– What business? – You tell her.
进出口贸易
Import-export.
不过现在重于出口
Although nowadays, there’s rather more ex…
懂我意思吗
if you know what I mean
我不太明白
No, I’m afraid I don’t.
我得去洗个脸
I have to go and splash some water on my face.
让我淹死得了
Please, God, I drown in it.
-这真是愉快的对话 -不愉快
– Well, look. It’s been lovely chatting. – No, it hasn’t.
是不愉快 但是我得走了
No, it hasn’t. But I really have to go.
凯萝 凯萝
Look, Carol, Carol.
我们别装样子了
Can we drop all this pretense?
重新来一次
Start again?
我不迷人 也不风趣
I’m not charming. I’m not good at repartee. And…
我叫诺曼 我很寂寞
My name’s Norman, and I’m lonely.
我叫凯萝 我也是
My name’s Carol. So am I.
第22天
Day 22.
就像达尔文雀 我们在慢慢适应环境
Like Darwin’s finches, we are slowly adapting to our environment.
一旦适应了
And when one does adapt,
生活就变得丰富多彩了
my god, the riches that are available.
渴望过去 也不能让时光倒流
There is no past that we can bring back by longing for it.
只有当下
Only a present
随过去的远去而渐渐形成
that builds and creates itself as the past withdraws.
昨晚上没有睡好
Didn’t sleep a wink last night.
水龙头一直在滴水
The tap in there never stopped dripping.
我跟杨·瓦辛姆说了
Ah. I spoke to Young Wasim about that.
-他怎么说 -不知道 他说印度话
– What did he say? – No idea. It was in Hindi.
-我想自己修 -你 什么时候
– I thought I might fix it myself. – You? When?
现在就最好不过
Well, no time like the present.
这是哪儿 我们在哪儿
Where is this? Where are we?
嘉塔旧英属殖民区 喀奇巴辛
Janta Colony, Kachchi Basil.
为什么不走平常的路线
Well, what happened to my usual route?
阿诺姬邀请您去她家
Anokhi has invited you to her home.
阿诺姬是谁
Who’s Anokhi?
每天给您端食物的女仆
The one who brings your food.
她想让您见见她的家人
She wants you to meet her family.
我什么时候能走
How soon can I leave?
她想感谢您的友善
She wants to thank you for your kindness.
我没怎么友善啊
I haven’t been kind.
只有您跟她说话了
You are the only one that acknowledges her.
我可不吃那个
I’m not eating that.
您不吃 就是对她极大的侮辱
You will insult her very deeply if you do not.
很好吃
It’s good.
滚开 小兔崽子 滚开
Get off there! The little bastards! Get off!
叫他们别碰
Get up! Get ’em off there!
快滚开
Get ’em off me…
我 我
I… I di…
我不知道他们在玩
I didn’t know they were playing. I…
对不起
Sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起
Sorry.
这个多少钱
How much for this piece?
1000卢比
One thousand rupees.
-谢谢 -等等 等等
– Thank you. – No, no, no, no.
抱歉 这样不行
Forgive me. Forgive me. No, no.
不能这样
That’s, um- that’s not how it works.
抱歉多管闲事
Uh, sorry to butt in.
你不能问他卖♥♥多少钱
But, uh, you don’t ask him how much he wants.
你直接告诉他你愿出多少钱
You just tell him how much you’ll pay.
她出200卢比
She’ll give you, uh… she’ll give you 200.
不能再多了
Absolutely no more, final offer.
-1000卢比 -真可惜
– One thousand rupees. – Pity.
-我们走 -但是
– Walk away. Now walk away. – Oh, but
我心里有数
I know what I’m doing.
但我真的很想要那个
The thing is I really wanted to buy that.
他会追上来的
He’ll come after us.
-你确定 -当然
– Do you think so? – Absolutely.
就是这么玩的 继续走
This is how the game is played. Just keep on walking.
他假装冷漠 但是他会来的
He’s playing it very cool, but he’ll come.
他演得很好 非常冷静
He’s playing it very, very, um, cool.
850 900 950 1000
850, 900, 950, 1,000.
-谢谢 -不客气
– Thank you. – Sure.
