Ok. So you’re peering. Did you get the job?
好吧 是眺望 你拿到角色了吗
I got the job. What?
拿到了 什么
They only took me because I could do the French and the English
他们要我是因为我会说法语和英语
but I’m going to Monte Carlo.
我要去蒙特卡洛了
Congratulations!
恭喜你
Audrey.
奥黛丽
No, you can’t go to Monte Carlo
不行 你不能去蒙特卡洛
With that schoolgirl hair, oh, my, no.
必须换掉这小女生的发型 否则没戏
It’s time for something new, my dear.
是时候尝尝鲜了
All right, bring it forward.
好了 往前推
Audrey. Why don’t you tell your millionaire boyfriend
奥黛丽 你干嘛不告诉你的富翁男友
to bring his boat here and take us for a sail?
让他把船开来带我们逛一圈
I don’t tell James what to do. Too bad.
我才不对他指手画脚呢 真可惜
But I can ask him.
但我可以问问他
All right. Again.
好了 再来
Again? Yes.
再来 是的
Very good. Now spin.
很好 转圈
This is my favorite part.
最喜欢这一段了
How was that? Great.
怎么样 好极了
But what– what is this?
可是 这是什么
What are you up to now? Nothing.
你又打什么主意 没有啊
Where did it go? Are you hiding it in there?
去哪了呢 你是不是藏在这里了
Where did you learn that? You in love with a clown?
你从哪学来的 你有个小丑男友吗
No, but that’s what I’m going to say the next time somebody asks me.
不是 不过下次别人问起 我一定这么说
Now, again.
好了 再来
Look at her. She’s charming.
瞧她 多迷人啊
You’d give this all up for a handsome millionaire?
你为一个有钱的公子放弃了这一切
Yes.
是的
I need to make a phone call.
我要打个电♥话♥
Well, Miss Hepburn, I will be brief.
赫本小姐 我长话短说
I want you to come to New York
我邀请你去纽约
and play the part of Gigi on Broadway.
在百老汇上饰演《金粉世界》的琪琪
You can read for our producers next week in London.
下周我们在伦敦的制片人会联♥系♥你
You mean a play, Madame Colette?
你说的是戏剧 科莱特夫人
You want me to act in a play? Yes.
你要我参与演戏 是的
Anita Loos, a difficult woman
安尼塔·洛欧斯 不太好相处
but an excellent dramatist…
却是个优秀的编剧
has adapted my novel for the stage.
她把我的小说搬上了舞台
On Broadway! Oh, Audrey.
百老汇 奥黛丽
Oh, I’m sorry, Madame. There is a mistake.
抱歉 夫人 您弄错了
It is an honor that you have asked me…
受到您的邀请 我倍感荣幸
but it is impossible.
但这是不可能的
I wouldn’t be able to do it, because I can’t act.
我无法胜任 我不会演戏
You won’t have to act anything, darling.
你不需要演 亲爱的
You are Gigi.
你就是琪琪
You auditioned for two hours?
你试镜花了两小时
Who cares how long they kept her?
谁在乎他们留了她多久
Do you think you got it? I don’t know.
你觉得你有戏吗 我不知道
I don’t think the producer liked me at all, but Colette does.
我觉得制片人不喜欢我 但科莱特喜欢
So if she makes the decision, I’ll definitely get it.
如果是她做决定 我一定能行
If he does, I don’t have a prayer.
如果是他决定 我保准没戏
If you don’t get it, I wouldn’t worry about it.
就算没选上 也不必难过
Something else will come up.
还会撞上其它机会的
It already has. Who’s William Wyler?
已经撞上了 威廉·惠勒是谁
Are you serious? William Wyler is Hollywood, darling.
开什么玩笑 威廉·惠勒就是好莱坞
Hollywood? That’s right. He’s a big film director.
好莱坞 是啊 他可是大导演
Colette may get you on Broadway,
科莱特也许能让你登上百老汇
but William Wyler can make you a star.
但威廉·惠勒能让你成名
What’s the movie?
什么电影
It’s called Roman Holiday.
《罗马假日》
It’s about a princess who escapes from her palace…
讲的是一位公主逃离了宫殿
falls asleep on a park bench,
在公园板凳上睡着了
and then Gregory Peck takes her home.
后来 格里高利·派克把她带了回家
How does it end?
结局怎样
Does he fall in love with her? Of course.
