霍华德 我可以来掌控方向盘
Howard, I can take the wheel.
霍华德?
Howard?
霍华德 你还…你在听着吗?
Howard, are you…? Are you there?
霍华德?
Howard?
霍华德 你在听着吗?
Howard, are you there?
说句话 霍华德
Come on, Howard.
霍华德 你在听着吗?
Howard, are you there?
拿瓶牛奶进来
Come in with the milk.
拿瓶牛奶进来
Come in with the milk.
拿瓶牛奶进来
Come in with the milk.
他可以用右手来打开袋子
He is to open the bag with his right hand…
用45度的角度递过来
and hold the bag out to me at a 45-degree angle
那样我就能拿到东西
so I may reach into the bag without…
而不碰到袋子上的纸
Without touching the paper.
重头来一遍
Repeated from the beginning.
重头来一遍
Repeated from the beginning.
重头来一遍
Repeated from the beginning.
如果指示中有…
If there is any variation of these instructions…
即使最微小的变化
even to the smallest degree…
所有的过程就必须从头来过
the entire process must be repeated…
从头来过 – 拿瓶牛奶进来
from the beginning. – Come in with the milk.
从头来过
Repeated from the beginning.
拿瓶牛奶进来 – 从头来过
Come in with the milk. – Repeated…
从头
from the beginning.
从头来过
Repeated from the beginning.
拿瓶牛奶进来
Come in with the milk.
Q…
Q…
R…
R…
N…
N…
T…
T…
Q…
Q…
…U…
…U…
E…
E…
I…
I…
T…
T…
…I…
…I…
…N…
…N…
…E
…E.
N…
N…
…E
…E.
E…
E…
I…
I…
霍华德?
Howard?
你好?
Hello?
是谁?
Who is it?
霍华德 是我胡安
Howard, it’s Juan.
胡安
Juan.
胡安 是你
Juan, right. Yeah.
我们有个预约 对吗?
We had an appointment, right? Yeah.
我想起来了 你看
I remember that. Look…
我得了重感冒 非常严重的重感冒
I got a hell of a cold in here. A hell of a cold.
你在外面坐一下吧
So take a seat out there,
我不想传染给你
because I don’t wanna get you sick.
如果传染了给你 我会相当过意不去
I’d never forgive myself if I got you sick.
我可不想让你生病 我可不想…
I don’t wanna get you sick. I don’t wanna…
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 霍华德 我坐下了
Okay, Howard, I’m sitting.
我带了我们的会计来
I’ve brought along our accountings. Now…
泛美航♥空♥的股票成交价格是13.625美元
Pan Am is trading at 1 3 and five- eighths.
环球航♥空♥是4.25
TWA at four and a quarter.
现在如果你… – 得了
Now, if you take… – Come on.
够了 够了
Come on, come on, come on.
你和我都清楚我不会卖♥♥掉环球航♥空♥
We both know I’m not gonna sell TWA.
除此之外 你也买♥♥不起
Besides, you couldn’t afford her.
我们单纯国内航♥班♥的收入…
Our domestic routes alone are…
就是泛美航♥空♥的两倍
worth more than twice Pan Am.
考虑到我们的股价是…
Well, considering our stock is…
你们的3倍…
trading at three times yours…
我觉得你说的并不完全正确 霍华德
I find that a dubious claim, Howard.
我的意思是…
What l…
我的意思是
What I mean is,
你没有国内航♥班♥ 对吗?
you have no domestic routes. All right?
我的意思是 你拥有了环球航♥空♥ 你就拥有了全世界
I mean, you get TWA, you span the globe.
我不会卖♥♥的
I’m not gonna sell,
你也知道我不会卖♥♥的
and you know I’m not gonna sell.
最关键的一点是
Here’s the point.
欧文·布鲁斯特是你的人
Owen Brewster works for you.
霍华德 我并没有投票给布鲁斯特参议员
Howard, I didn’t elect Senator Brewster.
应该感谢缅因州的那些选民
We can thank the voters of Maine for that.
如果我出席他的听证会 胡安
Now, if I appear at his hearings, Juan,
这就简直是一场闹剧
it could get nasty.
一场纯粹的闹剧
Real nasty for all of us.
我想对你来说尤其如此
Well, I think, considerably more so for you.
当美国人♥民♥的子女们…
While the good people of America…
在安奇奥为国捐躯的时候…
were losing sons at Anzio…
你却在拍了一部污秽的电影
you produced a dirty movie…
造了一架飞不起来的飞机
and built airplanes that don’t fly.
事实不是那样 好不好?
Well, that’s just not fair, is it?
我是说 XF- 11飞了…
I mean, the XF- 1 1 flew quite…
足足1小时45分钟
well for an hour and 45 minutes.
我真希望你当时也在场 胡安
I wish you were up there with me, Juan.
那简直令人激动
It was exhilarating.
就算如此
Be that as it may,
你还是得回应那些待鹅的问题…
you still have to answer for the Spruce Goose.
它叫大力神!
It’s called The Hercules!
该死的 它肯定能飞起来!!
And it will fly, goddamn it!
但愿如此 美国人♥民♥…
I hope so. The American people…
花了1300万美元 理应见到点成绩
deserve something for their $1 3 million.
我不会卖♥♥环球航♥空♥的
I won’t sell TWA!
绝对不卖♥♥
I won’t!
我明白了 霍华德
I know that, Howard.
我明白了
I know that.
但我无论如何还是要买♥♥
But I’m going to get it anyway.
除了布鲁斯特参议员…
You will default on your loan from…
你还欠了信孚银行的贷款
Equitable after Senator Brewster…
你的信用额度已经毁了
destroys your reputation and…
你也找不到足够的资产来维持航♥空♥公♥司♥了
you can’t find additional capital for the airline.
听证会将证明…
The hearings will also show…
休斯航♥空♥公♥司♥的管理混乱和无能
Hughes Aircraft to be mismanaged and incompetent…
它将破产…
and it will go bankrupt too.
但你不会破产
But you won’t be insolvent.
你还有你的工具有限公♥司♥
You’ll still have Tool Co.
也许你可以回到休斯顿…
Perhaps you’ll head back to Houston…
去重建你的王朝
to rebuild your empire.
我希望你可以
I rather hope you do.
到那个时候 泛美航♥空♥会收♥购♥环球航♥空♥
By that time, Pan Am will have bought TWA…
把所有漂亮的飞机…
and painted all those magnificent…
涂成蓝白色
Connies blue and white.
当你再回来的时候 你会坐着泛美航♥空♥的飞机
So when you do return, it will be on a Pan Am plane.
嗯…
Well…
你似乎把我逼的走头无路了 伙计
You seem to have me in a corner here, buddy.
让我很不舒服
Not a position in which I’m very comfortable.
恐怕在布鲁斯特的听证会上
I think you’re gonna be less comfortable…
你的处境会更加糟糕
at Senator Brewster’s hearings.
公众听证会 霍华德
Very public, Howard.
到处都是相机和报社记者
Lots of cameras and newsmen.
我知道你不喜欢人多的场合
I understand you’re not particularly fond of crowds.
也许我们可以让你不用出席
Perhaps we should spare you that.
感谢你的关心 胡安
Well, thank you for your concern, Juan.
我感到…
I find that…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!