-下面我们谈什么 -你妻子
-Now, what do we take up next? -Your wife.
她怎么办
What about her?
在这场恋爱里她处于什么样的位置
Where does she fit in this romantic situation?
那与你有什么关系吗
Is that any of your business?
那正是佩吉说的 那与我无关
That’s what Peggy said, that it’s none of my business.
哦 你也已经训过她了
Oh, you’ve had her on the carpet too.
她自愿提供了一些信息给她母亲和我
She volunteered some information to her mother and me.
你看 我们的家庭里有一种不同寻常的关系
You see, we have a rather unusual relationship in our family.
它可能看起来很过时
It may seem kind of corny and mid-Victorian,
但我们互相坦诚相见
but we tell each other things.
我正巧非常喜欢佩吉 而我
I happen to be quite fond of Peggy, and I, uh…
你不想让她和一个卑鄙的家伙混在一起
You don’t want her to get mixed up with a heel like me.
我还没有说你是卑鄙的家伙
I haven’t called you a heel. Yet.
我只是不想看到她陷到这场混乱当中去
I just don’t wanna see her get into this mess.
好吧 伙计 我们现在做什么
Okay, chum, what do we do now?
走出去在小巷里解决这件事情
Step out and settle this thing in the alley?
我不推荐那样的解决方案
I wouldn’t wanna recommend that as a solution.
我学过如何格斗
I’ve learned a lot of tricks in fighting dirty.
如果我和你混战起来
If I got tangled up with you,
我可能会扭断你的脖子
I might forget myself and break your neck.
我不愿意那样
I wouldn’t like that.
你看 我也非常喜欢你 谢谢
You see, Fred, I’m quite fond of you too. Thanks.
但我不喜欢你
But I don’t like the idea of you
偷偷摸摸来见佩吉
sneaking around corners to see Peggy…
在一个非法的基础上夺走她的爱情
…taking her love on a bootleg basis.
我给你清楚的警告 我要做一切事情
Fair warning. I’m gonna do everything I can…
来使她远离你 让她忘记你
…to keep her away from you, to help her forget about you…
然后把她嫁给一个能让她幸福的人
…and get her married to some decent guy who can make her happy.
那么我想就是这样了 艾尔
Then I guess that’s it, Al.
我不会再见她了
I don’t see her anymore.
我把它视为一种保证
I’ll put that in the form of a guarantee.
我不会再见她了
I won’t see her anymore.
我会给她打电♥话♥告诉她
I’ll call her up and tell her so.
-你满意了吗 -是的
-That satisfy you? -Yeah.
-还有什么事吗 -没有
-Anything else on your mind? -No.
好吧 伙计 再见
Okay, chum, so long.
再见 弗莱德
So long, Fred.
酒钱算我的
The drinks are on me.
-你好 侯默 -你好 史蒂夫
-Hello, Homer. -Hi, Steve.
嘿 艾尔·史蒂芬森回来了
Say, uh, Al Stephenson’s back there.
-艾尔 -是的
-Al? -Yeah.
-你好 艾尔 -你好 侯默
-Hi, Al. -Hello, Homer.
-你好吗 家里都好吗 -我很好 谢谢
-How are you? How’s the family? -Fine, thanks.
-你好 侯默 -你好 布彻
-Hello, Homer. -Hi, Butch.
-那么 我们来给艾尔看看那个新路线 -当然
-Say, let’s show Al that new routine. -Why, sure.
有点东西要给你看 艾尔 嗯 快点
Got something to show you, Al. Well, come on.
孩子 等你们听到这个
Boy, wait till you hear this.
都准备好了 孩子
Are you all set, kid?
-我准备好了 等你们了 -好的
-I’m ready when you are. -Okay.
一 二 三
One, two, three.
很好
That’s fine.
出什么事了
What’s the matter?
你不喜欢吗 艾尔
Didn’t you like it? We’ve been working for weeks.
当然 很好 我以为你说的
Sure, Homer, it was swell.
要上钢琴课是开玩笑呢
I thought you were kidding about those piano lessons.
弗莱德 嘿 弗莱德
Fred! Hey, Fred!
那是弗莱德
That was Fred.
是的
Yeah.
有什么不对吗
What’s the matter? ls anything wrong?
没有 他必须回药店去
Oh, no. He had to go back to the drugstore.
快点 侯默 给我买♥♥杯酒
Come on, Homer, buy me a drink.
那是谁
Who was it?
弗莱德
Fred.
他说他很抱歉发生的一切
He said he’s sorry for what happened,
但那只是其中的一件
but it was just one of those things.