他爱上她了吗 那还用问
But she can’t marry him because she’s a princess.
但她不能嫁给他 因为她是公主
Speaking of which, where is the divine Lord James?
说起来 你的詹姆斯王子去哪儿了
All-England Polo Banquet. Does that sound right?
全英马球赛 听上去如何
Ah, there’s the life.
这就是人生啊
Audrey Hepburn, screen test, take one.
奥黛丽·赫本 试镜 第1次
Now, Audrey.
奥黛丽
Could you tell us a little bit about what it was like after the war?
请你形容一下战后的情形
Well, my mother and I moved to Amsterdam…
我和我母亲搬去了阿姆斯特丹
so I could study dance again.
好让我继续学舞蹈
We tried to get back our lives.
我们尽力恢复以前的生活
Everybody was so grateful to the United Nations after the war…
战后 每个人都十分感激联♥合♥国♥
for giving us food, medicine…
他们送来了食物 药品
and other things we hadn’t seen for years.
还有不少我们多年没见到的东西
Thank you, Audrey.
谢谢 奥黛丽
Now, let’s try a little bit of the scene.
现在 我们演一段戏看看
It’s most unusual.
这太罕见了
I’ve never been alone with a man with all my clothes on.
我穿着衣服时 还没跟男人独处过
With my clothes off, it’s even more unusual.
脱下衣服独处 那就更罕见了
I don’t seem to mind..
我倒是不介意
Do you?
你介意吗
An Azusa rose from a couch of snows…
一颗阿苏萨导弹穿破冰雪
in the Aquisaronian Mountains.
飞出了阿克苏山脉
She’s certainly beautiful, Willie, but–
她的确很漂亮 威利 不过
Wait. The good part’s coming up.
慢着 好戏才要开始
My instructions were to keep the cameras rolling.
我让摄像不要停 继续拍
All right. That’s it. Cut.
好了 可以了 咔
Only the director has the right to say “cut” and he hasn’t.
只有导演才能喊”咔” 他还没喊呢
That was fun.
真有意思
It’s such a wonderful story…
这故事真棒
particularly the tantrums the princess gets to throw.
尤其是公主发脾气那一段
Riding on a motor scooter,
骑着摩托车
bashing the man over the head with a guitar…
用吉他狠狠砸向面前的男人
and feeling so sleepy, you could just fall on the park bench.
突然觉得好困 躺上板凳就能睡着
Cut.
咔
I’m sorry.
真抱歉
How did I do? Was that all right?
我表现怎么样 还行吗
Does Greg Peck know she’s going to steal the picture from him?
格里高利·派克知道这姑娘要抢他镜头吗
Not yet.
还不知道
That is such wonderful news.
真是太好了
Yes.
好的
Thank you so much.
十分感谢
You’ve got it! You’ve got them both– the play and the movie.
你两个都拿到了 戏剧 电影
James, what are these people thinking about?
詹姆斯 你说他们在想什么呢
I haven’t done either of those things.
这两样我都没演过
They’re not thinking, Darling.
他们不用想 亲爱的
They’ve fallen for you, just as I have.
他们已经被你吸引了 就像我一样
We love you.
我们都爱你
But why?
可是为什么
It’s not something you’re doing. It’s something you are.
不是因为你做了什么 而是你本人
Tall and skinny, with a long neck and big feet.
又高又瘦 脖子又长脚又大
Precisely.
正是如此
My first trip to America…
我的首次美国之旅
and I’m going to Hollywood and Broadway.
就要同时进入好莱坞和百老汇
May I help you?
我能为你效劳吗
I hope that I’m in the right place. I’m supposed–
但愿我来对了地方 我是来…
What’s your name, dear? Audrey Hepburn.
您叫什么名字 奥黛丽·赫本
Oh, good morning, Miss Hepburn, and welcome to New York.
早上好 赫本小姐 欢迎来到纽约
I’m Joe.
我叫乔
If any of those bums inside give you a rough time,
里边那些家伙要是敢为难你
you just come see me.
你就来找我
Thank you, Joe.
谢谢你 乔
“But, Grandma, I’m wearing my drawers.”
可是 奶奶 我穿着内♥裤♥呢
It’s not that funny.
没那么好笑吧
No, we’re laughing at your enthusiasm, my dear, I’m afraid.
不 我们是笑你的激♥情♥ 亲爱的
It’s bad form to start acting on day one.
第一天就开始演戏 这样很失礼