霍华德 我过去可不知道你的舞跳的这么好
Howard, I never knew you were such a good dancer.
海伦 杰克 再会
Helen, Jack.
完了
Good going.
你刚才把我们的全盘战后计划都告诉了他
You gave away our entire postwar strategy.
他阻止不了我们
He can’t stop us.
他可是泛美航♥空♥ 他可以阻止任何人
He’s Pan Am. He can stop anything.
服务员 给我最大瓶的威士忌
Give me the largest Scotch you got.
我不知道你为什么…
I don’t know what in the hell…
对他那么轻浮 请原谅
you’re so damn giddy about. Excuse me.
杰克
Jack.
替我联♥系♥乔伊斯和博格
Get in touch with Joyce and Berg.
那是我在华盛顿的人
Those are my boys in Washington.
和杰西·琼斯碰个头
Set up a meeting with Jones,
他是商业协会的秘♥书♥长♥ 是我过去打高尔夫的老球友
secretary of commerce, old golfing buddy.
说慢点
Slow down.
我们要在法国和爱尔兰造中转站
We’ll need terminals in lreland and France.
我要从他们那里减免税款
I wanna get some tax breaks.
那个王八蛋以为他拥有全世界
If that ass thinks he owns the world,
那他就错了
he’s got another thing coming.
泛美航♥空♥控制着欧洲 我们应该考虑一下墨西哥
Pan Am owns Europe. We ought to think about Mexico.
让墨西哥见鬼去 大西洋的领空…
To hell with Mexico. No airline should…
不可能只有一家航♥空♥公♥司♥垄断
have a monopoly on flying the Atlantic.
太不公平了
It just isn’t fair.
他拥有泛美航♥空♥ 拥有国会的支持
He owns Pan Am, he owns Congress.
他甚至拥有民航委员会
He owns the Civil Aeronautics Board,
但不代表他拥有这片天空
but he does not own the sky.
我们现在就要和那个狗♥娘♥养♥的对着干
We’re in a street fight with that son of a bitch.
我这辈子都在和那种自命不凡的…
I’ve been fighting high- hat lvy…
常青藤盟校的混♥蛋♥们斗
League pricks like him my whole life.
听着 解雇雷·罗伊
And listen, fire Ray Loewy.
你听到我说了吗? 解雇雷·罗伊
You goddamn heard me? Fire Ray Loewy.
他是特里普的眼线
He’s spying for Trippe.
那狗♥娘♥养♥的知道我们用纽扣
That shitheel knew all about the buttons.
我们中间有间谍 杰克
Spies in my midst, Jack.
我们中间有间谍
Spies in my midst.
你好 霍华德 – 罗兰德
Hello, Howard. – Roland.
那么
So…
我能为你做点什么?
what can I do for you?
我要你有的全部关于…
I want all the pictures you have of…
凯瑟琳·赫本和斯宾塞·屈塞的照片
Kate Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.
所有的底片 而且我不希望这篇稿子发布
All the negatives. And I want you to kill the story.
霍华德 他是个结了婚的男人 还是个天主教♥徒♥
Howard, he’s a married man. He’s a Catholic.
他们是电影明星 是上好的材料
They’re movie stars. Fair game all around.
我办公室的人知道我在哪 霍华德
My office knows where I am, Howard.
我不会杀了你的 罗兰德
I’m not gonna kill you, Roland.
我不会干这种事情
I don’t do that.
你要多少钱? – 不卖♥♥
How much? – Not for sale.
多少?
How much?
不卖♥♥
Not for sale.
你有没有欺骗过你妻子 罗兰德?
You ever cheat on your wife, Roland?
你有没有和黑人姑娘上过床?
You ever screw a colored girl?
你有没有偷过东西? 你有没有伤害过别人?
You ever steal anything? You ever hurt anyone?
晚安 霍华德
Good night, Howard.
你有没有参加过共♥产♥党的会议 罗兰德
You ever go to a Communist Party meeting, Roland?
我要大♥陆♥西部航♥空♥公♥司♥的股权
TWA stock.
多少?
How much?
5万股
Fifty thousand shares.
1万
Ten.
好吧
All right.
讲述故事 列举姓名 十月号♥ 爱娃 霍华德和费丝
这事情办起来可不容易
This isn’t gonna be that easy.
