嗯 你以为你是谁
Well, who do you think you are?
在那边付钱
Pay the cashier right over there.
-请给我来一杯咖啡 -是 夫人
-Coffee, please. -Yes, ma’am.
还有一件事
There’s another thing.
这个国家每个端盘子的 都以为他是个人物
Every soda jerk in this country has got an idea he’s somebody.
你到底在兜售什么
Look here, mister, what are you selling anyway?
我没有兜售什么
I’m not selling anything
我只是一个普通的旧式的美国主义者
but plain old-fashioned Americanism.
一个美国主义者 那我们就都是一帮笨蛋了
Some Americanism. So we’re all a bunch of suckers, eh?
那我们应该站在日本人和纳粹一边
So we should’ve been on the side of the Japs and the Nazis, eh?
我再说一遍 看看这些事实
Again, I say, just look at the facts.
我看到事实了
I’ve seen a couple of facts.
我看到一艘船下沉
I’ve seen a ship go down and over 400
400个我的战友跟着它沉没
of my shipmates went with it.
那些人是笨蛋吗
Were those guys suckers?
那是不愉快的事实
That’s the unpleasant truth.
等我们以后变得聪明起来
And the sooner we get wise to it, the better off we’re gonna…
-哦 要是我有手就好了 -你把那些放下
-Ooh, if I only had my hands! -You put those down!
把你的手拿开
Take your hands off of him!
我可以过去吗 请问
May I get through, please?
-去把药剂师找来 -是 长官
-Go get the druggist. -Yes, sir.
请让一让 出什么事了
Make way, please. What happened?
是弗莱德·代瑞 他打了他
It was Fred Derry. He hit him.
拿些碘酒和绷带来
Bring some spirits of ammonia, iodine and bandages.
是 长官 别那么说 伙计
Yes, sir. Don’t say it, chum.
客户永远是对的
The customer’s always right,
所以我被解雇了 但这个客户不对
so I’m fired. But this customer wasn’t right.
我一分钟后在外面见你 孩子
I’ll meet you outside in a minute, kid.
吉 弗莱德 很抱歉我让你丢掉了工作
Gee, Fred, I’m sorry I lost you your job.
-但那家伙 -是的 我知道
-But that guy… -Yeah, I know.
你在报纸上读过这种人
You read about guys like that,
但幸运的是你不常见到他们
but you don’t often see them, luckily.
你女朋友怎么样 威尔玛
How about your girlfriend, uh, Wilma?
你和她要结婚吗
You and she gonna get married?
-我不知道 -你为什么不知道
-I don’t know. -Why don’t you know?
-她不想结婚 -不是威尔玛的错
-Doesn’t she want to get married? -Oh, it isn’t Wilma’s fault.
她很好
She’s been swell about it.
-那么是你的错了 -是的 我
-So then it’s your fault? -Yeah, I…
我想是的
I guess it is.
你能帮我一个忙吗 侯默
Will you do me a favor, Homer?
当然 弗莱德 什么忙
Sure, Fred, what is it?
我很热心于给失恋的人提建议
I’m a hot one to be giving advice to the lovelorn,
去见威尔玛吧 现在
but go see Wilma now.
把她搂在你怀里 吻她
Take her in your arms, kiss her,
求她嫁给你 然后娶她
ask her to marry you, then marry her.
明天就做 如果你能领到结婚证的话
Tomorrow, if you can get a license that fast.
如果你想有人在婚礼上支持你的话
If you want anybody to stand up for you at your wedding…
-我的公车来了 再见 -再见 弗莱德
-There’s my bus. So long, kid. -So long, Fred.
你还好吗
You all right, Homer?
我正准备去拿一杯牛奶
Yes, Pop, I’m going to get a glass of milk.
你想要我的话 就在门上敲一下
Well, just knock on the door when you want me.
好的
Okay.
威尔玛 你在打扫什么
Wilma. What are you doing out this hour of night?
我看到你上来了 侯默 我从窗户里看到你的
I saw you were up, Homer. I saw you through the window.
-我来和你谈谈 -好吧 进来吧
-I’ve got to talk to you. -All right, come in.
-想要点鸡肉吗 -不 谢谢
-Want some chicken? -No, thanks.
-你确定吗 -是的
-Sure? -Yes.
-想来一杯牛奶吗 -不 谢谢 侯默
-Want a glass of milk? -No, thanks, Homer.
坐下 威尔玛
Sit down, Wilma.
侯默 我 我的家人想要我离开 明天
Homer, my family want me to go away. Tomorrow.
-去哪里 -去银湖 我姑姑维拉的住处
-Where? -Up to Silver Lake, at my Aunt Vera’s place.
那应该不错
That ought to be nice.
