上帝啊 我本来有多少计划!
God, I had such plans!
至少她想要你 比我的亲生母亲想要我的程度更多
At least she wanted you, which is more than I can say for my own mother.
现在 离开这里 我应该检查下我的血压
Now, get out of here. I’m supposed to be watching my blood pressure.
她只是说气话
She don’t mean it.
她爱你
She loves you.
-是啊 看起来是这样 不是吗? -哦 她爱你
– Yeah, it looks like it, doesn’t it? – Oh, she does.
所以她永远不会放弃你
That’s why she could never give you up.
别担心 一切都会好起来的
Don’t fret. It’ll be all right, you’ll see.
上帝是好的
God’s good.
-吃个薄荷球吧 -哦 我喜欢!
– Have a mint ball. – Oh, I love those!
你怎么敢在这种时候笑?
How dare you laugh at a time like this?
你得去堕胎
You’re having an abortion.
你错了 妈妈
You’re wrong, Mum.
我要留下这个孩子
I’m keeping this baby.
别这么说 你不适合
Don’t talk soft. You’re not fit.
我他妈的比你更适合!
Well, I’m a damn sight fitter than you are!
至少我不会让她一辈子都感到内疚
At least I won’t make her feel guilty her whole life.
我不会像你对我那样对待这个孩子
I am not gonna do to this baby what you did to me.
可怜的小家伙 应该得到比我所拥有的更好的
Poor bugger deserves better than what I had.
你要是不改变主意 我就再也不理你了
You’ll change your mind or I’ll never speak to you again.
人生比婴儿更糟糕的事情多的去了 婴儿是好的
There’s worse things than babies. They’re nice, babies are.
你们两个混♥蛋♥!
Damn you both!
男孩还是女孩?
Boy or girl?
抱歉 不能说
Sorry, can’t say.
不过一切看起来都很好
Everything looks absolutely fine, though.
那是我们的宝贝 奶奶
That’s our baby, Nan.
-我要把这个扔了 要扔吗? -这是什么?
– I’m having a rid-out. Shall I bin this? – What is it?
这是约克大学给你的入学邀请
It’s your offer from York University.
你还记得吗? 你得到它的时候高兴得哭了
You remember? You were crying with happiness when you got it.
他们说婴儿很健康
They said the baby’s fine.
盖尔医生邀请我共进晚餐 给我两分钟
Dr Gale’s invited me for dinner. Give me two minutes.
是个漂亮的宝宝
It’s a bonny baby.
你可以看到它的这儿那儿
You could see all its bits and pieces.
所以现在她又有了你为她鞍前马后了 对吗?
So she’s got you running about after her now as well, has she?
呃…
Erm…
他们不肯说是什么 但我觉得是个男孩
They wouldn’t let on what it is, but I’d say it’s a boy.
因为全都往她的腹部前方生长
Cos she’s carrying it all at the front.
-如果是个女孩 腹部就不那么突… -喂 说得好像你经历过似的!
– And with a girl, you’ve less of a… – Oh, like you’d know!
-这些都是你买♥♥的吗 妈妈? -不然你以为这些是怎么来的?
– Was it you bought all this, Mum? – How else d’you think it got there?
-谢谢 我不知道… -这只是目录上的
– Thanks. I don’t know what… – It’s only from the catalogue.
你开始看起来状态不错 你可以分期付款给我
You were beginning to look a right state. You can pay me back in instalments.
我有东西要给你看
I’ve got something to show you.
不要剪掉标签 如果不合适 它们可以退回去
Don’t cut out the labels and if they don’t fit, they can go back.
但她怎么会犯和我一样的错误呢?
But how can she have made the same mistake I did?
我是说 一模一样的!
I mean, the very same one!
她不知道这有多难
She’s no idea how hard it’s gonna be.
她本可以拥有一切 上大学 拿到学位
She could have had it all, gone to university, got a degree,
遇到一个像丹尼尔这样的好男孩 医生的儿子 律师的儿子 我不介意
met a nice boy like Daniel, doctor’s son, lawyer’s son, I’m not fussed.
但那必须等时机成熟
But when the time was right.
但她也做了同样的选择…
But she’s done exactly the same thing…
是的 我选错了 我把自己搞得一团糟
.. I did. Gone for the wrong type and got herself into a mess
而她应该做的 是等待一个体面的男人
when what she should have been doing is holding out for a decent man.
一个欣赏她的人 一个关心她的人
Someone who appreciates her. Someone who’ll care for her.

Oh.
-李奥 对不起 -对不起
– Oh, Leo, I’m sorry. – I’m sorry.
对不起 不 对不起 我并不想…
Sorry, no, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…
我才抱歉 呃
I’m sorry. Erm…
哦 太棒了!
Oh, yes!
-我们还会再见吧? -别得寸进尺
– Are we back on again, then? – Don’t push it.
这意大利面真好吃 盖尔太太
This is really good spaggy bol, Mrs Gale.
实际上是意大利面配牛至香蒜沙司
It’s actually tagliatelle with an oregano pesto sauce.
