看!
Look!
同样修指甲 同样戴袖扣
Same manicure, same cufflinks.
但只有一点不同… 我们没得到同样的女人
But there’s only one difference – we don’t get the same girls.
为什么?
Why?
因为女人懂其中不同!她们有本能
Because women know the difference! They got instinct.
第一就是第一 第二什么也不是
First is first and second is nobody.
今晚最优秀的男人获胜 布朗先生 – 你之前比马丁内斯更优秀
The best man won tonight, Mr. Brown. – You were better than Martinez.
只是你丢掉了优点
Only, you threw it away.
你走进拳击场 你跟他握手
You step in the ring, you shake hands with him.
你想做他朋友 你又想跟他打
You want to be his friend, and you want to fight him.
不 本尼 不
No, Bennie. No.
布朗先生 – 关门!
Mr. Brown. – Shut the door!
听着 本尼 谁统治世界?你知道吗?
Now, Bennie, who runs the world? Have you any idea?
不是我 布朗先生 – 没错 不是你
Not me, Mr. Brown. – That’s right, not you.
但是 有意思的是…
But a funny thing –
他们和你没多少不同 他们只不过有样东西
they’re not so much different from you. They’ve got something.
他们拥有 他们运用 我有它 他没有!
They’ve got it and they use it. I’ve got it, he hasn’t!
它是什么 本尼?什么造就不同?
So, what is it, Bennie? What makes the difference?
恨
Hate.
字眼是恨 本尼 恨打你的人!
Hate is the word, Bennie. Hate the man who tries to beat you!
杀了他 本尼!杀了他!
Kill him, Bennie! Kill him!
恨到你打红眼 你就能赚到大钱
Hate him till you see red and you’ll come out winning the big money.
然后女人们争先恐后
And the girls will come tumbling after.
你将不得不拔电♥话♥锁门来清净一晚
You’ll have to shut off your phone and lock the door to get a night’s rest.
站起来 本尼
Get on your feet, Bennie.
您这样干什么 布朗先生?
What you do that for, Mr. Brown?
你应该回击我 你没有学到恨
You should have hit me back. You haven’t got the hate.
撕毁本尼的合同!他对我没用处了
Tear up Bennie’s contract – he’s no good to me anymore.
苏珊在哪 在车上?
Where’s Susan, in the car?
我之前试图告诉您 布朗先生 告诉我什么?
I tried to tell you before, Mr. Brown. – Tell me what?
她在中心医院
She’s in General Hospital.
出什么事了? – 她服了药
What happened? – She took some pills.
叫车开过来!给我买♥♥点烟
Get the car and bring it round! Buy me some cigarettes.
她在哪?
Where is she?
中心医院
General Hospital.
她要死了
She’s dying.
你现在可以送她去犯人病房♥
You can take her to the prison ward now.
你好 副警长 这是布朗先生
Hello, Lieutenant. This is Mr. Brown.
你有什么事 布朗先生? – 乔 告诉这男人我想要她出院
What do you want, Mr. Brown? – Joe, tell the man I want her out.
布朗先生希望释放洛薇儿小姐
Mr. Brown would like to have Miss Lowell released.
他会送她去私人医院
He’ll put her in a private hospital.
他是亲属吗? – 不算
Is he a relative? – Not exactly.
娶了她吗? – 只是私人朋友
Married to her? – Just a personal friend.
探视日在周二周五
Yeah, visiting days are Tuesdays and Fridays.
我不知道你们俩怎么进来的 你们可以原路出去
I don’t know how you two got in here. You can get out the way you came.
告诉这男人别激动
Tell the man not to get excited.
布朗先生是非常讲理的人 你不了解他
Mr. Brown is a very reasonable man. You don’t know him.
哦 他是吗?
Oh, is he?
我不是 而且我想让你的 布朗先生日子非常难过
Well, I’m not. And I intend to make life very difficult for your Mr. Brown.
你不该像这样说话 副警长 你在超越你的职权
You shouldn’t talk like that, Lieutenant. You’re overstepping your authority.
乔 这男人有理由恨我 他的薪水每周96.50美元
Joe, the man has reason to hate me. His salary is $96.50 a week.
我酒店的小工收入都比这多
The bus boys in my hotel make better money than that.
你不明白吗 乔?他是个圣人蛋
Don’t you see, Joe? He’s a righteous man.
私人感情对他毫无意义
Personal feelings mean nothing to him.
我的女人在公立医院里要死了 我想要她出院!
My girl’s dying in a public hospital and I want her out!
她被捕了 布朗先生
She’s under arrest, Mr. Brown.
什么罪名? – 杀人!
What’s the charge? – Homicide!
荒唐 她不会杀一只苍蝇 – 她试图杀自己
That’s ridiculous, she wouldn’t kill a fly. – She tried to kill herself.
这算犯罪? – 这碰巧触犯了两条法律:
Is that a crime? – It happens to be against two laws:
上帝的和人类的 我以第二条逮捕她
God’s and Man’s. I’m booking her under the second.
告诉这男人如果他让她受审 我会…
Tell the man if he puts her on trial, I’ll…
赫尔曼斯医生,外科要找你
‘Dr. Hermanns, you’re wanted in surgery.
