我认为我一生中最激动的时刻之一
I think one of the most emotional moments of my life
是在我加入3K党的那个晚上
was the night that I was initiated into the Klan.
我被带进了黑暗的克莱文大厅
I was led into the Klavern hall, which was dark.
本片改编自一个真实的故事
我眼中唯一的那束光
The only light that I could see
来自一个火红的十字架
was a fiery cross.
并藉此让我撑过了整个仪式
And that… put me through the ceremony.
从水中洗礼而出
Purified me with water.
我被双手触肩 只听见
Laid his hand on my shoulder, says,
你是隐形帝国
“You’re part of the Invisible Empire,
美♥利♥坚♥3K合众党的一份子了
United Klans of America.”
之后礼堂中便响起了热烈的掌声
And there was a tremendous applause throughout the auditorium.
我眼含泪水从地上站了起来
And I came up off the floor really in tears.
因为这是我一生都在寻求的
Because that’s what I’d been looking for all my life.
一个被倾听的机会
An opportunity to be heard,
一个有所为的机会
an opportunity to be something.
我起初告诉他 绝不
I first told him, “Hell no!”
除了把他干掉之外
I would never, ever.
我别无他求
But kill him, that’s all I want.
我是一心要把他干掉
That was on my heart to kill him.
这就是我在德罕一带的名声
This is the kind of reputation that I have in Durham.
我不是在吹牛 这就是事实
I’m not bragging about it, but it is the truth.
你可以打电♥话♥问德罕的人们
You can call Durham,
他们会告诉你的
and they will tell you.
不 我不允许别人反驳我
Uh, no, I will not take no for an answer.
我一定要得到一致的同意
I have to have the word “yes.”
因为我们所有人身体里
Because all of our blood,
流着的都是相同颜色的血
when it comes out, is the same color.
我还没有看到过有谁的血
I haven’t seen any blood different yet
与我的血颜色不同
than the color of mine.
我是说无论你信仰什么 我一直在说
And I’m sayin’ whatever you believe in… I keep sayin’ it…
坚持住 宝贝 坚持住
stand on it, baby, stand on it.
最佳敌人
德罕 北卡罗来纳州 1971年
住房♥要平等 住房♥要平等
Equal housing now! Equal housing now!
他们把这称作魔力之城 阿特金斯先生
They call this Magic City, Mr. Atkins.
但这里可没有魔法
Ain’t no magic here.
亚伯·格林菲尔德就是一个
Abe Greenfeld ain’t nothin’
卑鄙的烂房♥东
but a vile slumlord.
你我心知肚明
You know it, and I know it.
并且东德罕的黑人
And the black people of East Durham
拥有与其他任何人相同的权利
have the same rights as anybody else.
这个女孩 阿特金斯先生
This girl, Mr. Atkins,
这位年轻的女士是三个孩子的单亲妈妈
this young lady is a single mother of three children.
今天早上她醒来时接到了驱逐令
And she wake up this morning to an eviction notice.
但是那儿断了热水供应
But there’s no hot water.
多久了 宝贝 两个星期对吗
What, baby, for two weeks?
没错
That’s right,
安女士
Miss A.
两个星期了 并且你还说过
Two weeks, and you say, what?
没有厕所对吗
No toilet?
没有厕所
No toilet.
没有厕所 这根本不是人住的地方
No toilet. And that ain’t no way for no human to live.
阿特金斯先生
Mr. Atkins,
我们已经书面投诉得够多了
we done writin’ letters here.
我们希望在明晚的裁决前得到答复
We want to be heard before tomorrow night’s ruling.
阿特沃特小姐 你知道我们的日程很紧
Miss Atwater, you know our agenda is tight,
我们不能给每个想发言的人
and we simply cannot allot time to everybody
都安排时间
that wants to speak.
现在 谢谢你们 请你们出去吧
Now thank you. Show yourselves out.
塔克先生 是什么风把您给吹来了
Mr. Tucker, to what do I owe this pleasure?
坐着
Sit down.
也祝您有个十分极其美妙的下午
And a mighty fine afternoon to you, too.
现在你听我说 议员
Now you listen to me, Councilman!
你也是 塔克先生
And you too, Mr. Tucker!
