’d land at 1:00am.
我不想迟到 他们从丹佛一路赶来
I didn’t want to be late, them coming all the way from Denver.
奇怪他们通过你传信 而不是按常规
Strange they sent word through you instead of the regular way.
这次不寻常 这次有特别的事
This isn’t regular, this is special.
他们说他们要20万小额钞票
They said they wanted 200 grand in small bills.
我带来了 但干什么用?
I got it right here, but what’s the pitch?
丹佛通常没啥动静 – 我不知道
Denver’s usually a quiet spot. – I don’t know.
我问了他们 但他们电♥话♥里不说
I asked them, but they wouldn’t tell me on the phone.
他们难道不给出理由吗?
Didn’t they give any reason?
没有给
No.
你觉得会是什么事?
What do you think it is?
我们很快会知道
We’ll know soon enough.
布朗先生 你现在感觉如何?
Well, Mr. Brown, how do you feel now?
不再这么强大了 嗯?
Not so big, huh?
你抢了我的工作 你抢了我的酒店
You took my job, you took my hotel.
你以为你能骑在我头上
You thought you could push me right off the earth.
你这个混混!你这个会计 你这个记账的
You punk! You accountant, you bookkeeper.
让他吃枪子 让他现在吃枪子 现在!
Let him have it. Let him have it now, right now!
等等!
Wait a minute!
怎么了 你们疯了?
What’s the matter, you fellas gone loony?
我是麦克卢尔 你们看不见吗? 我是麦克卢尔!
I’m McClure. Can’t you see me? This is McClure!
别动手 明戈!我给你钱!
Don’t do it, Mango! I’ll give you dough!
我全部的钱!一万!两万!一切!
All the dough I got! 10,000! 20,000! Everything!
不 方弟!别动手!
No, Fante! Don’t do it!
布朗先生!
Mr. Brown!
布朗先生!
Mr. Brown!
布朗先生 告诉他们不要动手!
Mr. Brown, tell them not to do it!
我会做你想要我做的任何事 我会走人!你会再也见不到我!
I’ll do anything you want, I’ll go away! You’ll never see me again!
求你 布朗先生! 不要只是站在那看他们杀我!
Please, Mr. Brown! Don’t just stand there and let ’em kill me!
求你 布朗先生
Please, Mr. Brown.
我不想死 告诉他们!求你告诉他们
I don’t want to die, tell ’em! Please tell ’em.
我为你感到遗憾 乔 所以我会帮你个忙
I feel sorry for you, Joe. So, I’m gonna do you a favor.
你不会听到子弹声
You won’t hear the bullets.
山姆 – 哎?
Sam. – ‘Yeah?’
告诉头儿我询问结束
Tell the Captain I finished my interrogation.
洛薇儿小姐
Miss Lowell.
你是个女警♥察♥?
Are you a policewoman?
不 你是谁?
No. – Who are you?
我叫苏珊·洛薇儿 我是…布朗先生的不利证人
My name is Susan Lowell. I’m… a witness against Mr. Brown.
我不是
I’m not.
我做不到!
I can’t do it!
我羞辱自己做得还不够吗?
Haven’t I humiliated myself enough?
没人做得够 只要他还逍遥法外
No one’s done enough while he’s still free.
我一直是布朗先生的女人
I’ve been Mr. Brown’s girl
过去四年以来
for the past four years.
他结交许多女人 她们都为他疯狂
He met lots of girls. They were all crazy about him.
我不为此自豪
I’m not proud of it.
那为什么你跟他四年?
Then, why’d you stay four years?
为什么你要开始? – 我不知道!
Why’d you start? – I don’t know!
不 不是真话 我耳闻 但是…
No, that’s not true. I… I was told, but…
我就是不相信
I just wouldn’t believe.
看一看她 艾丽西娅
Take a look at her, Alicia.
好好看一看 你能看到十年前的自己
Take a good look – you can see yourself ten years ago.
假如你只要开口说话 你的人生本会变得多么不同
If you had only spoken up then, how different your life would have been.
因为他杀死了你
Because he killed you.
他活埋了你
He buried you alive.
因为他是个谋杀犯
Because he’s a murderer.
他就是这个 谋杀犯 我不想听
That’s all he is, a murderer. – Don’t wanna hear it.