他说我们继续彼此见面
He said it wouldn’t be fair to his wife
对他妻子来说是不公平的 因为
for us to see each other anymore because…
我显然是那种对
…I’m obviously the kind of girl
这种事情很认真的女孩
that takes these things too seriously.
然后他说再见 非常礼貌 然后挂断了电♥话♥
Then he said goodbye, very politely, and hung up.
嗯 我想你和爸爸 不必再为我担心了
Well, I guess you and Dad won’t have to worry about me anymore.
那是我作为家庭破坏者职业的结束
That’s the end of my career as a home wrecker.
妈妈 我知道你为我难过
Mom, I know you feel sorry for me.
你认为我可怜的小心破碎了
You think my poor little heart is broken.
但你可以收起你的同情 我现在看事情更清楚了
But you can save your sympathy. I can see things clearer now.
我愚弄了我自己
I made a fool of myself.
我现在脑子里有一些清楚的认识了
I’m getting some sense hammered into me now.
我很高兴我摆脱了这些混乱
I’m glad I’m out of that mess.
我很高兴我再也不见他了 我
I’m glad I’ll never see him again!
两杯巧克力圣代来了
Two chocolate sundaes coming up.
来一个火腿和奶酪加全麦面包怎么样
What about a ham and cheese on whole wheat without any mustard?
火腿和奶酪来了
Ham and cheese, dark, save the mustard, coming up.
给你
Here you are.
谢谢
Thank you.
-你好 侯默 -你好 弗莱德
-Hello, Homer. -Hi, Fred.
你过得怎么样 很高兴见到你
How’ve you been? Glad to see you.
-那么 弗莱德 -什么
-Say, Fred. -Yeah?
在布彻店发生什么了
What happened at Butch’s?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
你和艾尔 有什么麻烦吗
I mean, uh, you and Al. Was there any trouble?
哦 没有 我们只是进行了一场友好的谈话
Oh, no, we were just having a little friendly chat.
-给你 先生 -谢谢
-There you are, sir. -Thanks.
-你想要什么 侯默 -哦 我不在乎
-What’ll it be, Homer? -Oh, I don’t care.
-一杯巧克力圣代吧 -好吧
-Give me a chocolate sundae. -Okay.
你好
Hi.
-你好 士兵 -水手
-How are you, soldier? -Sailor.
对不起
Huh, excuse me.
那么 嗯
Say, uh…
你介意 我问你一个私人问题吗
…do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
我知道是什么问题
I know what it is.
我怎么得到这两个钩子的 它们怎么工作
How did I get these hooks, and how do they work?
每个人都会这样开头
That’s what everybody says when they start off:
“介意我问你一个问题吗”
“Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?”
好吧 我会告诉你
Well, I’ll tell you.
我对原来那双老手感到恶心和厌倦了
I got sick and tired of that old pair of hands I had.
非常麻烦 经常要洗
You know, an awful lot of trouble washing them
还要剪指甲
and manicuring my nails.
所以我拿它们换了 这双现代科技的东西
So I traded them in for a pair of these latest models.
他们靠雷达工作 瞧
They work by radar. Look.
-非常可爱 嗯 -你非常有胆量
-Pretty cute, eh? -You got plenty of guts.
看到一个像你这样的人必须牺牲他自己
It’s terrible when you see a guy like you
真是可怕
that had to sacrifice himself.
为了什么
And for what?
为了什么 我不明白你的意思 先生
And for what? I don’t get you, mister.
嗯 还要点别的吗
Well… Anything else for you?
结♥帐♥
Check.
我们自己被人拖下了水
We let ourselves get sold down the river.
-我们被拖入了战争 -当然 被日本人和纳粹
-We were pushed into war. -Sure, by the Japs and the Nazis.
-的确是这样 -德国人和日本人不想和我们作对
-So we had… -The Germans and the Japs…
他们只想跟
…had nothing against us.
英国佬和红军打仗
They wanted to fight the Limeys and the Reds.
他们也早就把他们干掉了
And they would’ve whipped them too…
如果我们没有被华盛顿的人
…if we didn’t get deceived into it by
骗进这场战争的话
a bunch of radicals in Washington.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我们和错误的人战斗 就是这样
We fought the wrong people, that’s all.
看看这些事实 我的朋友
Just read the facts, my friend.
自己看看你为什么会丢掉双手
Find out for yourself why you had to lose your hands.
出去做点什么事情
And then go do something about it.
你最好付清帐单走人
You’d better pay your check, brother, and go home.