你的贷款的保证
Security for your loan.
你能拿什么财产作抵押
What can you put up in the way of property?
你有没有股票和债券 地♥产♥
Have you any stocks and bonds, real estate,
任何有价值的财产
valuables of any kind?
没有 史蒂芬森先生
Well, no, Mr. Stephenson,
你看 关键是 我没有任何财产
you see, the point is, I haven’t got any property.
所以我才想要贷款 这样我才能有财产
That’s why I want the loan, so I can get the property.
我明白了
I see.
没有抵押 那就很困难了
No collateral. That makes things difficult.
我是一个好农夫 史蒂芬森先生
I’m a good farmer, Mr. Stephenson.
哦 就算战争期间 我的手也没停过
Why, even during the war I kept my hand in.
我曾经用业余时间 在这些岛上经营卡车花♥园♥
I used to spend my spare time down on those little islands…
我的收获有新鲜的西红柿
…working truck gardens so my outfit could have fresh tomatoes…
绿色谷物等等
…and green corn and all that.
战前我是一个小佃农 像我父亲一样
And before the war, I was a sharecropper, like my father before me.
现在 我觉得我想
And now, I feel I’d like to have
有一片自己的地去工作
a little piece of my own to work.
-你喜欢种庄稼 嗯 -是的 先生
-You like to grow things, eh? -Yes, sir.
随着全世界的粮食紧缺
With the food shortage all over the world…
种地会是
…it’s seems to me that farming’s about
最重要的工作
the most important work there is.
我是说 嗯 你不这么认为吗
I mean… Well, don’t you think so,
史蒂芬森先生
Mr. Stephenson?
是的
Yes.
你看 史蒂芬森先生
You see, Mr. Stephenson…
我不觉得 这是在求银行施舍
…I don’t feel this is asking the bank for a handout.
我觉得这是我的权利
I feel it’s my right.
至少 其他退伍军人是这么跟我说的
At least, that’s what I’ve been told by other ex-servicemen…
政♥府♥保证会贷款给我们
…that the government guarantees loans to us, if we wanna buy…
你的贷款将通过这家银行发放
Your loan would be administered through this bank…
将提供你申请的6 000美元的一半
…which would put up half of the $6000 you require.
好 那会给这家银行 带来风险 诺瓦克先生
Now, that involves risk for this bank, Mr. Novak.
对不起
Excuse me.
-艾尔 -侯默
-Al. -Homer.
-看看你 -看看你
-Look at you. -Look at you.
-那么这就是你工作的地方 -算是吧
-So this is where you work. -Sort of.
你还在抢银行吗
What are you doing here? Sticking up the bank?
看 200个卷心菜叶子
Look at it, Al, 200 leaves of cabbage.
那是我从现在起每个月能挣的
That’s what I get every month from Old Mr. Whiskers from now on.
-很软 嗯 -很软
-Pretty soft, eh? -Pretty soft.
-你肯定我们没有少找你钱吗 -哦 不
-You sure we haven’t shortchanged you? -Oh, no.
我的眼睛一直盯着那个数钱的家伙
I kept my eye on that guy when he counted it out.
你知道弗莱德·代瑞以前
Say, Al, did you know Fred Derry had a job
在米德威药店有一份工作吗
at the Midway drugstore?
不 我不知道
No, I didn’t.
-他把我介绍给了他妻子 -要什么
-He introduced me to his wife. -Yeah?
-一些盘子 -什么
-Some dish. -Yeah?
我们都要在布彻店聚齐
We’ll all have to get together at Butch’s.
好 那正是我要去的地方
Fine. Oh, that’s where I’m going now.
-干什么 -去学钢琴课
-Yeah? -Take a piano lesson.
啊-哦 给我拿一个
Uh-huh. Take one for me
-待会儿见 -再见 侯默
-See you later. Bye. -So long, Homer.
嗯 正如我以前所说的 诺瓦克先生
Well, uh, as I was saying, Mr. Novak…
这里面有一些风险
…there is an element of risk involved.
我们必须评估你的资产
Uh, we’ll have to have the property appraised,
但你会得到你的贷款
but, uh, you’ll get your loan.
那么 史蒂芬森先生
Say, Mr. Stephenson…
-我真不知道该如何感谢您 -别想那么多了
-…I don’t know how to begin to thank you. -Don’t try.
你对我来说 像是一个好的风险
You look like a good risk to me.
等西红柿成熟的时候
And when those tomato plants start producing,
我想要一些样品
I’ll come for free samples.
等文件准备好了 我会告诉你的
I’ll let you know when the papers are ready.
谢谢 先生 谢谢
Thank you, sir. Thank you.
愿上帝保佑你
God bless you.
