and after three pilots ‘deaths…
他终于揭开了这个四百万宝贝的面纱
he’s finally unveiling his $4 million baby doll.
这是有史以来耗资最大的电影
It’s the most expensive movie ever made.
休斯先生手下不出便宜货
Nothing five- and- dime for our Mr. Hughes.
今晚的盛况以前从未有过
Nothing like tonight has ever been seen before,
而且我敢说…
and I can say…
今后也再不会有
it will never be seen again.
五十万人为了一睹众星的风采
Five hundred thousand people are crowding…
拥挤在街道两旁
the streets to get a glimpse of the stars.
三个连的海军陆战队被召唤来…
Three companies of Marines were called to assist…
协助250名特别警♥察♥…
the 250 special police…
共同维持秩序…
who are handling this enormous crowd…
这是个工业城市
This is an industry town.
没有人 从没有人在摄影棚外拍电影
And nobody but nobody make a movie outside a studio.
布朗德比饭店的某些好莱坞人士…
Some Hollywood insiders over at…
可能在讪笑…
the Brown Derby may be laughing…
哦 我想…
And now, I think…
对 对 我现在看到 休斯先生的车子到了
Yes, yes, I can see Mr. Hughes ‘ car arriving now.
休斯先生陪伴着可爱的新星珍哈露
Mr. Hughes escorts the lovely starlet Jean Harlow.
他为这部影片发掘了她
He discovered her for this picture,
我们认为她白金色的秀发…
and we think her platinum blond locks…
和爵士宝贝的风格
and hot- jazz, baby- doll style…
将使她成为巨星
are gonna make her a big star.
霍华德! 霍华德!
Howard! Howard!
这里!
Over here!
这边 老板 就在这儿
This way, boss. Right over there.
休斯先生 说几句怎么样?
Mr. Hughes, how about a word?
对你来说是不寻常的一晚啊 休斯先生
Big night for you, Mr. Hughes.
对你来说不寻常啊
Big night for you tonight.
很不寻常 很不寻常
Very big. Very big.
告诉我们制♥作♥这部影片
Tell us what it was like…
是怎样的心情
making this fabulous picture.
对
Yes.
好
Yeah.
那么 您自己掏了四百万的腰包
So 4 million clams from your own pocket.
对电影的票房♥会不会紧张?
Nervous how the flick will fly?
不寻常的夜晚 好好享受表演
Big night. You enjoy the show.
好的 让我来介绍 这部巨作…
Yes, well, let me present the feminine star…
地狱天使的女主角…
of this spectacle, Hell’s Angels…
…珍哈露小姐 – 谢谢你
…Miss Jean Harlow. – Thank you.
借此机会我想…
I would like to use this…
公开感谢休斯先生…
occasion to thank Mr. Hughes…
能给我这个机会 谢谢你
for the opportunity he gave me. Thank you.
谢谢你们! 现在让罗斯科·阿巴克…
Thank you! Now I’d like to ask Roscoe Arbuckle…
来介绍一下他的宠物小狮子 吉尔莫
to introduce his pet lion cub, Gilmore.
你是怎么了? 不记得我的名字了?
What’s the matter with you? Can’t remember my name?
抱歉 是罗斯科·特纳 这个就是吉尔莫了
I’m sorry. Roscoe Turner, and this would be Gilmore.
地狱天使 霍华德·休斯出品
成功了! 成功了!
It’s going! It’s going!
谋杀! 这就是这场肮脏…
Murder! That’s what this dirty,
腐朽的政♥治♥家的战争 谋杀!
rotten politician war is, murder!
你们如我一样一清二楚
You know it as well as I do.
站起来 小狡猾 鞠个躬
Stand up, slim, take a bow.
第四卷胶片的时间太长老 咳嗽声太多
Reel four played too long. Too many coughs.
把参加宴会的剧组弄到办公室去
Get the team out of the party and to the office.
我要剪掉几个镜头
I wanna cut a few shots.
噢 把格伦找来 谁把这个记下来
Oh, find Glenn. Somebody write this down.
铆钉要水平 明白吗?
Flush rivets. Got that?
铆钉要水平 – 铆钉要水平
Flush rivets. – Flush rivets.
立刻 老板
Lickety- split, boss.
他来了! 他来了
Here he is! Here he is!
综艺杂♥志♥说:”绝对不能错过”
Variety says, “This one won ‘t miss!”
