是的 再
Yes, good.
再 再 再见
Good… Good… Goodbye.
弥尔顿先生
Mr. Milton.
他每天都打电♥话♥来看你在不在家
He’s called up every day this week to see if you’d got home.
我想他们希望你回银行工作
I guess they want you back at the bank.
他想要我过去谈一谈
He wants me to drop in and talk about it.
你不准备马上开始工作吗
You’re not going to work right away.
你应该休息一下 渡个假
You ought to rest a while, take a vacation.
我需要挣钱
Oh, I’ve got to make money.
去年还在杀小日本 今年就要开始挣钱了
Last year it was kill Japs, and this year it’s make money.
-我们过去过的很好 -嗯
-We’re all right for the time being. -Hmm.
你为什么一定要在我回家的第一天骚扰我
Why do they bother me like that the first day I get home?
为什么不给我点时间熟悉我的家人
Why can’t they give a fellow time to get used to his own family?
过来这儿坐下
Why don’t you come over here and sit down?
-椅子快要断了 -我们不用担心椅子
-Chair’s liable to break. -We can’t be worrying about chairs.
因为他们想要我回那个有钱的银行
Not when they want me back in a nice fat job
给我一个有钱的工作
at a nice fat bank.
-你看起来不高兴 -我是不高兴
-You don’t seem very happy about it. -I’m not.
为什么呢 亲爱的
Why not, darling?
我一直在想着其他的兄弟们
I can’t help thinking about the other guys.
所有那些没有得到你的人们
All the ones who haven’t got you.
-你疯了 -不
-You’re crazy. -No.
我很正常
Too sane for my own good.
-什么事 先生 -这是布拉德的药店吗
-Yes, sir? -Didn’t this used to be Bullard’s Drugstore?
是的 但它被米德威连锁店收♥购♥了
Yes, but it was taken over last year by the Midway chain.

Oh.
但老布拉德先生还在这儿
But old Mr. Bullard’s still here, in charge of prescriptions.
-他就在那边的电♥话♥那儿 -谢谢
-He’s right over there by the phone. -Thanks.
什么事 先生
Yes, sir?
-哦 弗莱德 -你好 布拉德先生
-Oh, Fred Derry. -Heh, hello, Mr. Bullard.
很高兴再次见到你
Oh, it’s good to see you again.
很高兴见到你
How are you? It’s good to see you.
那么 这儿发生什么事情了
Say, what happened here?
嗯 我把它卖♥♥了
Well, I sold out.
米德威想要这块地方很久了
The Midway people had been after this location for a long time.
-他以前不是在这儿工作吗 -是的 是的
-Didn’t he used to work here? -Yes, he did.
我敢打赌他想回来找工作
I’ll bet he’s back looking for a job.
他也会得到的 就凭他胸前那么多的丝带也行
And he’ll get it too, with all those ribbons on his chest.
嗯 没人的工作是稳定的
Well, nobody’s job is safe with
当这些军人们挤进来的时候
all these servicemen crowding in.
来见见我们的新经理 索普先生
I’d like to have you meet our new manager, Mr. Thorpe.
哦 不 我不那么认为 我只是过来跟你问声好
Oh, no, I don’t think so. I just dropped in to say hello to you.
-我不想要回那份工作 -是的 我知道
-I don’t want that old job back. -Yes, I know.
但是米德威是一个很大很大的机构
But Midway’s a big, big outfit.
谁也说不准 来吧
You never can tell. Come along.
-谢谢 布拉德先生 -待会儿见
-Thank you, Mr. Bullard. -I’ll see you later.
我看到你有一个很好的战争记录
I can see that you had a splendid war record, Derry.
一般吧 索普先生
Just average, Mr. Thorpe.
因为这生意已经换人了
You’ll understand that since this business changed hands…
我们 不能给你以前的工作
…we’re under no obligation to give you your old job back.
我不想要我以前的工作 我想找一个更好的
I wasn’t thinking of my old job. I’m looking for a better one.
你有什么资质证明 你的经验
What are your qualifications? Your experience?
两年的服务生
Two years behind a soda fountain…
三年的投弹手
…and three years behind a Norden bombsight.
是的
Yeah.
当你在军队里的时候
While in the Army,
你有军需采购方面的经验吗
did you have any experience in procurement?
-没有 -采购装备 材料等等
-No. -Purchasing of supplies, materials?
没有 我只负责扔炸♥弹♥
I didn’t do any of that. I just dropped bombs.
-你做过任何私人工作吗 -没有
-Did you do any personnel work? -No.
但作为一个长官 你肯定
But, as an officer, you surely
需要表现一定的执行能力
had to act in an executive capacity…
你需要命令人 负责他们的士气吧
…you had to command men, be responsible for their morale?
我只负责把炸♥弹♥扔到目标上去
No, I was only responsible for getting the bombs on the target.
