你还知道她什么事?
What else can you tell me about her?
没有了 我跟她很少接触
Nothing really. I never had much to do with her.
我根本不了解她
I don’t really know her at all.
但你已经服侍伊贝森家大约10年
And yet you’ve been in the service of the lbbetsons for about ten years.
确切来说是11年
Eleven years, to be exact.
不过我也说了 我跟她很少接触
But as I was saying I didn’t have much to do with her.
我跟她在各种时机交谈过 但是…
I’ve talked to her a thousand times at all hours, but…
但是?
But?
老实说 我没见过她
To tell you the truth I’ve never seen her…
怎么可能?
How could that be?
是真的 一次也没有
It’s the truth. Not once.
为什么?
Why?
因为克蕾儿小姐得了一种怪病
Because Miss Claire suffers from very a strange illness.
喂?
Hello?
伊贝森小姐晚安 我是欧德曼
Good evening, Miss lbbetson. It’s Oldman here.
我正在等您打来
I was expecting you to call.
我并无意跟你争吵
Believe me I have no wish to quarrel…
抱歉我今天失礼了
…and I’m sorry if I was rude today.
不要紧
Doesn’t matter.
我虽然愿意为你服务
But if on the one hand I confirm I am available
却无法再容许这种低俗的玩笑
at the same time I cannot permit this joke in poor taste to continue any longer.
我要请您别再管我的事
I wished to tell you to cease all involvement in my affairs.
抱歉给您带来困扰
I apologise for the trouble I have caused you.
请将费用帐单寄给我 晚安
Let me have your bill for your expenses. Goodnight.
93号♥拍卖♥♥品 薇莉安缇 “仕女图”
Lot 93. Veliante: “Portrait of a lady”.
16世纪前半作品
First half of the 16th century.
灵感来自彼得鲁斯•克里斯帝作品
Inspired by the “Portrait of a young girl” by Petrus Christus.
木板油画 30*40
Oil on wood, 30 x 40.
起标价为2万英镑
I have here an opening bid of twenty thousand pounds.
2万2
Twenty-two thousand.
2万2
Twenty-two thousand.
2万4
Twenty-four thousand.
电♥话♥出价2万6
Twenty-six thousand on the telephone!
现场出价2万8
Twenty-eight thousand in the room!
3万
Thirty thousand!
3万5 谢谢你
Thirty five thousand! Thank you, sir.
电♥话♥出价4万
Forty thousand on the telephone!
现场出价4万5
Forty five thousand in the room
5万 5万5 6万
Fifty thousand! Fifty five thousand! Sixty thousand!
电♥话♥出价6万5 7万 出价来到7万
Sixty five thousand on the telephone! Seventy thousand! At seventy thousand!
有更高的吗?
Any advance on seventy thousand!
7万5 电♥话♥出价8万
Seventy-five thousand! Eighty thousand on the telephone!
还有吗?就到8万镑吗?
Any more? All done at eighty thousand pounds?
就到8万吗?
All done at eighty thousand?
9万英镑
Ninety thousand pounds!
还有吗?
Anymore?
成交
Sold!
谢谢您
Thank you, sir.
我也出价9万英镑
I offered ninety thousand pounds too!
欧德曼先生应该知道才对
Mr. Oldman should have been aware of that!
没这回事
I don’t believe so, Mrs. Derain.
是惠斯勒先生出价9万
Mr. Whistler made the bid of ninety thousand pounds.
只有他一个
He was the only one.
他们同时出价
They bid simultaneously.
是她先的 我看到了
She go her bid in first, I saw it!
该怎么办?
What should we do, Mr. Oldman?
我是薇莉安缇复♥制♥画的最大收藏家 我要告你
I am the biggest collector of Veliante forgieries and I’ll sue you!
说到底就是你动作太慢 比利
You were too slow, Billy that’s all there is to it!
你没有及时出价
You didn’t get in with your bid in time! You were too late!
你动作太慢了 没跟上我的速度
Too late! You didn’t keep up with me for Christ’s sake!
我看不到她
The old trout was behind me.
否则我会再出一次价
If I’d seen her I’d have come in with another bid.
是你退步了 你退步了
You’re losing it! You’re losing it! You’re losing it!
也许我的功力确实不如以前
Maybe you’re right; maybe I’m not up to it like I used to be…
但我们不是没失手过
but it’s not the first time we’ve messed up.
拍卖♥♥就是这样 你从来没这么气过
It’s the way things go. You never went into a rage like this before.