但我不想去 我想留在这儿
But I don’t want to go. I want to stay here.
你知道 他们想要我离开的原因
You see, the reason they want me to go is so
是这样我就可以忘记你
that I’ll forget about you.
他们认为你不想要我在旁边 你不想见我
They figure you don’t want me around, you don’t wanna see me…
如果我离开一段时间
…and if I go away for a while,
也许我就能忘记这一切
maybe I’ll get all this out of my mind.
也许那是一个好主意 威尔玛 也许你应该那么做
Maybe that’s a good idea, Wilma. Maybe you ought to do that.
你想甩掉我吗
Do you wanna get rid of me?
跟我说真话 侯默 你想要我忘记你吗
Tell me the truth, Homer. Do you want me to forget about you?
我希望你能自♥由♥ 威尔玛 去过你自己的生活
I want you to be free, Wilma. To live your own life.
我不想你永远绑在一起
I don’t want you tied down forever
只因为你有一颗好心
just because you’ve got a kind heart.
侯默 你为什么不理解
Oh, Homer, why can’t you ever understand the way
事情的真♥相♥呢
things really are…
我真实的感觉 我一直努力告诉你
…the way I really feel? I keep trying to tell you.
可是 可是你不知道 威尔玛
But you don’t know, Wilma.
你不知道和我生活在一起是个什么样子
You don’t know what it’d be like to have to live with me…
必须 日日夜夜面对这个
…to have to face this every day, every night.
但我只有试过了才知道啊
But I can only find out by trying.
如果发现我没有足够的勇气
And if it turns out I haven’t courage enough,
我们很快就能知道
we’ll soon know it.
威尔玛
Wilma,
你和我有很长时间非常亲密
you and I have been close to each other for a long time,
对吗
haven’t we?
从我们是孩子时起就是了
Ever since we were kids.
是的 侯默
Yes, Homer.
我要上楼去床上了
I’m going upstairs to bed.
我想要你 我想要你上来
I want you to… I want you to come up
亲眼看看发生了什么
and see for yourself what happens.
好吧 侯默
All right, Homer.
我已经学会了如何脱掉这盔甲
I’ve learned how to take this harness off.
我能摇进我的睡衣裤
I can wiggle into my pajama top.
我很幸运 我还有肘部
I’m lucky, I have my elbows.
有些伙计们连这个都没有 但我扣不上扣子
Some of the boys don’t. But I can’t button them up.
我来吧 侯默
I’ll do that, Homer.
这就是我感到无助的时候
This is when I know I’m helpless.
我的手脱在床上
My hands are down there on the bed.
不叫别人来帮忙 我就戴不上它们
I can’t put them on again without calling to somebody for help.
我不能吸烟 不能读书
I can’t smoke a cigarette or read a book.
如果那扇门被风吹的关上了
If that door should blow shut,
我就打不开它 出不了这间屋子
I can’t open it and get out of this room.
像一个婴儿一样不能自主
I’m as dependent as a baby
除了哭以外什么也干不了
that doesn’t know how to get anything except cry for it.
嗯 现在你知道了 威尔玛
Well, now you know, Wilma.
现在你知道情况是怎么样了
Now you have an idea of what it is.
我想你不知道该说什么了 没关系
I guess you don’t know what to say. It’s all right.
回家去 走吧 听你家人的
Go on home. Go away, like your family said.
我知道该说什么 侯默
I know what to say, Homer.
我爱你
I love you.
我永远也不离开你 永远
And I’m never going to leave you. Never.
你是说 你 你不在乎
You mean you didn’t mind?
当然不 我告诉你我爱你
Of course not. I told you I loved you.
我爱你 威尔玛 我一直爱你
I love you, Wilma. I always have,
而且 而且永远爱你
and I always will.
晚安 亲爱的 睡个好觉
Good night, darling. Sleep well.
晚安 威尔玛
Good night, Wilma.
嘿 亲爱的 你最好站在上面
Hey, Sugar. You’d better step on it,
否则你丈夫就回来了
or your husband will be home.
他在忙着找工作
Oh, don’t worry. He’s job hunting.
他一小时之内回不来
He won’t come home for another hour.
-如果他回来了呢 -我不明白
-And what if he does? -I don’t understand it.
钱到处都是 而他却抓不住
Guy like that with all this money around and he can’t get into it.
他有什么毛病
What’s the matter with him?
我想他可能不够聪明
Oh, I guess he just isn’t very bright.
你好
How do you do?
我很好 谢谢 你是谁
Fine, thanks. Who are you?
弗莱德 我想让你见见克利夫·斯卡利
Oh, Fred, I want you to meet Cliff Scully,
我的一个老朋友
an old friend of mine.