当然 他们全知道
Sure. They all know.
但他们不知道这些东西长得像什么
But they don’t know what these things look like.
-你女朋友叫什么名字 侯默 -威尔玛
-What’s your girl’s name, Homer? -Wilma.
她和我一起上的高中
She and I went to high school together.
-我敢打赌威尔玛是一个好女孩 -她是的
-I bet Wilma’s a swell girl. -She is.
一切都会没事的 水手 你等着瞧吧
And it’ll be all right, sailor. You wait and see.
是的 等着瞧吧
Yeah. Wait and see.
威尔玛还是一个孩子
Wilma’s only a kid.
她从没 见过像这些钩子的东西
She’s never seen anything like these hooks.
嘿 等我回到家
Say, heh, wait till I get home and tell
一定要告诉家人关于这次旅行
the folks about this trip.
我是全家第一个坐过飞机的
I’m the first one in my family that ever rode in an aeroplane.
-嘿 艾尔 -什么
-Hey, Al. -Yeah?
还记得你出国的时候 什么感觉吗
You remember what it felt like when you went overseas?
像记我名字一样清楚
As well as I remember my own name.
我现在又是同样的感觉
I feel the same way now.
只是更强烈
Only more so.
我知道你什么意思
I know what you mean.
因为退伍而感到不安 我想
Just nervous out of the service, l guess,heh.
最让我感到害怕的事情是
The thing that scares me most is
所有人都想让我恢复常态
that everybody’s gonna try to rehabilitate me.
我所想要的只是一份好工作 一个温暖的未来
All I want’s a good job, a mild future…
还有一个给我和我妻子的够大的房♥子
…and a house big enough for me and my wife.
给我那么多 我就能恢复常态了
Give me that much and I’m rehabilitated like that.
我认为那要求不高
I’d say that’s not too much to ask.
你结婚了吗 艾尔
You married, Al?
-是的 -多久了
-Yep. -How long?
20年了
Twenty years.
20年
Twenty years?
老天
Heh, holy smoke.
我们甚至连20天都没呆满
We didn’t even have 20 days before I went over.
我娶了一个在德克萨斯训练的时候认识的女孩
I married a girl I met when I was in training in Texas.
你和你妻子会有机会彼此熟悉的
You and your wife will have a chance to get acquainted, huh?
是的
Yeah, heh.
我不知道侯默和他那个女孩会怎么进展
I wonder how Homer will make out with that girl of his.
威尔玛
Wilma.
我希望威尔玛是一个好女孩
I hope Wilma is a swell girl.
老家变化不大
The old hometown hasn’t changed much.
是的
No.
那是高尔夫球场 人们在打高尔夫球
There’s the golf course. People are playing golf.
就像什么也没有发生过一样
Just as if nothing had ever happened.
嘿 那儿是杰克逊高中足球场
Hey, there’s Jackson High football field.
孩子 我真希望为我扔在那儿的
Boy, I sure would like to have a dollar
每一次前进传球赌一美元
for every forward pass I threw down there.
好老的杰克逊高中
Good old Jackson High.
嘿 那一定是新机场
Hey, that must be the new airport.
是的 我们现在进那儿去
Yeah, we’re turning into it now.
老天
Holy smoke.
我从不知道那儿有那么多飞机
I never knew there were so many planes.
他们把它们废弃了
And they’re junking them.
-什么 -没什么
-What? -No.
孩子 哦 孩子
Boy,oh,boy.
要是在1943年我们有这些的话 能干成多少事啊
What we could have done with those in ’43.
是的 我敢打赌
Yeah, I’ll bet.
有些看起来还很新呢 从工厂直接进了废品堆
Some of them look brand new. From the factory to the scrapheap.
那是它们现在唯一的用处
That’s all they’re good for now.
在他们把她切开之前 我们应该从这儿出去
We gotta get out of the nose while he sets her down.
那边是棒球场
Hey, look, there’s the ballpark.
海狸队这个赛季打的怎么样
Say, how are the Beavers doing this season?
他们是第六名
Uh, they’re in sixth place.
啊 还是在乙级里
Still in second division.
-嘿 那边是布彻店 -布彻家
-Hey, there’s Butch’s Place. -Butch’s?
-那是谁 -天啊 布彻给自己装了一个霓虹灯
-Who’s that? -Gosh, Butch has got himself a neon sign.
-去过布彻店吗 -没有
-Have you ever been to Butch’s? -No.
经营它的布彻·恩格尔是我叔叔 好伙计
Oh, Butch Engle that runs it, he’s my uncle. Swell guy.