下次你准赢
You’ll get him next time.
你为什么带着水龙头
Why are you carrying a tap?
虽说我不是专家 但我觉得
You see, what I think, and of course, I’m no expert,
问题在于压紧螺母偏离了主轴
is that the gland nut has come away from the spindle,
所以得进行固定并重封装
so it needs to be tightened and resealed.
垫圈阀蚀坏了
The washer valve has eroded.
是啊 也可能是这个问题
Yeah. Uh, well, uh, yeah. It-It-It could be that too.
-你能修好它吗 -这不便宜
– Um, uh, can you fix it? – Not cheaply.
不便宜 非常贵
Not cheaply. Most expensively indeed.
前几天 我乘坐一辆嘟嘟车
I was in a… I was in a tuk-tuk the other day.
司机没走平常那条回酒店的路
It didn’t seem to be taking the usual route back to the hotel.
原来 他决定带我去另一家酒店
It turned out the driver had decided to take me to another hotel…
他认为我会更喜欢那里
he was sure I’d prefer.
当然 我愿意相信
Of course, one wants to believe
他是真心为我着想
that he genuinely had my welfare at heart…
而不是因为那家酒店是他小舅子开的
and that it wasn’t run by his brother-in-law.
人们总愿信任别人 你说呢
One wants to trust in general, don’t you think?
但其实日久也未必见人心
But you never really know.
我跟我丈夫在镇上的游乐园相遇
I met my husband the day the fair came to town.
我和朋友去坐旋转木马
My girlfriend and I went on the carousel.
她的马是好的 但是开始之后
Her horse was fine, but when the ride started,
我觉得我的马抖了一下 好像要垮掉
I felt mine give a little, as if it might collapse.
突然 有双手抱住了我
And then suddenly, I felt these arms around me,
我耳边有个声音说 相信我 我就信了
and a voice in my ear said, just trust me, and I did.
毫不怀疑 直到他死的那天
Without question, till the day he died.
真美好啊
How wonderful.
我们的公♥寓♥上周卖♥♥掉了
The sale of our flat went through last week.
我得卖♥♥了它给休还债
I had to sell it to pay off Hugh’s debts.
我不得不在这儿找了份工作
I’ve been forced to get a job out here,
不过我倒喜欢上这工作了
which, in fact, I love.
但我工作是因为就桑尼的房♥价
Because even at Sonny’s rates,
也让我入不敷出
I couldn’t make ends meet.
因为我们毕生的积蓄部没了
Not after what happened to our life savings.
所以你是对的 日久也未必见人心
So, no, you’re right. You never know.
走开 对不起
Off you go then. Excuse me.
走开 快回家
Off you go. Go home! Go, go!
我都填过这张表了
But I’ve already filled this form in.
也交给你了 都反复几次了
I’ve given it to you, many times.
这是办事程序
There is a process.
您要进行咨♥询♥
You are making an inquiry,
每次咨♥询♥ 都要填表格
and for each inquiry, a form must be filled in.
但我每天都是来咨♥询♥一件事啊
But it’s the same inquiry I make every day.
因此您也得填一样的表格
And, therefore, the same form you must fill in.
安斯利太太
Mrs. Ainslie.
你怎么受得了这个国家
How can you bear this country?
你喜欢这儿的什么
What do you see that I don’t?
这里的光明和色彩
Oh, the light, colors.
人们的笑容
Smiles.
还有人们对生命的态度
And… And the way people see life
把它当做是特权 而不是权利
as a- as a- as a privilege and-and not a right.
对我很有启发
It…It teaches me something.
-这奶杀过菌吗 -是的
– Is that milk pasteurized? – Yes, ma’am. Very, very pasturized.
这不是真的吧 你刚刚在对我撒谎
But that’s not true, is it? You’re lying to me just now because-
没事 不碍事的
No, no. It’ll be fine.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我很高兴你能出来走走看看
It was a pleasant surprise to see you out and about.
-是吗 -是啊 这是进步啊
– Was it? – Yes, yes. It’s progress, I think.
我想去银行来着
I was going to the bank.
去银行
To the bank.
虽说没有任何消息

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!