那头小毛驴吗?
The little miniature fella?
哎呀 不得了了 多大的事
Well, Jesus, boys, I’ll tell ya this much. . .
两点钟
Two o’clock.
我害死了一头小毛驴
I killed a miniature donkey.
是个意外
It was by accident. . .
可我还是很愧疚
but I do feel bad about it.
你觉得上帝会关心一头驴的命吗 科尔姆?
Do you think God gives a damn about miniature donkeys, Colm?
可能不会吧
I fear he doesn’t.
可我担心会因此酿成大错
And I fear that’s where it’s all gone wrong.
就这些吗?
Is that it?
怎么了?
Is what it?
你是不是忘了几件事?
Aren’t you forgetting a couple of things?
没有 我都忏悔过了
No, I think I’ve covered it.
打警♥察♥难道不算一项罪过吗?
Wouldn’t you say punching a policeman is a sin?
这件事啊
Ah here.
如果打警♥察♥也是罪过
If punching a policeman is a sin,
那我们还是别信教了吧
we may as well just pack up and go home.
自残身体也是罪过
And self-mutilation is a sin.
最大的罪过之一
It’s one of the biggest.
是吗?
Is it?
自残身体 这倒是真的
Self-mutilation, so you have me there.
五倍的罪过
Multiplied by five.
你的绝望感呢?
How’s the despair?
又严重了些
It’s back a bit.
你不打算管它了吗?
But you’re not gonna do anything about it?
我不打算管它了 算了
I’m not gonna do anything about it, no.
亲爱的帕瑞克
Dear Padraic,
我已在本岛安顿下来 这里生活很好
Dear Padraic,
我已在本岛安顿下来 这里生活很好
I am safely ensconced in the mainland and, Padraic, it’s lovely here.
此刻 我的窗外有一条河在哗哗流淌
There’s a river running past my window as I write,
我感觉人们也没那么多愤恨和狂热
and the people already seem less bitter and mental.
我不知道这是为什么 也许因为有很多人是从西班牙来的
I’m not sure why, but I think it’s ’cause a lot of them are from Spain.
我最想说的是 我给你留了床铺 帕瑞克
Mostly, I wanted to say there’s a spare bed here for you, Padraic.
战争快结束了 你过来的话 会有工作的
And with the war almost over, I think there’d be work for ya here.
反正你在伊尼希尔岛上也没什么了
Because there’s nothing for you on Inisherin.
再待下去 无非是更多苦闷和憎恶
Nothing but more bleakness and grudges
还有寂寞和怨恨
and loneliness and spite
一天天消磨着时光 直到死去
and the slow passing of time until death.
反正去哪里都是度过一生
And sure, you can do that anywhere.
所以你快来吧 帕瑞克 离开那座岛
So come, Padraic. Leave there.
多米尼克可以帮你照顾珍妮和其他牲口
Dominic can look after Jenny and the rest of your animals.
他们可以一起搬进我们的房♥子里
They could move into the house together.
你快来 帕瑞克 求你了
So come now, Padraic, please.
趁一切还不晚
Before it’s all too late.
亲爱的西布安
Dear Siobhan.
显然 我没懂你说的安顿
Obviously, I don’t know what “ensconced” is,
不过谢谢你给我留了床铺之类的
but I thank you for the offer of the free bed and the whatnot.
可是恐怕我无法接受你的好意
But I won’t be takin’ you up on it, I’m afraid.
我说过的 我的生活都在伊尼希尔岛
As I told you, me life is on Inisherin.
我的朋友们 我养的牲口
Me friends, me animals.
珍妮
在我回信时
Even now as I write,
小毛驴珍妮正看着我 仿佛在说
little donkey Jenny is looking at me, saying,
请不要走 帕瑞克 我们会想你的
“Please don’t go, Padraic. We’d miss ya. ”
小东西还用鼻子拱我
And nuzzling me, the gilly-gooly.
让开 珍妮
Get off, Jenny.
还有一件事
In other news,
说起来有点难过
in sadder news, actually,
恐怕我什么也不能托付给多米尼克了
I won’t be able to ask Dominic anything, I’m afraid.
因为今天早上 人们在湖里发现了他
Because they found him in the lake this morning.
我猜测 他是失足掉进了湖里
I suppose he must’ve slipped and fell in.
这样一来 也没人可以帮忙照顾牲口了
So, there’d be no one to take care of the animals, anyway.
再没别的新闻了
No other news, really.
除了我爱你 西布安
Except that I love you, Siobhan.
我很想你
And I miss ya.
希望有一天能再见到你
And I hope I’ll see ya again someday.
如果你能回家的话
If you ever come back home.
回来吧 西布安
Come back home, Siobhan.
你真诚的 爱你的哥哥
Yours sincerely, your loving brother. . .
帕瑞克·苏利文
Padraic Suilleabhain.
我的房♥子被你烧了 我们算了结了吧
Suppose me house makes us quits.
你要是待在房♥子里 那才算了结了
If you’d stayed in your house, that would’ve made us quits.
可你逃出来了 所以不能算
But you didn’t, did ya, so it doesn’t, does it?
帕瑞克 你的驴子死了 我很抱歉
I’m sorry about your donkey, Padraic.
我真的很抱歉
Honestly, I am.
我才不管你有多抱歉
I don’t fucking care.
有一两天没听到本岛传来炮火声了
Haven’t heard any rifle fire from the mainland in a day or two.
看来战争要结束了
I think they’re coming to the end of it.
过不了多久 他们肯定又会打起来 你说呢?
I’m sure they’ll be at it again soon enough, aren’t you?
有些事情一辈子也放不下
Some things there’s no movin’ on from.
我觉得那也挺好的
And I think that’s a good thing.
帕瑞克
Padraic.
谢谢你帮我照看我的狗
Thanks for lookin’ after me dog for me, anyways.
不客气
Any time.
纪念乔恩·格雷戈里
伊尼希尔岛的女妖

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!