除非我们能得到确切答复
We ain’t goin’ nowhere
否则我们哪儿也不去
until we get down to the brass tacks.
你们明白我的意思吗
You understand me?
一切都还好吗 比尔
Everything all right here, Bill?
奥德哈姆先生
Mr. Oldham,
我们已经在这儿坐了半个多小时了
now we have been sitting here for over half an hour.
-议员就只在那儿 -安
– The councilman ain’t done nothin’ but… – Ann.
安 明晚我们会给你们机会发言的
Ann. We’re gonna give you your chance to speak tomorrow night.
好了吗
Are we good now?
还没呢
Not yet.
走吧
Come on.
塞缪尔·格蕾丝 谁赞成
Samuel Grace. Ayes?
运动员俱乐部
-赞成 -谁反对
– Aye. – Nays?
好了 那么 暂定弗雷德·艾格特
Okay, then. Fred Eggert,
吉恩·韦德尔
Gene Waddle,
和塞缪尔·格蕾丝为美♥利♥坚♥3K合众党
and Samuel Grace are tentatively approved as
北卡罗莱纳州隐形帝国第九分部
new citizens of North Carolina Unit Nine of the Invisible Empire,
的新成员
United Klans of America.
克里格夫负责审查申请书
Kligraph is directed to certify the petitions
和准备宣誓仪式
and prepare the oaths for ceremony.
罗伊 定到下周就可以了
Roy, next week should be fine.
最后一项 战斗与枪♥械♥训练
Final item. Combat and firearms training
于本周六中午12点到下午4点
resumes this Saturday from noon to 4:00
在副官弗洛伊德·凯利的监督下继续进行
under the supervision of second officer Floyd Kelly.
并且我要提醒青年团的团员
And I’ll remind the Youth Corps members that
这次训练所有人都必须参加
this training is mandatory.
你们都听见了吗 我在跟你们说呢
Y’all hear me? I’m talkin’ to you.
让我们低下头吧
Let’s bow our heads.
万能的主啊
Heavenly Father,
请赐予我们坚定的意志 宽广的内心
give us strong minds, great hearts,
忠诚的信仰 以及勤劳的双手
true faith, and ready hands.
让我们脱离世界之束缚
Keep us unfettered from the world
为种族正义而战
that we might fight the good fight
赢得那无上的荣光
and be worthy to claim the prize.
愿我们作为兄弟和3K党员
May we as brethren and Klansmen
坚定不移
be steadfast and unremovable.
当我们从克莱文大厅出发
As we go hence from this Klavern
进入外部世界的斗争时
into the struggle of the alien world,
不要忘记3K党员至高无上的荣耀
let us not forget the crowning glory of a Klansman
在于服务
is to serve.
不为己 为他人
Non silba, sed anthar.
不为自己 只为他人
Not for self, but for others!
让他准备好
Get him ready.
-你说得对 -他生来就是如此
– You can say that again. – He was born ready.
或者不是
Ready or not.
埃利斯先生
Mr. Ellis?
这就是
This is, uh,
这就是我和你讲的那个新来的男孩
this is the new boy I was telling you about.
是的 是的 是的
Oh, sure. Sure, sure.
是的 本 到办公室来吧
Sure, Ben. Come on in the office.
伙计们回头见
I’ll see you fellas.
请坐
Have a seat.
你叫什么名字 孩子
What’s your name, son?
伦纳德 先生
Leonard, sir.
别紧张 伦纳德
Don’t be nervous, Leonard.
本告诉我你想加入青年团
Ben here tells me you’d like to be a part of the Youth Corps.
是的 没错 先生
Yes. Yes, sir.
你为什么想加入青年团 伦纳德
Why do you want to be in the Youth Corps, Leonard?
为了
To help…
为了能够保护美国白人种族
To help protect the the white race of America
免受共♥产♥主义黑鬼和犹太人侵害 先生
from the communist niggers and Jews who threaten us, sir.
真是个好孩子
That’s a good boy.
但并不仅仅于此
But that’s not all.
是我们的权利 我们的自♥由♥
It’s our rights, our freedoms,
我们的生活方式需要得到保护
our way of life that need protecting.
我们是濒危人种 伦纳德
We’re an endangered species, Leonard.