赫尔曼斯医生,外科要找你
‘Dr. Hermanns, you’re wanted in surgery.’
艾丽西娅!
Alicia!
艾丽西娅…
Alicia…
苏珊
Susan.
离犯人远点 布朗先生 – 苏珊 你没事吧?
Stay away from the prisoner, Mr. Brown. – Susan, you alright?
布朗 呆着别动! – 苏珊!
Brown, stay where you are! – Susan!
乔
Joe.
告诉这男人 我会修理他 快到他没时间换内♥裤♥!
Tell the man I’m gonna break him so fast he won’t have time to change his pants!
告诉他我下次看见他 他会趴在酒店大厅
Tell him the next time I see him he’ll be down in the lobby of the hotel,
哭得像婴儿 求大爷借十块钱!
crying like a baby and asking for a $10 loan!
告诉他!
Tell him that!
而且告诉他我不会食言
And tell him I don’t break my word.
你爬这么高一定做了好得很的事 布朗先生
You must’ve done something pretty fine to get as high as you are, Mr. Brown.
我在观察
I’m looking into that.
我会揭穿你的画皮 我会动手
I’m gonna open you up and I’m gonna operate.
而且我讨厌想到我会发现什么
And I hate to think of what I’ll find.
我怎么告诉你的 乔?一个圣人蛋
What’d I tell you, Joe? A righteous man.
洛薇儿小姐?
Miss Lowell?
你听见我吗 洛薇儿小姐?
Do you hear me, Miss Lowell?
你是医生?
Are you a doctor?
我叫戴蒙德 我是警♥察♥
My name is Diamond, I’m a detective.
让我一个人呆着
Let me alone.
我必须问你几个问题 你必须回答
I have to ask you certain questions and you’ll have to answer them.
我感觉好冷 他们不能打开暖气吗?
I feel so cold. Can’t they turn on the heat?
请拿点热咖啡来好吗?
Can you get some hot coffee, please?
如果你起来走走 你会好点
If you’d get up and walk you’d be a lot better off.
我想睡觉 让我睡觉
I want to go to sleep, just let me sleep.
给 喝点这个 快
Here. Just take some of this, come on.
你待我非常好
You’re very kind.
人人都待我好
Everyone’s kind.
我不配
I don’t deserve it.
快 喝点这个
Come on now, take a little of it.
就这样
That’s it.
好喝
It’s good.
为什么你想轻生?
Why did you try to kill yourself?
我不知道为什么 我不记得 请让我睡觉
I don’t know why. I can’t remember. Please let me go to sleep.
你吃醋了 是不是?有另一个女人? – 拜托 拜托…
Were you jealous, is that why? Was there another woman?
有另一个女人 是不是?
There was another woman, wasn’t there?
你提到她叫艾丽西娅 是不是?
You mentioned her name – Alicia, is that right?
艾丽西娅怎么回事? 布朗先生在见艾丽西娅?
What about Alicia? Was Mr. Brown seeing Alicia?
不!我不知道 我不知道她是谁
No! I don’t know. I don’t know who she is.
那你怎么知道她名字? – 我不知道…
Then how do you know her name? – I don’t know.
你一定知道 你反复提起 你在哪里第一次听说它?
You must know, you kept repeating it. Where’d you first hear it?
我从没听说
I never heard it.
我看见了它
I saw it.
你在哪里看见的 在一封信上?
Where’d you see it, on a letter?
在他的公♥寓♥里
In his apartment.
外面下着雨…
It was raining outside, and…
玻璃上雾蒙蒙的…
there was a… mist on the window.
他用手指在上面写了这个名字…
He was writing a name on it with his finger like this…
雾蒙蒙的玻璃…
On moist glass.
“艾丽西娅”
‘Alicia’.
当他看见我 他…
And when he saw me, he…
他擦掉了
he rubbed it out.
我好冷! – 艾丽西娅现在在哪?
Oh, I’m so cold! – Where is Alicia now?
我不知道 – 难道你不问他?
I don’t know. – Didn’t you ask him?
他不会告诉我
He wouldn’t tell me.
什么声音?
What was that?
柴油卡车经过 快早上了
Oh, diesel trucks going by, it’s almost morning.
你问他关于艾丽西娅的事时 布朗是不是很生气?
Was Brown upset when you asked him about Alicia?
我不知道任何答案! 别碰我!走开!拜托走开!
I don’t know any answers! Don’t touch me! Go away! Please, go away!
你想想你还是四年前的 阳光正派姑娘吗?你不是了!
You think you’re the bright, respectable girl you were four years ago, you’re not!
你试图自杀 你被捕! 你可能坐上六个月牢!
You attempted suicide, you’re under arrest! You could be sentenced to jail for six months!
护士!我可以要点水吗?
Nurse! May I have some water, please?
洛薇儿小姐 回答一个问题 – 不!
Miss Lowell, answer one question. – No!
谁是艾丽西娅? – 你告诉我
Who is Alicia? – You tell me.
起来!
Get on your feet!
楼下有个男人带着人身许可令 – 就搞到了?
There’s a man downstairs with a writ of habeas corpus.