我不命令任何人
I didn’t command anybody.
我肯定那需要很高的技巧
I see. I’m sure that work required great skill.
但不幸的是 我们
But, unfortunately, we’ve no opportunities…
-米德威药房♥没有那样的机会 -是的
-…for that with Midway Drugs. -Yeah.
我们可以提供一个机会
However, we might be able to provide an opening for you…
给楼层经理莫克尔先生作助手
…as an assistant to Mr. Merkel, the floor manager.
-“顽固的”莫克尔 -克拉伦斯·莫克尔
-Sticky Merkel? -Clarence Merkel.
就是那家伙
Yeah, that’s the fella.
他是我做调酒师时候的助手
He used to be my assistant at the soda fountain.
他是一个很好的人
He’s a very good man.
顺便说一下 你的工作需要
Incidentally, your work would require part-time duties
在冷饮柜做点兼♥职♥
at the soda fountain.
-工资是多少 -每周32 50
-At what salary? -Thirty-two fifty per week.
32块50分
Thirty-two fifty.
我在空军的时候一个月 能挣400多美元
I used to make over $400 a month in the Air Force.
-战争结束了 代瑞 -结束了
-The war is over, Derry. -ls over.
我想我还要再找找 索普先生
Yeah, well, uh, I think I’ll look around, Mr. Thorpe.
非常感谢 注意感冒
Thank you, very much. Take care of that cold.
我必须走了 我晚点会回来 好吧 弗莱德
I gotta run. I’ll drop back later. All right, Fred.
-再见 -再见
-Bye. -Bye.
对不起 姑娘们
Excuse me, girls.
不 现在情况可不好 艾尔
No, conditions are none too good right now, Al.
生意相当地不稳定
Considerable uncertainty in the business picture.
罢♥工♥ 破坏性的收税
Strikes, taxes still ruinous.
你喜欢那雪茄吗
You like that cigar?
是的 弥尔顿先生 那不错
Oh, yes, Mr. Milton. It’s fine.
战争期间很难弄到
Hmm, hard to get those during the war,
但现在 经常从哈瓦那进口
but they’re coming in regularly from Havana.
一切都会及时地调整回去
All things will readjust themselves in time.
我们想要你回来和我们一起工作 艾尔
We want you back here with us, Al.
你太仁慈了 弥尔顿先生 但
Well, that’s very nice of you, Mr. Milton, but, uh…
我注意到斯提斯坐在我的位置上
…I noticed, uh, Steese sitting at my old desk.
-我不想把他挤出去 -斯提斯会留在那儿
-I wouldn’t wanna push him out. -Steese will stay right there.
你被提升了
You’re moving up.
你觉得作小♥额♥贷♥款♥部的
What would you say to being vice president
副总怎么样
in charge of small loans…
一年12000美元
…at a salary of $12,000 a year?
你觉得那怎么样 嗯
What would you say to that, huh?
我 我觉得简直不像是真的
I’d, uh… I’d say it can’t be true.
工作就在那儿 艾尔 你就是最合适的人
Job’s there, Al. You’re the man for it.
你为什么认为我合适 弥尔顿先生
What makes you think I am, Mr. Milton?
嗯 你的战争经验 对我们来说是无价之宝
Well, your war experience would prove invaluable to us here.
看 我们有许多新问题
See, we have many new problems.
这个权利法案 比如说
This GI Bill of Rights, for instance.
它让我们考虑
It involves us in consideration of
所有那些对退伍军人的贷款
all kinds of loans to ex-servicemen.
我们需要一个理解士兵们的问题的人
We need a man who understands the soldiers’ problems…
他对一个可靠很行的基本理念
…and at the same time who’s well-grounded…
有很好的理解
…in the fundamental principles of sound banking.
换句话说 你
In other words, you.
-嗯 你觉得怎么样 艾尔 -嗯
-Well? What do you say, Al? -Well…
-我太感激了 -当然 当然
-I’m overwhelmed. -Of course. Of course.
你能把他们带进来吗
Will you bring them in now, Mrs. Garrett?
是 先生
Yes, sir.
-我曾想轻松一下 -自然
-I’d, uh, thought of taking it easy for a while. -Naturally, my boy.
经过了所有这一切 你需要一个假期
After what you’ve been through, you need a vacation.
谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
你有资格享受生活
You’re entitled to enjoy life for a change
在你回来工作之前
before you come back to work.
你这么说真是太仁慈了
Very kind of you to say that, Mr. Milton.
等你有机会
While you’re resting, let’s just… When you get a chance.
这里有我们小额信贷部的
This contains reports with all the figures on our small loans.
所有数字的报告
It’ll give you the whole picture. You can look them over.
只在你有空的时候看 当然
Just in your spare time, of course.
哦 这公文包是银行的小礼物
Oh, briefcase is a slight gift from the bank, heh.
嗯 谢谢
Well, heh, thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!