很高兴你这么喜欢
Glad you’re enjoying it so much.
怀孕期间吃好是很重要的
It’s important to eat well during pregnancy.
奶奶只吃三文鱼罐头和五花肉 很恶心
All Nan eats is tins of salmon and belly pork. Disgusting stuff.
我妈妈会为这样的房♥子痴迷的
My mum would kill for a house like this.
她也会喜欢那个壁炉的 只是它放不进我们的房♥子
And she’d love that fireplace – except it wouldn’t fit in our house.
-能再给我来点吗 -当然可以
– Can I have some more, please? – Course you can.
是的 请自便
Yes, help yourself.
我不习惯这么晚吃饭 我们通常在五点左右喝茶
I’m not used to eating so late. We usually have our tea around five.
再晚奶奶就不行了 她会开始嚼桌布了
Nan couldn’t manage any later. She’d be chewing the tablecloth.
-天啊 真有趣 -妈妈!
– Goodness. How interesting. – Mum!
怎么了 亲爱的?
What is it, darling?
等你们吃完了 你们两个为什么不去花♥园♥喝一杯呢?
When you’re finished, you two, why don’t you take your drinks to the garden?
这是个美好的夜晚
It’s a lovely evening.
我再吃一点夏巴塔面包
I’ll just have some of the ciabatta.
好 尽情拿吧
Yes, you go right ahead.
你喜欢什么就拿走什么
Take whatever you like.
对不起 我不知道她有这种感觉
I’m sorry. I didn’t know she felt like that.
我应该道歉
I- I should be apologising. It’s…
我不该带你来的
I shouldn’t have brought you round.
天啊 刚才简直就像核冬天一样
God, it’s like a nuclear winter in this house.
不过我能理解她的想法
I can sort of see her point, though.
一个普通的怀孕的女人抓住了天才儿子的手
Common pregnant slapper gets claws into genius son.
我觉得这跟你没关系
I don’t think it’s all to do with you.
他们有自己的问题
They’ve got their own problems.
我妈妈有 我是说…
Well, my mum has. I mean…
她在这里很不开心 她很想回到吉尔福德
she’s really unhappy here and she’s desperate to go back to Guildford.
-她又开始酗酒了 -那你们为什么搬来?
– She’s started drinking again. – So why’d you come?
呃…
Erm…
她有了外遇 这本来应该是一个新的开始
she had this… affair and this is supposed to be a fresh start.
哎呀
Blimey.
但他是那个婚姻指导顾问
With a marriage guidance counsellor.
抱歉 这不好笑
Sorry, that’s not funny.
所以… 我们搬来了这里 远离朋友和家人
So… here we are, miles away from friends and family
结果所有怨恨都在我们自己的内心中酝酿
and all simmering in our own individual vats of resentment.
我告诉你 我们有很多漫长的夜晚
We have some long evenings, I tell you.
有时候我觉得你是唯一能让我保持理智的人
Sometimes I think you’re the only thing keeping me sane.
对不起 对不起 对不起
Sorry, sorry, sorry.
不 不 是我的错 我只是下意识反应
No, no, it’s me. I wasn’t thinking.
真蠢
Stupid.
我希望你已经弄好那些眼镜了
I hope you’ve finished with those glasses.
我想我们肯定结束了
I think we’ve definitely finished.
看在上帝的份上!
Oh, for God’s sake!
-什么? -只是…
– What? – Just…
别闷闷不乐了
stop moping.
是你自己惹的麻烦 我没有让你冲我发脾气
You got yourself into this mess. I’m not having you sulking at me.
-我没有 -看起来是的
– I’m not. – Looks like it.
话说回来 你朋友呢?
Where’s your friend, anyway?
那个穿着闪亮盔甲的骑士 了不起的丹尼尔
Your knight in shining armour. The marvellous Daniel.
还是你也搞砸了?
Or have you messed up there as well?
我能在镜子里看到你 夏洛特
I can see you in the mirror, Charlotte.
还是个医生的儿子呢
A doctor’s son too.
你知道 也许有几个月的时间思考是件好事
You know, maybe it was a good thing having months to think on.
我们已经找到了你的生母
We’ve managed to track down your birth mother.
好的
Right.
然而 在当前阶段
However, at this stage,
我只能给你一个中间联♥系♥人的详细信息
I can only give you the details of an intermediary contact.
一位住在伦敦的比蒂夫人
A Mrs Beattie in London.
你需要先和她谈谈 然后再进一步
You need to speak to her first before you go any further.
伦敦
London.
我没想到…
Well, I’d not reckoned on…
那就这样吧
Well, that’s that, then.
来吧 你先拆
Go on, you first.
B… C…
B… C…
C… E.
C… E.
D… E… D. 死了
D… E… D. Dead.
等我妈看到了 我就死了
And I will be when my mum hears.
A… A… A… A.
A… A… A… A.
天啊 我有麻烦了
God, am I in trouble.
不要 不要 不要 不要!
Don’t! Don’t! Don’t! Don’t!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!