那不是薇莉安缇的复♥制♥画
That wasn’t a Veliante forgery…
那是彼得鲁斯•克里斯帝的真迹
it was the genuine article by Petrus Christus…
价值800万英镑
it’ll be worth eight million pounds.
我的天哪 我真的很抱歉
Oh blimey! I’m sorry, honestly…
不过过去我们没标到梵高”拿摺扇的女士”
but even when we lost Van Gogh’s “Lady with the fan”
你也没这么激动
you didn’t take it this hard.
到底怎么了?
What’s going on Virgil?
6♥4♥2 729
Six hundred and forty-two. Seven hundred and twenty-nine.
Nine hundred and eighteen.
1011 1119
One thousand and eleven. One thousand, one hundred and nineteen.
1320 1404
One thousand, three hundred and twenty. One thousand, four hundred and four.
先生要什么?
What will you have?
One thousand five hundred and eighty-one.
茶 谢谢
Tea, thank you.
Eight thousand one hundred and nine.
Eight thousand seven hundred and twenty-five.
不对 是8625
Sorry, darling… eight thousand six hundred and twenty five.
Eight thousand seven hundred and twenty five.
Eight thousand seven hundred and twenty five.
看清楚一点 白♥痴♥
Take a closer look, you moron.
靠 你是对的
Shit, you’re right!
是8725
Eight thousand seven hundred and twenty five.
干得好 美眉
Well done, girl!
先生?
Sir!
再见
BYE-bye!
我用特殊溶液彻底清理
I gave them a thorough clean with this special fluid
然后一分一毫的检查 你看我发现了什么
and I’ve studied them milimetre by milimetre. And look what’s come up.
沃康桑
Vaucanson…
不会吧
I can’t believe it!
贾克•沃康桑 18世纪的机器人制♥造♥者
Jacques Vaucanson 18th century constructor of automata.
我念书时的论文题目就是他
When I was a student I did my thesis on him.
真是太棒了
That’s incredible!
他最有名的机器人好像还会说话
It seems one of his most famous androids even managed to talk.
没错 人们还付钱问它问题
Exactly. People would pay money to ask it questions.
那具机器人会转头 鞠躬 然后回答问题
The android would move its head bow and give its reply.
里头一定藏了人 可能是侏儒
You know I bet someone was hiding inside.
就像爱伦•坡对梅尔佐棋赛机的怀疑
A dwarf, maybe just like Edgar Allan Poe suspected in the case of Maelzel’s chess player.
很有可能 但是没有人能够解释
More than likely, but the mystery nobody was ever able to explain
沃康桑的机器人为何总能答对
was how Vaucanson’s automaton always got it right.
机器人会说话当然是耍了花招
Of course, there was some trickery in making the automaton talk
但它什么都说对了
but everything it said was true.
你把零件都带来
You bring me all the pieces and I promise you I can put
我保证能重组出当初的原型
them back together exactly as Vaucanson had them.
我相信
I don’t doubt it, but I fear
但我没机会再拿到零件了
I’ve lost my chance of getting my hands on the missing pieces.
一定都在同样的地方
All right, but they must be in the same place that you found these mustn’t they?
我只需要八成的零件
All I need is 80% of the elements.
剩下的我可以自己打造
I can work out the rest and rebuild it myself.
没那么容易
It’s not that easy.
抱歉 我女朋友来了
I’m sorry, Mr. Oldman but that’s my girlfriend.
莎拉 这位是佛吉尔•欧德曼先生
Sarah, this is Mr. Virgil Oldman.
幸会
Pleased to meet you, Sarah.
你好 劳勃经常提到你
It’s a pleasure. Robert has told me so much about you.
我以为年轻人有更刺♥激♥的事好聊
I thought young people had more exciting things to talk about.
跟我们一起去吃饭吧?
Why don’t you come and grab a bite with us?
你真客气 改天吧 谢谢
That’s very kind. Another time. Thank you.
好吧 我们不坚持 但是说好啰
All right, we won’t insist but that’s a promise.
拜
Bye.
再见
Goodbye.
取消纽约之行 叫艾佛森一家来这里
Cancel the trip to New York and tell the Alphersons to meet us here.
但说要会面的是我们
It was us who called the meeting.
我们改变心意了
So we’ve changed our minds.
有问题吗?
Is that a problem?
遵命 欧德曼先生
All right Mr. Oldman.
克蕾儿•伊贝森来过电♥话♥
Claire lbbetson’s been on the phone.
她又想怎样?
What does she want now?
她想约你今天2点半见面
She asked if you could meet her today, at 2:30.