我看到过这个的广♥告♥
Oh, I’ve seen advertisements about this one.
福佑之夜 他们是这么叫的吗
Night of Bliss. Is it all that they say it is?
好的 他们叫它什么
Well, just what do they say it is?
“难忘 煽动 柔情”
Haunting, provocative, languorous.
哦 是的 我肯定就是这些
Oh, yes, I’m sure it’s all of those, heh.
德克斯特
Dexter.
-别玩那些玩具 小孩 -我的名字不叫小孩
-Don’t play with those toys, bud. -My name ain’t Bud.
德克斯特 停下
Dexter, you stop that. Do you hear?
我只想看看它是怎么回事
I just wanted to see how it worked.
-对不起 你听到妈妈说的了 -没关系
-Sorry. You heard what Mommy said. -It’s all right.
哦 诱惑 多少钱
Oh, Seduction. How much is that?
这是
This is, uh…
非常贵 16 50 但尺寸不错
It’s quite expensive. It’s 16.50, but it’s a nice size.
你明白我说的吗
You see what I mean?
但那是一个很好的安全的赌博
But it’s a good, safe bet.
你说那个是什么意思
Uh, just what do you mean by that?
嗯 我的意思是
Well, I mean it’s, uh…
-那是一种适合任何心情的香水 -哦
-Well, it’s a perfume that fits any mood. -Oh, heh.
好吧 我买♥♥了
All right, I’ll take it.
很好 夫人
Very good, madam.
妈妈 妈妈 看 呯 呯 呯 呯
Mommy, Mommy, look! Barn, barn, barn!
我击中它了 我把它打开花了
I shot it down! I shot down a plane!
非常抱歉
I’m very sor…
-哦 你好 -你好
-Oh, hello. -Hello.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
我等一会接待你 夫人
I’ll be with you in just a moment, madam.
你能拿这个吗 请问
Will you take this, please?
这位女士过一会给你拿包裹来
This lady will have your package and your change in a moment.
非常感谢 再进来吧
Thank you very much and come in again.
谢谢
Thank you.
-你真棒 -我想揍他
-You were wonderful. -I wanted to smack him.
那不符合聊天的规则
It’s against the rules here to chat
除非这是一桩生意
with customers unless it’s a sale.
哦 好吧 我要买♥♥点东西
Oh, all right, I’ll buy something.
这是什么
What’s this?
青春再生素 一种护肤霜
Youth Recaptured, that’s a complexion cream.
但你不需要这些骗人的东西
But you don’t need any of that phony stuff.
那是雪花膏 这是雪花膏清理剂
Well, that’s vanishing cream. This is a vanishing cream remover.
我来告诉你如何省钱
I’ll tell you how you can save money.
如果你不抹那个 你就不需要这个
If you don’t put that on, then you don’t need this to take that off.
来点洗液怎么样
How about some lotion?
一瓶只要2.98美元 你会被多收一半的价钱
Here’s one at $2.98, and you’d be overcharged at half the price.
我其实不是进来买♥♥东西的
I didn’t really come in to buy anything.
爸爸告诉我你在这儿工作
Dad told me you were working here
我只是进来打声招呼
and I just dropped in to say hello.
等一下 我有
Oh, just a minute. I have….
我在一点钟有一小时休息时间
I have an hour off at 1:00.
你午饭时候有事吗
Are you doing anything for lunch?
哦 没有
Why, no.
谢谢 夫人 我20分钟后在外面等你
Thank you, madam. I’ll meet you outside in 20 minutes.
-再进来 -谢谢
-Come in again. -Thank you.
苹果派 她是国产的
The apple pie, she’s homemade.
-好的 -谢谢
-Heh, good. -Thank you.
这是一个不错的地方 我以前从来没听说过
It is a nice little place. I never heard of it before.
我习惯了经常不时来这儿 在战前
I used to come here now and then in the old days, before the war.
我习惯了想起这地方 当我在国外的时候
Sometimes I used to think of this place when I was overseas.
我想 “当我回到家
I thought, “When I get back home
我决不再在露西店这样的地方吃东西”
I’m never gonna eat in a dump like Lucia’s.”
你还想过什么不想再做的
What else did you think you wouldn’t do when you were overseas?
我从没有清晰的主意
I never had any clear ideas,
但有两件事情我很肯定
but there were two things I was sure of.
第一件 我知道我决不再回那家药店工作了
One, that I knew I’d never go back to that drugstore.
-另一件事是什么 -那个更傻
-What was the other thing? -Mm, that was even sillier.
我梦想我能有我自己的家
I dreamed I was gonna have my own home.
只是一个小小的地方 给我妻子
Just a nice little house for my wife
和我 在乡下地方
and me out in the country…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!