只有他的家人认为
Only the family don’t think he’s respectable
他不值得尊敬因为他卖♥♥白酒
because he sells liquor.
城里最好的路口
That’s the best joint in town.
我们找个时间一起去那儿吧
We’ll have to get together there.
斯韦尔
Swell.
这是我的街道
This is my street.
十五 17
Fifteen, 17.
是从这儿数 第四个房♥子
It’s the fourth house from here.
我不知道威尔玛在不在家
I wonder if Wilma’s home.
我们回去布彻店怎么样
Say, how about the three of us going back to Butch’s Place?
我们喝两杯 然后再回家
We’ll have a couple of drinks and then we can go home.
你现在到家了 孩子
You’re home now, kid.
-嗯 再见 -再见 侯默
-Well, so long. -So long, Homer.
-下一个去哪儿 -等一下 伙计
-Where next? -Just a minute, bud.
是侯默 妈妈 爸爸 侯默回来了
It’s Homer! Momma! Momma! Daddy! It’s Homer! Homer’s here!
威尔玛 威尔玛 侯默在这
Wilma! Wilma! Homer’s here!
威尔玛 快过来
Wilma, come on over!
哦 侯默
Oh, Homer.
我的孩子 哦 亲爱的
My boy. on, darling.
-看到你很高兴 -哦
-It’s good to see you. -Oh, oh.
-这不是很好吗 -那是威尔玛
-Isn’t this wonderful? -There’s Wilma.
好吧 我们走吧
Okay, let’s go.
-嗯 -别 我来拿
-Well… -No, don’t. I’ll carry it.
出什么事了 妈
What’s the matter, Ma?
没 没什么
It’s nothing.
你妈只是太高兴看到你回来了
It’s just that your ma’s so glad to see you home.
是的 我知道
Yeah, I know.
你应该信任水兵
You gotta hand it to the Navy.
他们肯定训练过那孩子如何使用这对钩子
They sure trained that kid how to use those hooks.
他们不可能训练他如何用钩子 抱他女朋友
They couldn’t train him to put his arms around his girl,
抚摸她的头发
to stroke her hair.
是从这儿起下一个拐角吗
Is it the next turn up here?
是的 左边第一个拐角
Yeah, the next turn on the left.
嘿 弗莱德 我们为什么不先把你放下
Hey, Fred, uh, why don’t we drop you first?
不 你是下一个
No, you’re next.
我们也不会回布彻店喝酒了
And we’re not going back to Butch’s for a drink, either.
感觉我好像去过一个海滩似的
Feel as if I were going in to hit a beach.
你这儿有个棚子 你是干什么的
Some barracks you got here. Hey, what are you,
一个退休的酿私酒的
a retired bootlegger?
没那么高贵 我是一个银行家
Nothing as dignified as that. I’m a banker.
多少钱
How much do I owe you?
把你的手从口袋里掏出来 你级别高
Take your hand out of your pocket, sergeant. You’re outranked.
是 先生 上尉 先生
Yes, sir, captain, sir.
-祝你好运 伙计 -谢谢
-Good luck, chum. -Thanks.
是的 我会的 是 先生
Yes, I will. Yes, sir.
请等一下 请等一下
One moment, please. Uh, one moment, please.
-你想见谁 -史蒂芬森夫人
-Just whom do you wish to see? -Mrs. Stephenson.
等一下 我得先通报一声
Well, just a minute. I’ll have to announce you first.
把那电♥话♥放下 我是她丈夫
You put that phone down. I’m her husband.
-你是史蒂芬森先生 -史蒂芬森中士
-You’re Mr. Stephenson? -Sergeant Stephenson.
你指望什么 四星将军
What did you expect? A four-star general?
很抱歉让您久等了
I’m sorry to have kept you waiting. Yes, sir.
-四楼 -是 先生
-Fourth floor. -Yes, sir.
我来拿 佩吉
I’ll get it, Peg.
妈妈在哪儿
Where’s Mom?
-爸 -嘘
-Da… Shh.
谁在门那儿 佩吉
Who’s that at the door, Peggy?
佩吉
Peggy…
罗勃 谁是
Rob, who was…?
-我看起来很糟糕 -谁那么说的
-I look terrible. -Who says so?
你闯进我们家来太不公平了
It isn’t fair of you to bust in on us like this.
我从波特兰给你打的电♥话♥
I phoned you from Portland.
你说你回不了家
Yes, but you said you wouldn’t be home for…
我们很幸运 我们搭上了一架飞机去魏尔本
We were lucky. We got a plane to Welburn.
我以为我们要滞留在那儿了
I thought we were gonna get stuck there,