他议会两党都给了…
He’s been making big contributions…
不少的好处
on both sides of the aisle.
杰克·弗赖也在…
And Jack Frye is out there…
帮他到处游说
lobbying everybody in town.
法国和英国的大使…
The French and British ambassadors…
也都站在他的一边
are lined up on his side.
说实话
I’m telling you,
大♥陆♥西部航♥空♥开办国际航♥班♥的势头可能挡不住了
TWA is serious about going international.
好吧
Okay.
算休斯先生得了一分
Point, Mr. Hughes.
我想现在是你在参议院提出…
I think it’s time for you to introduce the…
航♥空♥共同体法案的时候了
community airline bill on the floor of the Senate.
已经准备好了?
Is it done?
我的人正在进行扫尾工作
My people are finishing it right now.
我已经把你安置进…
I also have to get you on the committee…
国防调查委员会
investigating the national defense.
成员还是主席?
On the committee or chairman?
如果我是主席会有利的多
I could be much more effective as chairman.
那是个很大的公众平台
It’s a great public platform.
可以施加相当大的压力
You know, it generates a lot of press.
杜鲁门过去是协会主席对吗?
Wasn’t Truman chairman of that committee?
对 就是他
Yeah, right.
他现在已经是副总统了 看看他是怎么干的
He’s vice president. Look what he did with it.
不 我觉得…
No, I think…
我觉得还是主席
I think chairman.
你怎么认为?
What do you think?
主席…很有趣 – 对
Chairman. That is interesting. – Yeah.
我给你看看Dc- 4的规格
Let me show you these specs for the DC- 4.
爱娃 你觉得环球航♥空♥公♥司♥怎么样?
Ava, what do you think about Trans World Airlines?
大♥陆♥西部航♥空♥公♥司♥这个名字已经过时了
Transcontinental and Western doesn’t fit anymore.
我们现在拥有国际航♥班♥
We’re international,
我们需要一个能体现出这一点的名字
we need a name that reflects that.
环球航♥空♥很不错 听上去很响亮
Trans World is good. Kind of peppy.
环球航♥空♥ 对吗?
TWA, right?
这样也不用重新…
That way you don’t need to…
油漆每架飞机了
repaint any of the planes.
你就是这么精打细算
That’s you. Always pinching pennies.
把我的披肩拿来
Hand me my wrap.
别这样
Knock it off.
我有东西送给你
I have something for you.
在这等着
Stay here.
这是什么东西? – 一份礼物
What the hell is this? – It’s a present.
来吧 打开看看
Go on, open it.
噢 一盒垃圾 你不该这样
Oh, a box of trash. You shouldn’t have.
继续找 继续找
Keep looking, keep looking.
是克什米尔蓝宝石
It’s a Kashmiri sapphire.
举世无双 我派我的人…
I had my boys all over the…
找遍了全世界
damn globe looking for this.
为了什么?
Why?
因为…
Because.
看…
Look.
和你的眼睛很配
It matches your eyes.
我可不是商品
I am not for sale.
看在上帝的份上 这只不过是个礼物
For chrissakes, it’s just a present.
你不可能用钱收买♥♥我 霍华德 以后别再这么干了
You can’t buy me, Howard, so stop trying.
别再给我买♥♥钻石…
Don’t buy me any more diamonds…
或者蓝宝石之类的了
or sapphires or any other damn thing.
你可以请我吃饭 怎么样?
You can buy me dinner. How about that?
上帝啊 爱娃
Jesus, Ava.
忍♥受你那些…
It’s bad enough I have to…
运动鞋还不够
endure those gym shoes of yours.
现在我盛装打扮却坐这…
But I get all dolled up and…
连引擎盖都没有的破车出门
we go out in this jalopy without a hood.
爱娃 你会嫁给我吗?
Ava, will you marry me?
不 霍华德
No, Howard.
好吧 那么为什么呢? 有什么天大的理由呢?
Well, why not, for heaven’s sake?
首先 我并不爱你
In the first place, I don’t love you.
其次 我已经结婚了
In the second place, I’m still married.
整个城里都有你的女人
Look, you got girls stashed all over town.
在宝爱西饭店那你还有个温柔乡

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!