他杀了格拉兹 是不是? 你看见他干了 是不是?
He killed Grazzi, didn’t he? You saw him do it, didn’t you?
我从没说我看见了!
I never said I did!
此外…
Besides…
格拉兹死有应得
Grazzi deserved to die.
那么他三天前杀的姑娘呢?
And what about the girl he had killed three days ago?
她也死有应得吗?
Did she deserve to die, too?
什么姑娘?
What girl?
你记得这姑娘 我在疗养院告诉你的姑娘
You remember the girl. The girl I told you about at the sanatorium.
你记得! 不 我不记得!
You remember! – No, I don’t!
那我帮你记起来 这个姑娘!
Then I’ll refresh your memory. This girl!
一个他不认识的姑娘 从没碰面 从没见过
Someone he didn’t know, never met, never saw.
他们把11颗子弹打进她身体
They took eleven bullets from her body.
第二天早上洛薇儿小姐陪他吃早餐
The following morning, Miss Lowell had breakfast with him.
他点了培根加两个鸡蛋 告诉她 苏珊!
He ordered bacon and two eggs. Tell her, Susan!
告诉她他怎么边吃培根鸡蛋边看报纸!
Tell her how he ate his bacon and eggs while he looked at the papers
看这姑娘的尸体躺在停尸房♥
and saw the body of this girl lying in the morgue.
我会告诉你我知道的一切
I’ll tell whatever I know.
带她去检察官办公室录证词
We’ll take her to the DA’s office for a statement.
布朗夫人
Mrs. Brown.
583-583号♥车,请致电你的电台
‘Car 583-583, call your station.
583号♥车 呼叫你的电台 代码2
‘Car 583, call your station. Code 2.’
警长 警长 这是马洛先生 律师
Captain? Captain, this is Mr. Malloy, an attorney.
我有艾丽西娅·布朗夫人的人身许可令
I have a writ of habeas corpus for a Mrs. Alicia Brown.
我们这里没有布朗夫人 这是安娜·李·杰克逊夫人
We have no Mrs. Brown here. This is Mrs. Anna Lee Jackson.
你好 艾丽西娅
Hello, Alicia.
没用 我们没法利用她
It’s no use, we can’t use her.
不是每个案子以晋升、你的名字上报纸告终
Well, not every case ends with a promotion, your name in the papers.
麦克卢尔的尸体在河里被发现 满是弹孔
McClure’s body has been found in the river, shot full of holes.
这是恐慌的举动! 布朗先生乱了阵脚
Well, this is an act of panic! Mr. Brown is cracking.
山姆 带警队抓捕方弟和明戈
Sam, take the headquarters squad, pick up Fante and Mingo.
先是德雷尔 然后丽塔、麦克卢尔…
First Dreyer, Rita, McClure…
他们三起谋杀不可能都有不在场证明!
They can’t have alibis that’ll stick for three murders!
得了 明戈 停止那事
Come on, Mingo, lay off that stuff.
明戈 我跟你说了停止那事!
Mingo, lay off of that stuff I told you!
来吃点东西
Gotta eat something.
我再也吃不下冷香肠了
I can’t swallow any more salami.
我们只有这个
That’s all we’ve got.
布朗在哪 他什么时候来?
Where is Brown, when’s he coming?
我们要在这呆多久?
How long we gonna stay here?
我们在这才两天
We’ve been here two days, that’s all.
我…我真的受不了了 方弟
I… I just can’t take it anymore, Fante.
我想我的拇指感染了 比牙痛还要糟
I tell you, my thumb’s got an infection, it keeps aching worse than a sore tooth.
如果警♥察♥抓到我们会更糟 警♥察♥!他们能证明什么?
If the cops catch us, it’ll ache worse. – Cops! What can they prove?
他们不要证明什么
They don’t have to prove a thing.
他们对我们发出三张逮捕令 指控三起谋杀
They got three warrants out for us, indictments for three murders.
让他们指控 他们还是不能证明什么…
So, let them indict, they still can’t prove…
不是吗?
Can they?
你知道三起谋杀罪审理要多久吗?
You know how long it would take for three murder trials?
我们会在牢里三年 现在放松
We’d be in jail for three years. Now relax.
布朗会送我们出城等到风声过去
Brown will get us out of town until the heat blows out,
然后我们可以回来