但我们还是顺利成行了
but we came right through.
-艾尔 你还好吗 -当然
-Al, are you all right? -Sure.
-你还好吗 -当然
-Are you all right? -Oh, of course I am.
让我看看你
Let me look at you.
现在先别看 我得刮刮胡子
Don’t look now, I need a bath and a shave.
如果你不介意 妈妈
If you don’t mind, Mom.
爸爸 亲爱的
Dad. Darling.
我要给肯沃思家打电♥话♥ 告诉他们我们不过去了
I’d better call the Kenworthys and tell them we won’t be over.
-肯沃思家 -是的
-The Kenworthys? -Yes.
我儿子 还有我女儿
My son, heh, and my daughter.
我没认出你来 发生什么事了
I don’t recognize you. What’s happened?
只是正常发育了几年 你不批准吗
Just a few years of normal growth. Don’t you approve?
我还不知道
I don’t know yet.
我需要花 更多的时间来了解你
I’ve gotta have more time to get to know you.
你好
Hello?
爱丽丝 我是米莉
Oh, Alice, this is Milly.
我非常非常抱歉 但我们不能过去了
I’m terribly sorry, but we can’t be over.
我是说 我非常非常高兴
I mean, I’m terribly happy.
你知道 艾尔
You see, Al…
我丈夫
My husband.
是的 他回来了
Yes. He’s home. Yes.
是的
Yes.
-弗莱迪 -霍滕斯
-Freddy. -Hello, Hortense.
嗯 你好 帕特
Well, say. Oh. Pat.
帕特 这是弗莱迪 他又回家了
Pat, it’s Freddy. He’s home again.
你好 爸爸
Hello, Pop.
我们不知道你要回来
Gee, I wish we’d known you were coming.
要不我们就把这地方打扫干净了
We’d have had the place kind of cleaned up.
嗯 你没什么要对你自己儿子说的吗
Well, haven’t you got anything to say to your own son?
-很高兴见到你 我的孩子 -看看他 帕特
-Glad to see you, my boy. -Look at him, Pat.
看看你的英雄儿子
Look at your hero son.
看看 他胸膛上这些漂亮的丝带
And look at all those beautiful ribbons on his chest.
快点 弗莱迪 告诉你父亲
Go on, Freddy, tell your father…
你是怎么获得这些丝带的 它们代表什么
….how you got those ribbons and what they mean.
-玛丽在哪儿 -玛丽
-Where’s Marie? -Marie?
是的 她出去了吗
Yeah, she out?
-玛丽不在这儿 弗莱迪 -她马上会回来吗
-Oh, Marie isn’t here, Freddy. -Will she be back soon?
她不跟我们一起住了
Well, she’s not living with us anymore,
她在城里租了一个公♥寓♥
Freddy. She took an apartment downtown.
为什么没有人写信告诉我这个
Why didn’t anybody write me about it?
我们害怕那会让你担心 你在那么远的地方
Well, we were afraid it might worry you, you being so far away.
住在这儿会使玛丽不方便
And it was inconvenient for Marie living in
在她接了那工作之后
this place after she took that job.
但我们把所有你的信和分配支票 都转给她了
But, uh, we forwarded all your letters and the allotment checks.
她接了一个工作 在哪儿
She took a job? Where?
嗯 一个夜♥总♥会♥ 我不知道具体是哪一家
Uh, some nightclub. I don’t know just which one.
那可怜的女孩工作到很晚
Oh, the poor girl works till all hours.
-她住在哪儿 -呃
-Where does she live? -Um…
松树街的格兰威尔区
Grandview Arms on Pine Street.
但是没什么可担心的 玛丽很好
But there’s nothing to worry about, Freddy. Marie’s fine.
我们去年圣诞节还见她了
We saw her last Christmas.
她给我们带了一些漂亮的礼物
She brought us some beautiful presents.
玛丽是个好心的女孩
Marie’s a good-hearted girl.
你知道她几点去上班吗
You know what time she goes out to work?
嗯 哦 大约吃晚饭的时候 我想
Um, well, about, uh, suppertime, I imagine.
你介意我把东西留在这儿吗
Do you mind if I leave my stuff here?
我稍后回来取
I’ll pick it up later.
当然 但你不留下来吃点东西吗
Sure, but aren’t you gonna stay and have a bite to eat?
不 谢谢 霍滕斯
No, thank you, Hortense.
嗯 呃 再见 爸爸 我会回来的
Well, uh… So long, Pop. I’ll be back.
嗯 真是 我很高兴 看到你回家 孩子
Well, it’s… I’m glad to have you home, my boy.
