I love you, Audrey.
我爱你 奥黛丽
Say that you’ll marry me.
告诉我 你愿意嫁给我
Say that I’m not dreaming. Are you playing with me?
告诉我 我没做梦 你不是骗我吧
Is that a yes? It’s a yes.
你这是答应了 我答应了
And a yes and a yes.
答应了 答应了
It will be so beautiful…
想想多美啊
our days and our nights.
白天和晚上的时光
Our work and our holidays. Our friends and our children!
工作放假都不分离 很多朋友和孩子
Who needs friends or children?
要朋友和孩子干嘛
I don’t want to share you with anybody.
我不愿意和任何人分享你
You’re right about the friends…
不要朋友倒是可以
but a couple of children wouldn’t be too much.
但是几个孩子还是很有意思的
They’re so noisy…
孩子太吵了
and they’re always around when you don’t want them to be.
而且还总到处乱跑 让人担心
Think about what our children would look like.
想想咱们孩子的样貌
Me holding a little boy in my arms that looks just like you.
我怀里的孩子和你长得一模一样
I can’t do it, Audrey.
我做不到 奥黛丽
I can’t have any more children.
我不能再有孩子了
What do you mean?
什么意思
I had a vasectomy a couple of years ago.
我几年前就已切除了输精管
Can’t you do something?
没有办法了吗
No, it’s irreversible.
没有 手术不可恢复
What?
怎么了
What?
怎么了
Talk to me. I had better go home.
说话啊 我该回家了
You’re not going anywhere.
你哪儿也不能去
I need to.
我必须走了
We can still have children, Audrey.
我们还能有孩子的 奥黛丽
Just not my children.
不过不是我的孩子而已
My children would probably be drunks, anyway.
我的孩子长大了只会成为酒鬼
I have to go before I say something that I will probably be sorry for.
我必须走了 以免说出令自己后悔的话
“Sorry for”? Say it. Whatever it is, we’ll work it out.
后悔什么 说出来 我们一起想办法
It wouldn’t be a real marriage without children.
没有孩子 不成婚姻
I want to be a mother.
我想当母亲
You can’t walk away from me because of something like this.
你不能因为这种事就离我而去
I’m in love with you.
我是爱你的
I got you down off that shelf you’ve been sitting on.
我好不容易把你从冰山上拉下来
Don’t use this children thing as an excuse to get back there!
不要拿孩子当借口再回冰山去
Look at me!
看着我
I have to go.
我必须走
Audrey, no.
奥黛丽 别
Audrey!
奥黛丽
Audrey!
奥黛丽
It’s very hard, telling someone good-bye…
向心爱之人告别是很令人心痛的
even when you know you’re doing the right thing.
哪怕心里清楚这样做是对的
If I didn’t have children…
如果不能有孩子
I wouldn’t know I was alive.
怎么能感觉到自己还活着
I didn’t particularly want children till I had you.
我原来也不怎么想要孩子 直到有了你
You’ve given me the greatest joy I’ve ever known.
你带给了我无尽的快乐
You are the love of my life, and I want that for you.
你是我一生的挚爱 我希望你也能有
I want you to have a child.
我希望你也有孩子
I know.
我明白
You have no idea how you’ll get through this.
你担心自己摆脱不了这份心痛
But in the morning, you’ll see.
等到早上就知道了
You will.
你会的
Now, why don’t you go to bed. Try to rest.
好了 你上♥床♥躺着吧 多休息
I’ll bring you some tea.
我给你倒杯茶
Thank you.
谢谢
Bonjour, mademoiselle.
你好 小姐
I think just the sight of you will do.
让我看着你就行
As a matter of fact, I’m feeling better already.
说实话 我已经感觉好多了
Mel Ferrer. I know who you are.
梅尔·费雷尔 我知道你是谁
Please, come in.
请进
Your French is beautiful. Ah, yeah.
你的法语真动听 是啊
My mother thought it was important…
我母亲很重视法语
and I’m beginning to think she was right.
我开始赞同她的观点了
Forgive me just showing up at your door like this.