摄影出类拔萃!
Magnificently photographed!
难以言表!
A wesome beyond description!
电影史上…
The most extraordinary output to…
最杰出的作品
emerge from a motion- picture studio.
很长时间以来
Not for a long time have…
没有见到这样迷人的作品了
I seen anything as enthralling.
它花费了四百万美元
It costs 4 million dollars…
带来了四百万刺♥激♥
and has 4 million thrills!
宏篇巨制… – 当代气势最磅礴的影片!
Majestically… – Most epic picture of its time!
库克先生 格兰特先生 赫本小姐
眼影浅一点
A lighter shade.
我可不想看起来象波利斯卡洛夫一样
I don’t want to look like Boris Karloff.
恐怖片明星
如果你明白我意思的话
If you know what I mean.
我看杂♥志♥上说你打高尔夫球
I read in the magazines that you play golf.
偶尔
On occasion.
那么 打个九洞赛怎么样?
Well, how about nine holes?
现在吗 休斯先生?
Now, Mr. Hughes?
如果方便的话 赫本小姐
If it would be convenient, Miss Hepburn.
你击球后的动作不够舒展
You’re not extending enough on your follow- through.
善始善终是高尔夫的要领所在
Follow- through is everything in golf,
就像生活一样
just like life.
你没发现吗?
Don’t you find?
看过你的疤面人那部片子
Saw your Scarface picture.
暴♥力♥ – 真实
Violent. – Realistic.
电影是电影 霍华德 不是生活
Movies are movies, Howard. Not life.
舞台
Now the stage.
舞台是真实的
The stage is real.
真实的血与肉 活生生的人…
Real flesh and blood. Human beings…
就在你面前 小伙子
right out there in front of you, buster.
不能把脸转开 不能大嚼爆米花
Can’t look away. Can’t munch popcorn.
那样是不礼貌的
That would be rude.
你喜欢剧院吗?
Do you like the theater?
不 – 喔 我非常喜欢剧院
No. – Oh, I adore the theater.
只有在舞台上才是活的 我会教你的
Only alive on- stage. I’ll teach you.
我们要看一些易卜生的作品
We’ll see some lbsen.
如果共和党还没有把他也列为非法的话
If the Republicans haven’t outlawed him by now.
你不是共和党吧 对吗?
You’re not a Republican, are you?
1932年你投了谁的票?
How did you vote in ’32?
呃 我没投
Well, I didn’t.
你必须投! 那是你神圣的公民权
You must! It’s your sacred franchise.
听说你原来追求过琴逑·罗杰斯
Heard you were wooing Ginger Rogers.
怎么样了?
What about that?
她只是个朋友
She’s just a friend.
男人不可能成为女人的朋友
Men can’t be friends with women.
要么不碰她们 要么拥有她们
They must possess them or leave them be.
这是从原始人开始就有的原始欲望
It’s a primitive urge from caveman days.
这都在达尔文的学说里
It’s all in Darwin.
捕猎肉体 杀死肉体 吃掉肉体 雄性就是这么回事
Hunt the flesh, kill the flesh, eat the flesh.
雄性就是这么回事
That’s the male sex all over.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
这个 如果你耳聋的话 你必须坦白承认
Well, if you’re deaf, you must own up to it.
弄个助听器 或者找我爸爸看看
Get a hearing aid. Or see my father.
他是个泌尿科医生 不过身体里的…
He’s a urologist, but it’s all tied up…
这些东西都是连着的 你没发现吗?
inside the body, don’t you find?
我 我保持自己健康
Me, I keep healthy.
我每天冲七次澡来保持卫生
I take seven showers a day to keep clean.
也因为他们…
Also because I am what’s so…
很俗地管我叫”户外型”
vulgarly referred to as “outdoorsy.”
我不是户外型 我是运动型 我出汗
I’m not outdoorsy. I’m athletic. I sweat.
这下好了 现在我们都知道悲惨的真♥相♥了
There it is. Now we both know the sordid truth.
我出汗 你耳聋
I sweat and you’re deaf.
我们这两个残废不是很好的一对吗?
Aren’t we a fine pair of misfits?
三杆
Three.
崇高的努力
Noble effort.
那么我猜你是在追求我?
So I suppose you’re wooing me now?
噢 怎么说呢
Oh, well.
还不够
Not enough.
还不够
Not enough.
这些铆钉要完全水平
These rivets have to be completely flush.