你看 所有的麻烦只是由于
You see, the whole trouble was
我找不着玛丽 那是我妻子
I couldn’t find Marie, that’s my wife.
我不知道她在夜♥总♥会♥工作
I didn’t know she had a job in a nightclub.
可能发生在任何人身上
Could’ve happened to anyone.
如果艾尔回家晚点
If Al had come home a little later last night,
我们也可能不在
we wouldn’t have been in.
他就不知道我们在哪儿了
He wouldn’t have known where to look for us.
-艾尔怎么样 -我们还不知道
-How is Al? -We don’t know yet.
准备好了 弗莱德
Ready, Fred.
嗯 等他醒了你可以告诉他
When he wakes up, you can tell him for me,
我认为他是一个非常幸运的人
I think he’s a pretty lucky guy.
谢谢 弗莱德
Thank you, Fred.
-再见 非常感谢你们所做的一切 -再见
-Goodbye, Milly, and thanks for everything. -Goodbye.
-再见 妈妈 -再见 亲爱的
-Bye, Mom. -Bye, dear.
在我的纪念品中
Among my souvenirs
-你在战前做什么 弗莱德 -我是一个服务生
-What’d you do before the war, Fred? -I was a fountain attendant.
-一个什么 -端盘子的
-A what? -Soda jerk.
哦
Oh.
-奇怪吗 -是的 有点
-Surprised? -Yes, a little.
我想你一定会做很好的冰水
I bet you mixed up a fine ice cream soda.
你说的很对 我的确是那方面的专家
You’re darn right. I was an expert behind that fountain.
我会把一铲子冰淇淋扔到空中
I used to toss a scoop of ice cream in the air…
调整速度 高度 然后
…adjust for wind drift, velocity, altitude, and,
准确地落在杯子里
Wham, in the cone every time.
我想我就是那样学会扔炸♥弹♥的
I figure that’s where I really learned to drop bombs.
你现在觉得你要干什么
What do you think you’ll do now?
我不回那家药店了
I’m not going back to that drugstore.
不知怎么的 我发现
Somehow or other, I can’t figure
我自己对灌啤酒不感兴趣了
myself getting excited about a root beer float.
我不知道我到底要干什么
I don’t know just what I will do…
但我想花点时间四处看看
…but I’m gonna take plenty of time looking around.
我想在走过了那么多地方以后
I guess after all the places you’ve been,
波恩城对你来说肯定非常沉闷
Boone City looks pretty dreary to you.
我现在坐的这个地方不沉闷
Not from where I’m sitting right now.
那不是一回事 我真这么想
That’s not just a line. I really meant it.
-是谁 -是我 米莉
-Who’s that? -It’s me. Milly.
-我给你拿来了早餐 -哦 谢谢
-I brought your breakfast. -Oh-ho, thanks.
-没想到你已经起床很久了 -我做过一个梦
-Didn’t think you’d be up for hours. -You know, I had a dream.
我梦见我回家了
I dreamt I was home.
我以前做过那同样的梦上百次
I’ve had that same dream hundreds of times before.
这次我想看看那是不是真的
This time I wanted to find out if it’s really true.
-我真的回家了吗 -看起来像是
-Am I really home? -Looks like it.
你会受到皇家一样的待遇
And you’re going to be royally treated.
你可以在床上吃早餐
You’re having breakfast in bed.
我好像有一个模糊的记忆
I seem to have a vague recollection
我们有两个孩子
that we had a couple of children.
-对吗 -是的
-Is that right? -That’s right.
他们去哪儿了
What ever became of them?
罗勃去学校了 佩吉和弗莱德开车去市区了
Rob’s gone to school and Peggy’s driving downtown with Fred.
弗莱德 哦
Fred? Oh.
哦 是的 弗莱德 他是一个好人
Oh, yeah, Fred. Ha, ha. He’s a great guy.
哦 是的
Oh, yeah.
好吗
All right?
那是你的早餐 我还有工作要做
There’s your breakfast. I have work to do.
嗯 认识你很高兴 佩吉
Well, it was nice knowing you, Peggy.
-那听起来像是要永别了 -谁知道呢
-Heh. That sounds like a permanent goodbye. -You never know.
你和你妻子必须来吃晚餐
You and your wife must come up to dinner.
那应该不错
That’d be fine.
哦 还有一件事
Oh, there’s one thing more.
关于我昨晚做的那个梦
About that dream I had last night.
我以前梦见过 我很抱歉打扰了你
I’ve had it before. I’m sorry I had to bother you with it.
我
Oh, I…
但你很好心
But you were very kind and you didn’t
你今天早上甚至都没有提到它
even mention it this morning.
作为事实来说 你几乎擅长任何事情
As a matter of fact, you’ve been swell about everything.
