is quite an engineering problem.
你不禁要问
But you gotta ask,
这样的庞然大物真的能飞起来吗?
was anything this big ever supposed to fly?
现在各位看到的是一个翼剖面
There goes one wing section,
长达160英尺 配有4个引擎
1 60 feet long with four engine housings.
您可以想象两翼相加之后
Double that and you’ve got…
机身的翼展达何种程度
some idea of the wingspread.
一架尺寸堪比…
An airplane that challenges…
陡峭山峰的飞机
a mountain for sheer size.
他们到底要让我们在地上待多久?
How long can they keep us grounded?
直到雷丁的那次坠机事件调查结束为止
Until they finish investigating the Reading crash.
可能需要几个月
Could be months.
你的赤字已经达到1400万美元
You’re running a $ 1 4 million deficit.
你怎么能够继续这样等下去?
How will you afford to keep them out of service?
我们有国际航♥班♥ 可以补回来
We go international, we’ll make it up.
布鲁斯特参议员的航♥空♥共同体法案还没结束
Brewster’s C.A.B. bill isn’t going away.
法案一旦通过 你买♥♥的那些东西马上变成废铁…
That bill passes, and you bought these for nothing.
我们会和航♥空♥共同体法案抗争
We’re fighting the C.A.B. bill.
那么与此同时 有什么办法可以保证环球航♥空♥继续飞行呢?
Meanwhile, how do we keep TWA flying?
别和我说还可以回去老公♥司♥吃老本
Don’t say, “Just go to Tool Co.”
我们已经把赚来的每分钱都扔给大力神了
We’re pumping every cent into The Hercules…
空军方面却又不再需要她了
which the Air Force doesn’t even want anymore.
听着 霍华德 我很高兴杰克依然保持乐观的态度
I’m glad Jack is feeling sunny about things,
但我已经查过帐簿了
but I’ve seen the books.
我可都是实话实说 丝毫没有虚张声势的意思
I’m telling it straight. I’m not crying wolf.
我们碰上大♥麻♥烦了
We’re in serious trouble.
你得做个抉择
You’ve gotta make a choice.
你想为了那个大玩意破产
You wanna be bankrupted by the big plane…
还是为了航♥空♥公♥司♥着想
or by the big airline?
去找纽约信孚银行的托马斯·帕金森
Go see Thomas Parkinson at the Equitable in NewYork.
用环球航♥空♥所有的设备…
Get a loan against all the…
和资产做抵押贷款
TWA equipment and capital.
包括飞机…
Use the planes as collateral.
该死的 所有的桌椅 铅笔什么的
Hell, use the desks, use the pens,
所有能抵押的东西统统拿去
use everything we got.
想办法给我弄4000万美元来
Try to get me 40 million.
万一环球航♥空♥无法按期还贷?
And if TWA defaults on the loan?
那就等着胡安·特里普把我们廉价收♥购♥
Then Juan Trippe buys us cheap.
在我床底下!
Under my bed!
你竟然在我床底下放扩音器
You put a goddamn microphone under my bed!
听着 我只是担心你
Listen to me. I am concerned about you.
我只是想确保你的安全
I just wanna make sure you’re okay.
那辆车里的那个人又是谁?!
And who is in that car?!
他已经一天24小时都盯着我
It’s been with me 24 hours a day.
那辆车是为了保护你
That car is for your protection!
我唯一需要提防的人就是你
The only one I need protection from is you,
你这个该死的混♥蛋♥!
you sick bastard!
我不是你的私人物品 霍华德
You don’t own me, Howard.
我不是你的某个未成年玩物…
I’m not one of your teenage whores…
或者是你的飞机
or some damn airplane.
我把那些玩意儿都撤下来好了
I’ll have them take all the bugs out.
我只是想知道你在哪
I need to know where you are.
为什么?! – 因为我担心你 这就是为什么
Why?! – Because I worry about you, that’s why.
狗屎
Bullshit!
你刚才说所有的玩意儿是怎么回事?
What do you mean, “all the bugs”?
所有的玩意儿 是什么意思?
What do you mean, “all the bugs”?
还有其他的
There’s more.
多少个?
How many?
我不清楚
I don’t know,
12个 大约12个 可能电♥话♥上也有…
1 2. Twelve, maybe, and on the telephones.
噢! 上帝啊 霍华德 电♥话♥上也有?
Oh, Christ, Howard, on the telephone?
你竟然偷听我的电♥话♥?
You listen to my phone calls?
不 不 亲爱的 我绝不会那么做的
No, no, honey, I would never do that.
绝不会的
I’d never do that.