回家真好 爸爸 再见
It’s good to be home, Pop. Bye.
给你 一顶军帽
Here, a cap.
给你一把武士刀 罗勃
Here’s a samurai sword, Rob.
非常感谢 爸爸
Thanks very much, Dad.
这是我从一个死了的日本兵 身上找到的军旗
And here’s a flag I found on a dead Jap soldier.
上面那些字全是他的
All that writing on it are signatures
亲戚写的祝福的话
and good luck messages from his relatives.
是的 我知道
Yes, I know.
日本人很重视他们的家庭关系
The Japanese attach a lot of importance to their family relationship.
是的 是的 和我们完全不一样
Yeah. Yeah, entirely different from us.
-你去过广岛 是吗 -嗯哼
-Say, you were at Hiroshima, weren’t you, Dad? -Mm-hm.
你注意过
Did you happen to notice…
幸存者受到
…any of the effects of radioactivity
核辐射的后果吗
on the people who survived the blast?
不 没有 我应该吗
No, I didn’t. Should I have?
我们在学校听过原子能的课
Well, we’ve been having lectures in atomic energy at school.
麦克莱根先生 我们的物理教师
And Mr. McLaglen, he’s our physics teacher…
他说我们已经认识到
…he says that we’ve reached the point…
所有人类必须找到
…where the whole human race has either got to find
方法共同生存
a way to live together…
-否则 -否则
-…or else, um… -Or else.
是的 否则
That’s right. Or else.
当你把原子能和喷气动力
Because when you combine atomic energy with jet propulsion…
和无线电和弹道导弹结合起来 只要想想
…and radar and guided missiles, well, just think of the…
哦 你只是在跟我开玩笑吧 爸爸
Oh, heh, you’re just kidding me, Dad.
你去过所有这些地方 你见过所有东西
You’ve been to all these places and you’ve seen everything.
我什么也没见过
I’ve seen nothing.
我应该呆在家里
I should have stayed home
了解一下真的发生了些什么
and found out what was really going on.
我做完饭了
I finished the dishes.
你为什么要做那个 女仆请假了
Why do you have to do that? Is this the maid’s night out?
我们的女仆三年前就请假了
Our maid took a night out three years ago,
从那以后我们再没见过她
we haven’t seen her since.
但一切都没问题
But everything’s all right
因为我上了家政学的课
because I took a course in domestic science.
-还买♥♥了一本烹饪书 -这家庭怎么了
-Even bought a cook book. -What’s happened to this family?
全都是些 原子能和科学效率
All this atomic energy and scientific efficiency.
是因为战争 你听说过那个
It was the war. You heard about that.
是的
Yeah.
所有那些在家庭前线的问题
All those problems on the home front.
我们在星条旗报上读到的
We used to read about them in Stars and Stripes.
我们对平民感到非常抱歉
We felt awfully sorry for the civilians.
但你不需要担心我们
You don’t have to worry about us, Dad.
我们能处理问题 我们很强壮
We can handle the problems. We’re tough.
罗勃 你没有家庭作业吗
Rob, haven’t you any homework?
哦 当然有 晚安 爸爸
Oh, sure. Good night, Dad.
我不明白你为什么必须现在走
Don’t see why you have to go now.
罗勃 你不准备拿走
Rob, aren’t you going to take
爸爸给你带的纪念品吗
the souvenirs father brought you?
哦 是的
Oh, yes.
非常感谢 爸爸 感谢这些 东西
Gee, thanks an awful lot, Dad, for these things.
晚安 明早见
Good night. See you in the morning.
晚安
Good night, Rob.
-晚安 妈妈 -晚安 亲爱的
-Good night, Mom. -Good night, darling.
很高兴有你在身边 爸爸 你会带我们回归正常
Nice to have you around, Dad. You’ll get us back to normal.
或者也许我自己变笨
Or maybe go nuts myself.
你觉得孩子们怎么样
What do you think of the children?
孩子们
The children?
我认不出他们来了
I don’t recognize them.
他们长那么大了
They’ve grown so old.
我试着阻止他们
I tried to stop them…
让他们 保持你离开时候的样子
…to keep them just as they were when you left,
但他们不听我的
but they got away from me.
-我想佩吉有许多男朋友 -她很受欢迎
-I guess, uh, Peggy has a lot of boyfriends. -She’s very popular.
她关注哪一个吗
Is she concentrating on anyone particular?
她一个也没跟我说过
She hasn’t told me of anyone.
但你已经 嗯
But you’ve, uh…
告诉她 所有她应该知道的事情了吗
…told her all the things she ought to know?
什么 比方说
What, for instance?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!