他们应该把你放在大规模生产里
I think they ought to put you in mass production.
-再见 弗莱德 -再见
-Heh. Goodbye, Fred. -Bye.
也许我最好等一下 看着你进去
Maybe I’d better wait and see if you get in.
也许那是个好主意
Ha, ha. Maybe that’s a good idea.
再见
Bye.
好吧 好吧
All right. All right.
说 这大的是什么
Say, what’s the big I…?
-弗莱迪 -你好 宝贝
-Freddy! -Hi, babe.
弗莱迪 亲爱的 你为什么不让我知道
Freddy, darling, why didn’t you let me know?
我没给我时间来弄好我的脸
You didn’t give me a chance to fix my face or anything.
你看起来很好
You look all right, babe.
哦 弗莱迪 亲爱的 我太激动了
Oh, Freddy, darling. I’m so excited.
我无法相信这是你
I can’t believe it’s you.
快点进来 亲爱的 让我好好看看你
Come on in, honey, where I can look at you.
哦 你真了不起 那么多彩带
Oh, you’re marvelous. All those ribbons!
你必须告诉我它们都代表什么 但不是现在
You gotta tell me what they all mean. But not now. Ha, ha.
让我看看你 但你怎么知道我在这儿的
Let me look at you. But how did you know I was here?
我昨天回来的 去了爸爸的房♥子
When I got in yesterday, I went over to Pop’s…
-昨天 为什么不 -我来这儿了 但太迟了
-Yesterday? Why didn’t…? -I came here, but it was too late.
但你出去工作了
You’d already gone to work.
-我走遍了一家又一家夜♥总♥会♥ -哦
-I went from one nightclub to another. -Oh.
-你找过我 -找我妻子
-You were looking for me? -I was looking for my wife.
嗯 现在你找到她了
You’ve found her now.
我想知道弗莱德是怎么生活的
I wonder how Fred’s getting along.
弗莱德有能力照顾他自己
Fred looks to me as if he’s able to take care of himself.
我还不确定
I’m not so sure about that.
对于那些空军里的魅力男孩来说
It isn’t easy for those Air Force glamour boys
降落到地面上生活可不容易
when they get grounded.
当你在步兵里的时候
Now, when you’ve been in the infantry,
任何改变都必须是一个进步
any change is bound to be an improvement.
别忙来忙去了 坐下来跟我谈谈
Please stop fussing around and sit down and talk to me.
好吧 中士 唉 你以前过的真苦
All right, sergeant. Gosh, you’ve got tough.
-奶油就这些吗 -就这些
-Is this all the cream there is? -That’s all.
这可真妙 一个男人在
Fine situation when a man can’t get enough
自己家里吃不饱饭
to eat in his own home.
看看我的裤子
Look at my pants.
-怎么了 -太肥了
-What about them? -Too big.
给你一个印像 战争对我的腰围有什么样的作用
Gives you an idea of what the war did to my waistline.
-你把你的肚子收起来了 -不 它消失了
-You holding your stomach in? -No, it’s disappeared.
我必须去把我所有的旧衣服全改了
I’ll have to take my clothes to Wyndham and Briggs, get them altered.
我就不会那么匆忙
I wouldn’t be in too much of a hurry about that.
两周大吃大喝之后
A couple of weeks of heavy eating
那些裤子就又变得合适了
and those pants will fit perfectly.
别接
Don’t answer it.
喂 哦 是的 他在这儿
Hello. Oh, yes. He’s here.
找我的 如果是战争部 就说我不在
For me? If it’s the War Department, I’m out.
是弥尔顿先生
It’s Mr. Milton.
-谁 -银行的弥尔顿先生
-Who? -Mr. Milton. At the bank.
哦
Oh.
他马上过来
He’ll be right on.
喂
Hello?
哦 是的 弥尔顿先生
Oh, yes, Mr. Milton.
是的 听到你的声音很高兴
Yeah, it sounds good to hear yours.
是的
Yes.
是的 真的 弥尔顿先生 是的
Yes, indeed, Mr. Milton. Yeah.
哦 不太坏 不
Well, not too bad, no.
是的 哎呀 当然 你这样说真是太好了
Yes. Why, of course. It’s very kind of you to say that.
嗯哼
Mm-hm.
嗯哼
Mm-hm.
是的
Yes.
嗯 我 我肯定会去
Well, I’ll certainly drop in.
哦 她很好 谢谢
Heh. Oh, she’s fine, thank you.
-是的 他们也很好 -他们也很好
-Yes, they’re fine too. -They’re fine too.
嗯 我 那是
Well… I… That’s…
谢谢 弥尔顿先生
Thank you, Mr. Milton.