我只是读一下那个谈话记录 仅此而已
I just read the transcripts, that’s all.
你到底想知道什么 霍华德?
What do you wanna know, Howard?
我昨晚是不是和亚提·萧鬼混了?
Was I screwing Artie Shaw last night?
前天晚上是不是和辛纳屈在一起? 当然!
Was I screwing Sinatra the night before? You bet.
所有人都说你是个疯子 但我不听
Everyone said you were a lunatic, I didn’t listen.
怪不得凯蒂·赫本要甩了你这个疯子
It’s no wonder KateHepburn dumped your demented ass!
给我闭上你的臭嘴
Shut your goddamn mouth.
滚! 你个可怜的神经病!
Get out, you pathetic freak.
滚出去!
Get out!
你没事吧 先生?
Is everything all right, sir?
把所有的窃听器都拿走 明白吗?
Take out all the bugs, huh?
除了卧室电♥话♥里的那个
Except for the one on the bedroom phone.
先生 联邦调查局的人现在正在您家里
Sir, the FBI are at the house.
简直让人无法容忍♥ 这里的每样东西…
This is outrageous! Everything here…
都是休斯公♥司♥的私人财产
is the private property of Hughes Productions.
我的法律顾问正在赶来…
My legal counsel is on the way…
联邦政♥府♥授权
Federal warrant.
别妨碍搜查 先生
Don’t interfere with the search, sir.
洛杉机在线报导
Dateline: Los Angeles.
霍华德·休斯的家中又有了一个新访客
Howard Hughes has a new houseguest.
这次可不是什么漂亮的女明星
No, it’s not another beautiful starlet.
而是联邦调查局
This time it’s the FBI.
诺阿 你可得帮帮我
Noah, you’ve got to help.
这已经是他们第10次来我家了
This is the 1 0th time they have been here.
有消息说这些探员…
Rumor has it that agents….
都是欧文·布鲁斯特参议员派来的
working for Senator Owen Brewster…
事实上他们已经占据了…
have practically taken up residence…
飞行大亨的家
in the aviation mogul’s home.
听着 我说 他们在到处东摸西摸
Look, I mean, they are touching things.
诺阿 他们在到处乱摸
Noah, they are touching things.
试着让自己保持冷静
Just keep yourself calm…
我保证我马上就到 霍华德
and I’ll be down there as soon as I can, Howard.
霍华德?
Howard?
霍华德?
Howard?
1947年2月12日 华盛顿五月花饭店
霍华德 你好
Howard, hello.
很高兴再次见到你
Nice to see you again.
很高兴见到你 里面坐
Good to see you. Come on inside.
艾玛 你可以去准备午餐了 – 好的 先生
Emma, you can start up lunch now. – Yes, sir.
很棒的房♥子 装饰的很不错
Well, really lovely room. It’s nicely decorated.
谢谢 来吧 坐下
Thank you. Here, have a seat.
很高兴你能来
Thanks for coming by.
我认为你和我应该…
I thought you and I should…
私下里好好谈谈
have a chance to talk privately.
你懂我意思 非正式的场合下
You know, outside the office.
呃…
Well…
非常感谢 欧文
I appreciate that, Owen.
你似乎对航♥空♥共同体法案
So you’re coming out pretty strong…
持相当强烈的反对态度
against the C.A.B. bill.
你似乎全力支持这个议案
You’re coming on pretty strong for it.
那可是我自己的提出的 霍华德 你是知道的
Well, it’s my bill, Howard, you know.
听着 我真诚的相信…
Look, I believe sincerely…
美国不能承受…
that America cannot afford…
有一家以上的国际航♥空♥公♥司♥带来的经济负担
to have more than one international carrier.
你真的认为…
I mean, do you think it’s fair that one…
由一家公♥司♥垄断国际航♥班♥是合理的吗?
airline should have a monopoly on international…
垄断? 不 不 不
A monopoly? No, no, no. Oh, no.
我只是认为由一家公♥司♥可以运作的更好
No, I think one airline could do it better,
没有那些竞争的话
see, without competition.
我在乎的是…
All I’m thinking about are the interests,
美国乘客的利益和需求
the needs of the American passenger.
那很漂亮 是什么东西?
That’s just beautiful. What is that?
是什么东西? 是不是…?
What is that? Is that a…?
是不是一头牦牛?
Is that a yak?
是不是一种牦牛? – 不 是羊驼
Some kind of a yak? – No, that’s a llama.
我妻子在秘鲁的时候买♥♥的
My wife picked that up when we were in Peru.
好家伙
Son of a gun.