原谅我不请自来
I tried to convince the studio to throw another party…
我想怂恿剧组再办一场聚会
so I could meet you again, but that seemed a little extreme…
好有机会再见你 不过貌似有点极端了
so I brought you a play.
于是 我给你带来了一出戏
A play.
一出戏
It’s a wonderful play. You should do another play.
很棒的戏 你该多拍几部戏
Keep the Hollywood girls on their toes.
给好莱坞的女孩们一点压力
Congratulations on Sabrina, by the way.
顺便恭喜《龙凤配》大获成功
Everyone who’s seen it says you’re the best thing in it.
看过的人都对你赞不绝口
Thank you.
谢谢
Well, I’ll make us some tea…
我去煮些茶来
and then you must tell me everything that you’ve done…
你要一五一十告诉我 上次见面之后
since I saw you last.
你都做了什么
It’s Cuban and Chinese.
古巴和中国菜
Growing up in New york, I think I ate it every day.
我小时候生活在纽约 几乎天天吃
Of course, now that I’m an adult, every other day.
不过现在成年了 就两天吃一次
The wine is wonderful.
这酒味道真好
I suppose I should get going. No.
我差不多该走了 不用
Do you have to?
非走不可吗
Yes, I do.
是的
I want to give you plenty of time to read that play today
我要给你留点时间 今天读完剧本
so you can phone me in the morning and tell me what you think.
明早给我打电♥话♥ 告诉我你的想法
Is it a romantic play?
是爱情戏吗
It’s about a water sprite…
主人公是一条美人鱼
that falls in love with a human man.
爱上了一个凡人
Please stay.
留下吧
Sounds like such a wonderful story.
这故事听上去美极了
All right, if you insist.
好吧 恭敬不如从命
We’ll read it through once…
我们先通读一遍
see what you think, and then if you like it, we can…
看看你的想法 你如果喜欢 我们可以
I don’t know, do it on Broadway
也许 在百老汇公演
with Alfred Lunt directing?
让阿尔弗雷德·伦特导演
Alfred Lunt. What a wonderful idea.
阿尔弗雷德·伦特 好想法
It’s more than an idea.
不只是想法
He’ll do it, if you will. I have that in writing.
只要你演 他就会导 白纸黑字为证
It’s by Giraudoux.
吉罗杜写的
“And in the end, I shall do it, but first…
到最后 我会这么做的 不过
first we shall wait a long time.
我们先得等待许久
An hour.
一小时
Then, in years to come, we shall have this hour always to remember.
之后的岁月里 这一小时将永存我们心中
The hour before you kissed me.”
你吻我之前的那一小时
It’s wonderful. You’re wonderful.
太美了 你太美了
God. It’s like it was written for you.
天哪 简直就是为你而写的
I’ll take care of everything.
我替你分担一切琐事
I’ll fight all your battles, I’ll slay all your dragons…
为你战斗 为你屠龙
and all you have to do is be your own lovely self on stage.
你只需在舞台上发挥尽情地做自己
Say you’ll do it.
答应我
I’ll do it.
我答应
Thank you.
谢谢
All right, ladies and gentlemen, please.
女士们 先生们 注意了
Let’s work on this armor business.
该演盔甲这出戏了
Alfred, I’m thinking…
阿尔弗雷德 我有个想法
I could release the armor when she comes to embrace me.
我可以等她来拥抱我时再卸下盔甲
No, the play says that
不行 剧本写明了
the armor falls off immediately after she says the line.
她说完那句台词后 盔甲立刻掉了下来
What is the line? Right, but hear me out.
哪句台词来着 对了 你听我说
I think it would be much funnier if she said the line…
我觉得这样更有趣 她说完台词
from where she was standing–
正好站在我面前
Say the line.
说台词
I have a way of removing armor.
我自有卸甲的妙招
Came around behind me…
她走到我身后
and mysteriously the armor…
然后盔甲神奇地
falls off.
掉了下来
I don’t think we can rewrite the play, Mel.
我不赞同修改剧本 梅尔